PDA

View Full Version : German Campaign Map

The Proconsul
02-15-2004, 12:27
The campaign map of the German localized version of Medieval is extremely blurry and has a low resolution http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-wall.gif - is there any fix to this? Perhaps someone can mail me the appropiate files from the English version? (svenk[IHateSpam]@student.ethz.ch) http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-help.gif

Lord Of Storms
02-15-2004, 12:36
Greetings Proconsul, you say your campaign map is blurry and of low resolution?, I find this a bit odd, as it is really not something that would vary from version to version,what version is it? was this game modded or changed in any way? also what resolution is your monitor set at?
could be a problem with your PC being able to view the map in its TGA format? give some more info and stats on your PC and we will try and find the problem...LOS

The Proconsul
02-15-2004, 12:53
Well, it's the patched game, without VI. German obviously. I have a PIII 500 who's going to die of old age tomorrow, and a Radeon 9000. The map looks exactly the same for all resolutions.
I assume it's technically the same as STW; but I had no problems there. I have a possible explanation, however. the map actually DOES vary from language version to language version, because province names are localized (e. g., Switzerland becomes Schweiz), which are also changed on the map itself.

Lord Of Storms
02-15-2004, 17:52
While I understand the province titles may vary, it is the poor resolution I was reffering to from version to version, this is not a common problem, or at least I have not heard this before, and the SP campaign map being 36 megs in size is demanding on most PC's and if you say yours is dying this may be part of the problem, when viewing something this large and handling other in game functions it can put alot of drain on your PC's resources, maybe if you make sure all other background programs or utilities such as anti-virus etc. are turned off to free up some of your PC's resources. and at 500mhz you are close to low end anyway so anything is worth a try. also what OS are you using? I have seen in extreme instances a workaround for viewing the large map on Laptops or low end PC's , by switiching the names of the smaller 9meg campmap and the 36 meg map files, you can force the program to use the smaller map which is less demanding on your PC,worth a try and no harm done if it does not work, just switch names back again...LOS

Ser Clegane
02-15-2004, 19:54
The problem is definitely not linked to the localization.

I also use the German localization and switching to higher resolutions on the campaign map is possible and results in a noticable improvement of the look of the map.

The Proconsul
02-15-2004, 20:16
Hmmm.

Ah well, I can live with it.
Dying was a bit overstated - it does quite fine, seeing as how it's a 500... and I can play without lag or anything, on the campaign map, at least...