PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tornamnet 2004

Lord Of Storms
02-27-2004, 16:13
I do not really play this game , actually not at all.
But I caught a segment on the Screen Savers last night, and they had the developer of the game on, and he was telling of the games upcoming release, and I was amazed at the content of this game, it is 6 disks it comes with a version of Maya (a 3d rendering program) and other map and modding tools the devs used to make the game, they seem to really encourage Modders for this game, and hold regular contests for mods, the Maya program will enable the modder to make his own units to use in his Mod awesome
I would love to see something,like this for RTW, in fact the CA devs did promise they would release mod tools with RTW , and it is supposed to be the most moddable version to date, I hope this is true.
So are there any UT players here? have you done any mods for this game? I would like to hear your thoughts...LOS

Chimpyang
02-28-2004, 00:04
True...UT player are usually spoilt for choice if they want the change anything (especially due to the excellent UnrealED) i would rly love to see the same amount to moddability with TW gmaes cos the custom made tools that are out ther (although highly useful) but the CA tools would be a lot more powerful. The 3D tools would take some mastering though and animation especially may prove a long process.

Kraellin
02-29-2004, 18:53
LoS,

saw the same interview. waited a day for others do get their downloads so the ftp wouldnt be too slow, got the demo and tried it out. very slick :)

tried it first in single player. decent ai. good graphics. smooth action. good game play. the download is only about 214 megs. resolutions are cut down to keep the download as small as possible. this made the text hard to read for me. lots of the stuff i see if unreadable or barely so. they do explain this in the readmes, so expect better in the full release.

the online servers are loaded. LOTS of folks playing this thing. it's fast, furious, and lots of fun. the readme says up to 32 players, but i only saw up to 20 on any given server, so the demo may be a bit stripped on that point.

there are several game modes, assault, deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, and a sort of rugby mode where you try to get a 'ball' into a goal for a score. all of these are playable in the demo single player and online.

the demo comes with only 4 characters, 5 maps, the various game modes for single and multi and a manual in .pdf format. the maps are fairly large and well done. havent found a real bug yet. the network code seems very stable. the game code also very stable. only real problem i had was a couple times getting stuck in odd places on a map and reading some of the text stuff in various menus.

if the full game ships with as much stuff as they say it's going to, i'd say it's going to be a pretty sweet deal.

K.

Nelson
03-04-2004, 14:34
I have liked the entire UT series. I've been playing the UT2004 demo SP and MP for weeks and having a great time. The bots can flesh out teams so you can play with an uneven number of friends. I can't stand FPS games without bots.

The multi-seat vehicles are very cool. This game is on my must buy list.

Fragony
03-04-2004, 17:02
The demo is great. It runs smooth as silk even on my not so state of the art computer (1200 mhz and 256 mb ram). Great maps, great graphics and fun weapons. And when all is done all this goodness will retail for 20 euro (well so I have heard) Talk about value http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Drisos
10-11-2005, 13:58
I don't know what it is called but is anyone playing the old unreal tournament game? I mean the one who's been there for years and years now. I played that about two years ago, also mp ocasionally ~:) in case shogun multiplayer stays so quiet( ~:mercy: ) I need some game to kill the time ~:)

Lehesu
10-12-2005, 02:17
Teh old.

Drisos
10-12-2005, 11:18
teh old

sorry.. I don't understand. Did you mean: 'the old'? please explain cause I don't get what you were trying to tell me.

Arcanum
10-12-2005, 14:12
I guess you mean UT99, as I call it. Otherwise there are just a UT2003 and UT2004 out at the moment.

I have been playing it for quite a time when I switched to UT2004, good games, both of them. ~;)

Drisos
10-12-2005, 16:19
I guess it must be U99 indeed. I can't play the new game at this comp but might install the old again sometime ~:) It's fun