PDA

View Full Version : Spies and Valour

Game Over!!!
12-02-2003, 20:21
I have a question about spies and obtaining valour for them. I had put 10 spies in Arabia trying to get it to revolt...Egyptian king was staying there and not leaving. After about 5 years when all 10 spies had been in province, it finally revolted...it took the province revolting 3 times in 3 years for the egyptian king to get the message and leave the province.

My question: After the third revolt all my spies had valour 2 or even 3. Did spies achieve multiple valour because of multiple revolts or is this just ??? (Anybody know?&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Eastside Character
12-02-2003, 21:27
A spy earns valour if he succeeds in acomplishing his mission.

He can catch enemy spy/assasin when in your province. He can also induce a revolt, try your generals for treason, and finally reveal vices of any foreign general.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

The Ravener
12-02-2003, 21:41
On a semi-related note...a quick question for anyone who may know...the VI patched version (MTW 2.01+) allows for cunny warrens for +3 valor spies but they are not available in mtw full campaign? Did I miss something silly or is this by design?

discovery1
12-03-2003, 03:45
Yeah, you can only build lvl 3 spies in Viking campaign, although I suppose you could mod it, not sure what the file is though.

Added:Those anyone know of a provence that gives a valor bounes for spies like Syria does for assassines?

Somebody Else
12-03-2003, 04:08
You could up the valour of your green spies by sending them all to any particularly unruly provinces belonging to the AI - Scotland, Portugal etc. incite revolts fairly often - and you'll have high valour spies.

Ludens
12-04-2003, 18:00
How does this work for shinobi in STW?

Ironside
12-04-2003, 18:10
Citera[/b] (Ludens @ Dec. 04 2003,11:00)]How does this work for shinobi in STW?
Same way, but they can only catch enemy ninjas and shinobies or incite rebellions.
I have gotten 7-valor shinobies in STW, those guys really change the loyalty http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ludens
12-04-2003, 19:33
Thanks,

So a shinobi who catches many ninja will get honour and catch even more ninja's leading to even more honour so that can catch more ninja's and get more honour and catch even more ninja's leading to even more honour so that can catch more ninja's and get more honour andcatchevenmore ninja'sleadingtoevenmorehonoursothatcancatchmoreninja'sand getmorehonourand...........

I apologize.
The pentiumprocessor I installed in my brain had a systemcrash.

But how about borderforts? Does honor protect against borderforts? And can ninja's catch enemy ninja's?

gaelic cowboy
12-05-2003, 17:26
Quote[/b] (The Ravener @ Dec. 02 2003,14:41)]On a semi-related note...a quick question for anyone who may know...the VI patched version (MTW 2.01+) allows for cunny warrens for +3 valor spies but they are not available in mtw full campaign? Did I miss something silly or is this by design?
Syria allows a high valour assasin even though it doesnt say it in the province info