PDA

View Full Version : M:TW Clan Scene?

Major^3
11-14-2003, 22:38
How is the clan scene for this game? and where is it centralized? As well as, how are tournaments run?
Not looking for any indepth info just askin http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Alrowan
11-14-2003, 23:41
there is indeed a clanscene, though for a few reasons i wont mention it no longer activly partakes at the .org very much. You can however find more about a lot of the clans at www.totalwars.net

This tends to be where a large chunk of the online gamers hang out.

Major^3
11-14-2003, 23:52
Quote[/b] (Alrowan @ Nov. 14 2003,16:41)]This tends to be where a large chunk of the online gamers hang out.
by that do u mean the org or .net?

i have been to .net but i didnt like the forum layout/system as much

Gregoshi
11-15-2003, 06:43
Alrowan is referring to .net. It is primarily geared towards the online aspect of the TW games. If you don't like the system, then just ignore all the government forums and focus on a few - primarily the Olympic Colosseum group of forums to get a feel for the types of ladders, events and tournaments going on and their general atmosphere (friendly, competitive, bickering, etc.).

Also, hang out in the game foyer a few times an note the clans present. Clan members usually all start their user names with their clan name. Note the interactions. Then go to the .com, .net or .org web sites and find their links to the clan web pages. Visit those clans and their forums to get a feel for the various clans you've seen online and in the community forums.

Just a general observation from my point of view: the whole clan thing isn't what it used to be. Clans were in their hay-day in the STW days. Due to several issues with the online game, clans and MP in general, MTW lost the momentum that STW had built. I will say this to put a positive spin on it: the whole MTW online/clan scene has gotten better in the past 6 months or so thanks to events such as the Clan War Belt competition and a few other tournaments/events. It is not what it once was, but it is finally recovering as time goes on.

Major^3
11-15-2003, 09:58
im fairly familiar with clan play in regards to HL mods (cs and dod in particular) and i was wondering how it compared to the M:TW one, as im looking to expand my horizons.