PDA

View Full Version : Playing MedMod on GA

Adam the Great
11-27-2003, 23:24
I've recently downloaded MedMod IV 1.85 and have been trying to get a GA game going. My problem is that no points are being awarded to any teams. The congratulations you've just completed a goal for homelands shows up at year 1100 but when I check the GA button myself (the Spanish) and all the AI teams are still at zero. I've continued a few turns and still nothing.

Also does anyone know how I could add GA for the minor factions like Aragorn, Hungary etc?

Lord Of Storms
11-28-2003, 20:24
Greetings Adam, Junior Patrons can now post replies in the Dungeon, so you can post directly in the Medmod thread if you like, as far as editing GA points for MTW this can be done in the VI version and this post is from one of the games developers

Quote[/b] ]From Eat Cold Steel CA Programmer=The file you want for homeland is regowner_table in the root. I am sorry it's a bit of a mess. All it needs is a sequence of FN_FACTION,points.

There are 16 period in the game from early to the end. The year where the points are counted cannot be changed, so you are basically stuck with just editing our stuff.

The first 16 is for region zero, don't change that. The next 16 pairs is for region one. If shows who should own this region at which check point and how many points that region is worth. In the game region one is Scotland, and the table shows that in the 9th check point if FN_ENGLISH holds Scotland then they gain 1 point.

Again, it's not pretty but if you needs to change the goals then this is the only way.

--------------
as far as opening the file you will need a program such as Ultra-Edit32 or another type of Hex Editor, just do a google search for Ultra-Edit you can get a free trial download...LOS

Adam the Great
11-29-2003, 19:58
Thanks for the help. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Adam the Great
11-29-2003, 22:41
I changed the minor factions back to being minor and that seemed to work. Sadly I don't have VI so I guess I'm out of luck as far as adding new GA's.

L`zard
11-30-2003, 00:43
Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Nov. 28 2003,11:24)]as far as opening the file you will need a program such as Ultra-Edit32 or another type of Hex Editor, just do a google search for Ultra-Edit you can get a free trial download...LOS[/QUOTE]

Am I to assume that changing things using notepad screws up the parsing or something? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif