PDA

View Full Version : shipping crusades

Lo Rez
01-28-2004, 01:00
im playing the french with their crazy GA goals

ships all through out the med andtrying to ship a crusade from coratia to Palestine

only other nations that have ships in the area are the italians, and sicilians. Im not allied to either (they keep turning me down) but im not at war

i can ship the crusade to the first eygptian province bottom left (i forget the name) the one beside eygpt it's self, but not Palestine or any of the other provinces in that sea region http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/angry.gif & the eygptians don't have any boats there (would make sense if they did =)

any idea what im doing wrong? got a great desert army
(i think) and would hate to have to try and shove it through turkey, lower eygpt might b an idea http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-inquisitive.gif

Count Fudgula
01-28-2004, 02:14
Think the province you're referring to is Sinai. Get an emissary or a spy into the province and they will be able to *open* the port for you (just sit them there and you can land). I think border forts in the region stop you from landing your troops directly.

I had some great fun marching some Crusader armies around the north of Turkey then into Outremer through Syria, total madness, but lots of fun. One particular army heading for Tripoli was almost on its' last legs going into Tripoli when I completed the sea route. Cue enormous backup army to help out the knackered Crusaders who'd walked the whole way.

Doug-Thompson
01-28-2004, 03:13
That's strange. If you have an unbroken line of ships with no enemies, I'm at a loss. Press v on the keyboard. The seas you can move through should show up in green.

Crusades can only stay put or advance toward their goal. If the provinces you're referring to are Tunis and Cyrencia, then you have a route through the central Med but not along the Nile Coast.

mercian billman
01-28-2004, 03:54
I noticed the CPU can launch crusades from your ports or other countries but, I've never been able to launch one from their ports. Anyone else see this?

Brutal DLX
01-28-2004, 10:19
No, I've never seen this. Perhaps it seemed so because the crusade was moved from their port to your port on the turn it was started, and you failed to observe the move during the inter-turn phase so after all movement was done, it appeared as if the crusade started in your port province.

squippy
01-28-2004, 11:06
I have seen it, as Fench the Germans sent a crusade via Toulouse and lunched from there. I tried it once myself, expected to be able to launch from vbenice, but I had to go the long, hard way instead.

But this business about opening ports is news to me. Can anyone confirm that works?

Basileus
01-28-2004, 11:57
Quote[/b] (squippy @ Jan. 28 2004,04:06)]But this business about opening ports is news to me. Can anyone confirm that works?
Its news to me aswell, gonna try it out today.

Maedhros
01-29-2004, 04:05
It does, to send Crusades via waterway you often have to have an agent of some kind in the provence.

I think Sinai also needs to have a seaport if there isn't one.

fruitfly
01-29-2004, 12:03
Quote[/b] (Maedhros @ Jan. 29 2004,03:05)]It does, to send Crusades via waterway you often have to have an agent of some kind in the provence.
Wow, that's useful to know.

All this time I thought the AI was simply cheating.

Lo Rez
01-29-2004, 20:28
no dice, i tried moving spys in to the province and waiting a turn just to b sure but i could still only land on the left of eygpt =p

turn out alright tho, the eygptians were as yellow as their flag. They fled the righteous approach of my warriors, like a pack of hyenas they circled back and attacked after i'd secured the holy land

with Jerusalem back in christian hands, even with the combined might of the treacherous turks they could not prevail against the forces of the lord

i'm set to start on a massive citadel in his honor
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-angel.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-beam.gif