PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Mods

lanky316
02-01-2004, 16:38
I was just playing Civ3 Conquests, and I realised how great it is that you can run multiple mods on your system at the same time just by selecting them from the start-up screen. There is a similar system in cheque for Half-life.

I was thinking of the current Total War system in that you need to set up another folder to play a mod for these and noticed how space consuming this format is.

Do you think it would be easy to implement this in Rome - Total War or would it be just a waste of time and effort?

I think it's a good idea looking at the size of the modding community and the number of people who play this game with alterations to the basic files anyway, if it was easier to use mods it'd probably make the moddingh side of this on a par with the Half Life modders community.

Revenant69
02-01-2004, 16:45
This is a great idea. One of the reasons why I have no mods is because of the lack of Harddrive space and the problem of installing / reinstalling MTW etc.

Some games, like Halflife, have this feature built in. Other games have this feature enabled via community modding. I vaguely remember there was a program that allowed you to play multiple mods in Fallout 2 (I forget its name though) by choosing which one to run at startup.

I hope CA will see this thread and consider this option as it is very fruitful and will only help promote modding tehis already wicked game.

Rev

PS lanky316, I suggest you add "CA read this " to the title of your thread. It may improve the odds of them seeing it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-jester.gif

Voigtkampf
02-01-2004, 19:49
Quote[/b] (Revenant69 @ Feb. 01 2004,09:45)]I vaguely remember there was a program that allowed you to play multiple mods in Fallout 2 (I forget its name though) by choosing which one to run at startup.
FAME Fallout mod enabler Let's you chose which .dat and subsequent mod you will load; one could even load more different mods as long as they were not creating any conflicts between each other

Oh, mine, brought at a tear to me eye… Poor ol' Fallout broke his leg, and IPLY shot it dead…