PDA

View Full Version : GA questions

Jazzman
01-27-2004, 17:56
playing HRE in GA early, hard. about 1120 a new GA appears to establish HRE by obtaining italian provinces, inc. Rome, and that points counted about every 25 years. i get milan and genoa and points in 1150 then i notice after 1150 that this GA disappears but before it had dates going into 1200s, what gives? also, for crusades, if you succeed in a GA crusade and then later lose province, can you crusade to same province and get GA points again? any GA points for holding onto successful crusade provinces? for conquest points, i assume that provinces lost is substracted from provinces gained for net conquest? more generally anyone have description of how GA points calculated?

Jazzman
01-27-2004, 17:58
oops meant to post this in main, but will take any answers yall have

Basileus
01-27-2004, 19:44
As far as i know when your GA points have been counted you cant get any more for the same goal..

Brutal DLX
01-28-2004, 10:39
There may be still some bugs with individual GAs, one I still haven't figured out is the HRE Hanse trading goal, as it always seems to be fulfilled even if you have just one port and no ships in the North Sea. Perhaps it's hard to understand because one doesn't know the exact definition of trade control.
Anyway, as for your question concerning the GA, the general rule is that only some GA goals are counted right away when you finished them, most others (mostly the ones that are counted multiple times like homelands etc) just show up as red dots on the GA parchment, but that doesn't mean you have alreay gotten the points, it just means you are eligible to get these points in the year the GA awarding will take place. Which year that is, you can read on the individual description. When you get points, the GA picture comes up. That's your telltale sign.
The Italy GA comes up first and tells you that points will be counted at 3 different times, it will only come up again if the next counting is imminent, as there are regular counting points every 25 years or so for the conquest and homeland GAs. If it vanished for you, don't worry, it will come up again when it actually matters. Just check your GA sheet frequently, if something changes in there, the GA button in the bottom control panel will be flashing.

Jazzman
02-02-2004, 05:36
thanks brutal, i'll be looking for it, i'm about ready to fry the pope anyway.

mercian billman
02-02-2004, 07:51
To meet the trading goal you need the more income from trade than other factions with access to the North Sea. If you control the North Sea you've already met this goal. If your the only faction with a port you should also meet this goal.

Brutal DLX
02-02-2004, 08:59
Normally yes, but when I'm not the only one with a port and no ships of mine being present in the North Sea, it's hard to have the importing douane income exceed the money another faction like England makes by exporting. Only explanation is that you also score the points if absolutely no trading takes place at all, neither from your side nor from other factions. But I've never seen the Hanseatic League GA dots not being red, even on AI controlled factions. Before VI, it sometimes was that way and people thought this was another of the broken GAs...

squippy
02-03-2004, 11:42
This Hanseatic GA bugs me too. I wondered ifg it might be controlled by who has the biggest fleet in the North Sea, but as above, it just appears to be given if you have a ship there at all.