PDA

View Full Version : Personable interaction with the AI

Shamus
02-19-2004, 20:29
Does anyone have any idea how personably the factions will interact in RTW? I’ve read that the ability to negotiate has been completely re-vamped, with a great deal of options available. However, I have yet to read as to how personably the AI factions will act and react to the diplomacies of the game.

For instance, say faction A and faction B are at war. I then go and declare war on faction A. Will faction B then be more inclined to sign deals with me because of it, or will my declaring war on one of their enemies have no effect to our own negotiations?

I personally think that having such a feature would add a great deal of depth to strategic relations with other factions. You might be in a situation where faction C is hounding one of your borders and starting to encroach on your land. You contact faction B for help, but are told they cannot help you at this time. You then proceed to attack faction A, who is at war with faction B. Faction B then agrees to lend soldiers and money to your cause.

I would love to see those kinds of interactive and reactive responses between the human and AI factions in RTW.

Mithrandir
02-19-2004, 23:33
yes, they should include something like that.
reminds me of GTA2, with the 3 gangs in a town, attack 1 and the other one will like you (while the 3rd remained neutral) (then attack the 3rd and both the 1st and second gang will like you -that aside-) ;).

It would also be nice to give basic commands to your allies in battle like AOE has, "attack now" etc.

PSYCHO
02-20-2004, 12:24
I agree. It would really great if CA could have some scale of relationship in diplomacy built into RTW. Developed along the lines in other games such as EUII.

For Eg.

Each faction has a 0-100% friendship rating to every other faction. This rating would be affected by similarity of culture, marital alliances, history as reliable allies, treacherous breaking of treaties / alliance, long years or warfare, sacking cities, pillaging crops, armed assistance, gifts etc etc etc.