PDA

View Full Version : how to change rebellion settings?

myself
01-28-2004, 06:53
Anyone know how to change the rebellion settings of a province so that when you conquer it, it stays loyalty is always at max no matter how high your tax rate, even if you have no army in it?

thanks in advance.

Phatose
01-28-2004, 09:05
I don't think there's a way to make that just instantly happen. You could probably mod the buildings though, create some building that takes one turn to create, can only be created by your faction and gives a loyalty bonus of +300 or something.

Lord Of Storms
01-28-2004, 15:39
Actually the Rebeelion factior can be easily modifed by going into the startpos files of the era you wish to play and then look for this heading
//========================================
//Region Attributes
//The special characteristics for a region
//========================================
//NOTES:
// region id = code reference for this region
// name = name of region ( pointer to string in Names.txt )
// pop = population ( used for disaster calculations )
// culture = culture of this region ( taken into account for rebellions, faith, happiness, etc )
// terrain = Battlemap terrain attribute ( can be LUSH, ARID or ROCK_DESERT )
// architechture = battlemap building styles ( can be AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN, AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN, AT_EASTERN_EUROPEAN or AT_ISLAMIC )
// mapgroup = which group of maps this region looks up when a castle map is called for. values are from 0 -> ?. -1 specifies a random group.
// income = the income the owner of this region gets every year from un-augmented harvests.
// castle_name = name of the castle in this region ( pointer to string in Names.txt )
// region attributes = the type of map a battle would be fought on should it occur in this region:
// location - can be INLAND or COAST
// vista - can be FLAT, PLAINS, HILLY, or MOUNTAIN

//region id NAME REBELLIOUS. CULTURE TERRAIN ARCHITECHTURE MAPGROUP INCOME CASTLE NAME REGION ATTRIBUTES VICTORY CONDITION

SetAttributes:: ID_AFRICA Africa 0 PAGAN_CULTURE ROCK_DESERT AT_ISLAMIC -1 0 Africa Castle_xzy INLAND FLAT NO_RIVER FALSE
SetAttributes:: ID_ALGERIA Algeria 0 MUSLIM_CULTURE ARID AT_ISLAMIC -1 300 Algeria Castle_xzy INLAND HILLY

It kind of gets compressed on this board but the REBELLIOUS integer in the 2 example provinces I have here is the 0 and the number usually comes after the province name Africa 0 , 0 being the lowest and the highest I have seen used in startpos files is 4 in Portugal so if you want no rebellions change the rebellion integer to 0 save your file and that should do it. Be sure to back upall files ytou edit before making any changes...LOS

myself
01-28-2004, 20:07
I have actually fooled around with these numbers before but they seem to delay and lower the chances of rebellion to a degree but not get rid of them altogether. I had set all set prussia to -10 and compared it with when it was at its orriginal 2 and it actually made no difference. Then i lowered it to -4 to match the range of the highest value I've seen of 4 for portugal and it seemed to happen a lot less but it still does happen and at the most annoying times as well for some reason. I guess there isn't a way to completely disable rebellion from a mod approch.. :\

thanks for your feedbacks in anycase.

Lord Of Storms
01-28-2004, 20:19
Well lowering to 0 always works for me, I dont know why you are using such high numbers, and I think the program migh ignore them if they dont fall within certain parameters as the ones already in the file 0 to 4 no - or + needed, so just try 0 and it should be fine but remember many factors can cause rebellions and that number lessens or incresaes the chances, has worked for me many times...LOS