PDA

View Full Version : BKB Super Mod

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

The Blind King of Bohemia
01-07-2006, 21:00
ooop sry mate i dont meen the kazar Ilkhanat en i meen the khazar khaganaten cheers mate

Not sure to be honest mate, that sounds a bit odd.

Oh and I just want to thanks the people who voted for me as 'Best MTW Modder' in the HOF awards. Given the competition its a tremendous honour and I am totally humbled by it. Thanks again.

Beirut
01-07-2006, 23:25
Damn straight! You deserved it. :bow:

Thanks to you and all the mod makers for the great work and the great new toys. :yes:

axel
01-12-2006, 12:40
hi mate question wot dose the Jewish Master Merchant and Qadis! do? and how do they work mate and wot country have them ?

01-12-2006, 15:48
Jewish Master Merchants increase revenue but also spread Judaism while Qadis increase Islam and maybe some other things. JMM can be trained by the Italian factions, Khazar and the Egyptians I think, while Qadis the Almohads (maybe the Almoravids too), although I'm not sure about periods.

axel
01-12-2006, 16:46
hi mate but i meen most i put the Jewish Master Merchants on my own land or most i put him in other country s to make more money ???like a spy
and do you now why no one wants to marry my daughter i play the khazars

01-12-2006, 21:07
Probably because you shouldn't have one - they're Muslims! However, stuff like this happens, you just gotta move around it.

As for the JMM, well, they don't actually increase revenue that much TBH. It never really came off.

axel
01-12-2006, 22:52
oooh ok mate np ill just use them as a spy
thx mate i love your mod mate

kataphraktoi
01-19-2006, 04:37
Ah where do I get this mod? I haven't seen this thread in nearly over a year

01-20-2006, 16:08
Check out the first page mate for details, that should tell you all you need to know.

NormanPain
01-24-2006, 08:04
Is there a download page for this ?:help:

axel
01-24-2006, 09:07
hi mate look at the first page from this thread there are somme download links

Davidian
01-31-2006, 14:25
The patch link is dead

01-31-2006, 14:51
Its working for me mate, sometimes its a law unto its own.

Davidian
01-31-2006, 17:09
I regret to inform you that the patch destroyed my campaign mode.

Its starts with the choice witch era you want, your era(the supers) dont have a map next to it anymore. Then at the factions screens i only see " faction number 23" and stuff

then i get a ctd

axel
01-31-2006, 17:22
davidian go back to page 90 of this topic maybe you got the same problem i did have and its solved now and its wonderfull to play this mod go back to page 90 and 91 see of it helps you mate

01-31-2006, 18:13
I regret to inform you that the patch destroyed my campaign mode.

Its starts with the choice witch era you want, your era(the supers) dont have a map next to it anymore. Then at the factions screens i only see " faction number 23" and stuff

then i get a ctd

What country are you in mate, might be a language problem. I doubt the problem would be that you'd have installed it in the wrong place if you already had the main mod installed.

Davidian
01-31-2006, 19:12
Holland sir but i use the english version

this is how i install it

Medieval - viking invasion - first time i DID install the 2.01 patch the second time i did not - bkb 2.0 mod - patch 2.1

is there maybe something is must check or do you need screenshots?

01-31-2006, 19:15
Was it recent when you installed the Super Mod V2.0, or did you install that and the patch on top of each other straight away? If you were playing Super Mod V2.0 recently and everything was ok until you JUST installed the Super Mod V2.1 patch then ignore this.

Davidian
01-31-2006, 19:51
i havent tried it without 2.1 yet but i played 2.0 for a long time a while ago and never had problems

01-31-2006, 20:00
So Super Mod 2.0 was installed and working fine prior to you installing the 2.1 BKB patch? Sorry its just important I determine these things.

Davidian
01-31-2006, 20:07
I am installing medieval agian right now to check. Hang on

Davidian
01-31-2006, 20:48
I can confirm that 2.0 works

Now trying the patch agian you never know

Davidian
01-31-2006, 22:09
Well i be damned it works now i think it was just a small error somewhere

Mr White
02-08-2006, 11:19
I'm downloading the mod right now and I'm really looking forward to playing as the Flemish ( really glad that you made them a playable faction). As there are faction specific units, I would like to know how to obtain them as the Femish.

Thanks in advance

02-08-2006, 11:54
Well the Flemish are only available in Late. I believe the have Flemish Pikemen and Goedengads as exclusive units.

Mr White
02-08-2006, 12:03
Well the Flemish are only available in Late. I believe the have Flemish Pikemen and Goedengads as exclusive units.

I kind of figured that they only would be available in late as this is historically the most correct.

I was kind of hoping for Goedendags (:2thumbsup: they're in there) and some other unit., I was thinking about badelaars (AP militia swordsmen) but Flemish pikes are equally good as the pike-goedendag combination was a very deadly one.

What should I build to get them or where can I find this out?

02-08-2006, 14:27
Sorry yes Goedendags (I always get the g and the d mixed up). I think you need some kind of 'Watch' building for them (Possibly a town, maybe a city). As for pikemen, I'll check but I think its probably a high-level Spearmaker.

Aenarion
02-08-2006, 18:01
Oh interesting yes. So BKB, u get to answer here, on this topic, but you don't answer my PMs back ...

Thanks,
Aenarion

02-08-2006, 20:02
Interesting indeed - this is my work, my mod, I HAVE to reply to people who need help/ask questions.

I am not obliged to answer anything else. Why don't you try asking Barocca...oh that's right he hasn't been on these boards since October, so he won't be able to help you. I am only an Assistant Moderator, I can't even delete posts such are my powers. Until I am ever made Moderator I am not in charge of the Dungeon, and as such can't do all that much with the place, which lets face it isn't what it was. The Modding News Thread has had about 2 replies since I opened it, and I mean I can do what I can but I doubt many people will care about it. I've done what you asked by the way, though I'm not fully sure why now.

I know you've sent me a few PM's but I've had a lot of PM's lately - Ceg asked me to look at his map, and I get ones all the time from players of my mod asking for help or just general modding queries. It takes a while to reply to some of these - sometimes you'll say, "Oh, I'll reply later" and then you just forget full stop. I'm sorry ok, as you can see those posts on the Modding Round-Up thread took some time to compose and I just didn't seem to have the time to do it. I am also up to my eyes with real life matters like Uni work and family and have little time for myself, let alone other people. I haven't worked on Warlords in months because of this, and probably won't be able to until Easter. Please consider this next time you come out with a frankly insulting outburst like that on a thread where it has no place.

Thank you.

Aenarion
02-08-2006, 21:07
Please consider this next time you come out with a frankly insulting outburst like that on a thread where it has no place.
I didn't mean to post in any insulting way, so sry if I might have seemed abit with a bad temper. :sorry:

I can understand your position and I didn't realise that my post would be interferring badly within your thread, so sry once more. :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

Please forgive my actions.:bow:

Thanks,:bow:
Aenarion

soibean
02-09-2006, 01:40
what patch should we have before we install BKB Super Mod?
Should we have a clean install or should we get one of the patches or what?

Edit: Sorry stupid question, I'll look before I question next time

soibean
02-09-2006, 03:55
sorry for the double post
I cant get the 2.1 patch to work
it wont download

also I was playing without patch and the game CTD once the map loads

02-09-2006, 23:36
Well was the mod ever working at any stage, or had you only just installed it? If so I think we'd best get that figured out first.

soibean
02-10-2006, 00:49
the game screen loaded, allowed me to go into a single player campaign, I selected Castille/Leons (sp?) then once it finished loading it would CTD

02-10-2006, 10:12
Sounds like it could be a problem with your resolution. I'll get back to you soon with a solution.

soibean
02-10-2006, 13:34
thanks, I was able to download the patch from a link you had on one of the earlier pages so that solves that problem.
Thanks for your help

axel
02-11-2006, 09:22
Hi mate how are you i am playing as the norwegians its good to play i got iceland and zweden but the strange thing happend the aragonese and kiew did have a lot terrain and it all turn out to rebel terrain only for about 6 or 7 turns and then it whent back only the aragonese where staying rebel ? did nt now wot whase happening but playing norwegians is good to play i am makking a lot of money this game is getting beter and beter i hope there will be more mods comming for MTW or units:2thumbsup:
greatings alex

02-15-2006, 00:52
Not sure Axel mate, sounds weird.

Soibean, try setting your resolution on 800x600 and tell me if the problem persists then.

soibean
02-15-2006, 03:58
yes it still happens
some one told me its because the game couldnt handle my upgraded video card

axel
02-17-2006, 15:28
Hi mate i am still playing the norwegians and i am making a lot of money lol
but when i am right click on my cardinals to see his name and stars i get a windows pop up telling me no potraid found and it dose this to all my cardinals so i put a spy on papacy cardinal and they look all good no strange thing at papacy its only the norwegians i think do you now if i miss sommething in my MTW mate???

_Aetius_
02-17-2006, 20:07
BKB, if you remember awhile ago, I had a strange CTD after I installed the mod and it appeared the mod was responsible, just like to say it definately wasnt the mod that caused it. It was simply a graphics card problem, changing the antiliasing from 0 to 2 sorted it all out, suffice to say im downloading the mod right now :bow:

axel
02-21-2006, 09:43
Hi mate i am still playing the norwegians and i am making a lot of money lol
but when i am right click on my cardinals to see his name and stars i get a windows pop up telling me no potraid found and it dose this to all my cardinals so i put a spy on papacy cardinal and they look all good no strange thing at papacy its only the norwegians i think do you now if i miss sommething in my MTW mate???
and till wot year dose this campain stop is it 1454 or later ???

02-21-2006, 15:16
Its 1492 but yeah I thought I fixed that error for the Norwegian cardinals I'll have a look.

axel
02-21-2006, 15:25
ok no problem thx mate~;)

axel
02-23-2006, 09:49
Hi mate i want to play as the papacy my question is in the game the pope ask for a crusade or support against somme faction and somme times it give s away 1000 florins if i play like the papagy cane i do this also ??? or dose somme one ever play d like the papacy before or cane i find somme about it???
this mod is becomming better and better mate~;)

fede
02-27-2006, 16:14
I downloaded the full version of this BKB Super Mod, but I can't get my hands on the Patch cos the link to the download page seems to be expired, it doesn't work properly!!
Can any1 tell me where i can get the patch of this mod....??:help:

I'd like to know wheter you guys find more playable this mode or the XL one, if u eva tried it! personally, i find this one more complete..but i also think that all these mods, created by you guys, engineers of MTW, deserve to be played at least one time..they are so different and can keep a game as MTW continuosly alive, even better than RTW! :2thumbsup:

Trajen the 1st
03-02-2006, 09:36
Yes I would also like a link to the patch. I love this mod but the fist fighters men-at-arms with no swords are kinda annoying. :(

03-02-2006, 11:23
This never makes any sense, because whenever try it usually works! Try at various times of the day, and if you still don't get any luck if your e-mail inboxes are big I suppose I could e-mail it you guys.

axel
03-02-2006, 11:58
hi mate you now how to fix the problem with cardinals :2thumbsup:

Trajen the 1st
03-02-2006, 14:19
Weird, I can download it now. :dizzy2: Ohwell! Atleast now i can play Supermod again!
Yah know IMHO i think an Eastern expansion to include Iran would've been a better choice then adding Iceland. But maybe i'm dreaming to much.:juggle2: Still, it would be nice to play as the Kwarezmian kingdom.

03-02-2006, 17:27
Maybe mate but that would have required a lot more work and too many new provinces which the game wouldn't allow me to do.

Axel mate there is a fix you can do yourself which would probably be easier, but I'm sorry I overlooked this.

Go into 'Campmap' and you'll find a folder called 'Portraits'. Now go into the folder inside this called 'SuperModEarly', and then go into one called 'Vikings'. Now go into another one called 'Vikings'.

From here copy the 'Inquisitor' folder and rename it 'Cardinal'. Now go inside this new 'Cardinal' folder and where you see 'Inquisitor01' etc, rename there 'Cardinal01' and so forth. There are only 5. This should now fix your problem mate.

axel
03-02-2006, 19:23
ill give it a go mate thx man your brilliant:2thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
03-05-2006, 16:25
BKB,

I sent you countless PM's. Why aren't you answering them?! :book: :embarassed:

axel
03-06-2006, 09:44
hi mate second question i play the turks at this moment a strange thing happend the norwegians started a cruisade against the and to egypte and it didnt say it just happend out of no where and it stopt on my country and it wanted to atack me strange becose it whase a cruisade against the egypte faction i did nt have war with them ?? cane this be mate ? it came with 1700 soldiers and i did have 240 at the moment so i give up and retreated to my castle and the next turn they left and i got my country back
do you now of this is normale mate??

03-06-2006, 11:41
That is perfectly normal mate, if a Crusade stops on your lands and you Muslim, even if it wasn't launched against you they will still attack.

axel
03-06-2006, 12:05
ok thx mate :2thumbsup:

Shawn_MacDonald
03-06-2006, 21:55
First of all great mod cause it adds 3 celtic factions. But I keep on getting CTDs when ransoming prisoners back as the welsh against the english. Is this supposed to happen or do i just have bad luck with MTW

Deus ret.
03-06-2006, 22:27
BKB,
first of all very many thanks for you for releasing this mod and (obviously) for putting so much work into it. I really enjoy playing with all those the new factions and the tons of units you've added which add a whole new flavor to the game. I also liked the new buildings and titles....lord executioner, yeah!
I just have little criticism, but I have to get rid of it. The mod is great indeed, and my complaint would seem like a minor issue but ....you've somehow screwed up GA mode, I keep getting CTDs and the description of the Castille-Leonese in High says something like "The Russians' starting position is rather good"...at first this gave me a big laugh but then I realized that I'd have to conquer 2/3 of the map to win instead of just sitting back and let the point count do the work for me. I'm sure this has already been adressed countless times and to be honest it doesn't take away too much from the mod but would it be somehow possible to do something about the GA mode...?
thanx & cheers for bothering!

03-07-2006, 00:31
First of all great mod cause it adds 3 celtic factions. But I keep on getting CTDs when ransoming prisoners back as the welsh against the english. Is this supposed to happen or do i just have bad luck with MTW

Not sure TBH mate, haven't heard of that one, sounds odd. Might be just one of those little crashes that the game sometimes does, I can see no reason why it would do that. Glad to see you like the mod BTW.

BKB,
first of all very many thanks for you for releasing this mod and (obviously) for putting so much work into it. I really enjoy playing with all those the new factions and the tons of units you've added which add a whole new flavor to the game. I also liked the new buildings and titles....lord executioner, yeah!
I just have little criticism, but I have to get rid of it. The mod is great indeed, and my complaint would seem like a minor issue but ....you've somehow screwed up GA mode, I keep getting CTDs and the description of the Castille-Leonese in High says something like "The Russians' starting position is rather good"...at first this gave me a big laugh but then I realized that I'd have to conquer 2/3 of the map to win instead of just sitting back and let the point count do the work for me. I'm sure this has already been adressed countless times and to be honest it doesn't take away too much from the mod but would it be somehow possible to do something about the GA mode...?
thanx & cheers for bothering!

Sorry mate but as I have often stated there is NO GA mode for this mod I'm afraid, its not possible with the 3 maps. I could do it for one period but I wouldn't really see the point TBH mate. Glad to see your liking the mod though and I hope this doesn't detract from your enjoyment of it.

axel
03-08-2006, 11:40
Hi mate is it possible to give me the download links for this mod and upgrates i want to put this mod on a DVD but the links on page dontwork mate

fede
03-16-2006, 08:58
BKB I have a problem: I downloaded your mod and the patch, and installed it into my Total War folder. Now, I have an italian version of the game. I encountered the following problems:
1. When I have to choose the faction, it says:

factions_xzy##1!!T

factions_xzy##10!!

factions_xzy##11!!T
and for each faction description, it says "this label doesn't exist!!"
I choose a faction anyway, but when the game loads, the bar becomes half red and then the game crush and i gat back to my desktop.....:furious3:
In the Medieval Total War folder, appears a crush.txt file: MEDIEVAL_TW.EXE caused an ECEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 016F:00428516.....
But, the game works (I mean, the original early period works fine, it's just the super early that crushes).
I have almost done everything correctly during the installation...except for the point where u say "BEFORE YOU START THE GAME, GO INTO 'TEXTURES/MEN', AND WHATEVER PERIOD YOU WANT TO USE MAKE SURE ITS CALLED JUST 'DEADPAGE COORDS'. WHILST NOT IN USE, MAKE SURE THAT THE OTHER TWO PERIODS ARE FRONTED BY THEIR FIRST NAME FOR EASE, LIKE I HAVE DONE WITH HIGH AND LATE" because in the folder Textures/Men the are 6 folders called "Custom0", "Custom1", "Custom3", "Custom6", "Custom7" and "Items"...so where's this "Deadpage Coords"?? Is it possible that this is the reason my game crush??? :help:
I need help guys... I'm looking forward to check this mod out!! :sweatdrop:

03-16-2006, 12:15
Ok I think I know your problem mate. In 'Loc', do you now have an 'Eng' and a, I'm presuming its called this, 'Ita' (or suchlike) folder? Well I believe you need to copy all the stuff from the 'Eng' folder INTO that other folder. Hopefully the game should work then.

fede
03-16-2006, 15:23
Ok..thanx. I had to do somerhing similar while checking TotalWar XL, so it shouldn't be a problem. Can u please explain to me what do i have to do with that "deadpage coords"??
cheers mate :book:

Galagros
03-17-2006, 00:11
The 2.1 patch link is not working.

fede
03-17-2006, 09:02
1. Galagros, u have to be patient, very patient..i been trying for a week to download the patch, but at the end i did it!! ~:cheers:

2. BKB, i'm glad to tell u that the mod is working now, thanx 4 your help!~:thumb: One question: i need some explanations about that "dead... coords" thing, and onether thing: is there, by chance, a readme file into the mod pack?? I can't find it, but i noticed there are some pages with people asking you explanations about things on a readme.txt, that stuff about creating a folder called Pagans2... :duel:

Scias
03-25-2006, 18:59
hi i am having problems with the installation of the BKB Super Mod......and when i make another copy of vi and install this mod over it, it doesnt seem to like it as when i set the installation folder to where it installs the which is like this: C:\Program Files\Total War\BKB Super Mod.

I did this because like i said i made another copy of vi so that i can still play vi.....

would really like ur help on this cause this is the 2nd time i hav installed it but it still doesnt work......

L'Impresario
03-25-2006, 19:15
You need to choose this path: C:\Program Files\Total War\
Then the mod will be installed automatically to the "Viking Invasion" subfolder, so if you want to keep the standard VI, better rename it before installing and change it back after you're done.

Scias
03-26-2006, 12:17
right.......but that doesnt really help me alot sry to say.....so ill just hav to repeat myself, i hav made new folder for this mod called BKB super mod with also a fresh copy of vi, now when i go to install this mod onto that folder i hav just made, what should i set the installation path as.......cause if i just set it as u hav stated and it goes into the VI folder then i cant play VI no more or just need to install it again......

L'Impresario
03-26-2006, 13:16
Lol, it's quite simple. You rename your VI folder into "I'm not VI" and you name the folder you want to contain BKB into "Medieval - Total War". Then you install BKB into the "C:\Program Files\Total War\" folder and afterwards you just rename the "" folder, which now has BKB, into "BKB SuperMod" and then the "I'm not VI" into "Medieval - Total War".
BKB Supermod is set to install to your standard VI folder, that's why you must rename it, in order to sort of "trick" it.

Sorry, had an error there hehe

Scias
03-26-2006, 13:29
u hav indeed confused me more than ever........how is this simple!!!

i found dux easier to install :P

Scias
03-26-2006, 13:30
u hav indeed confused me more than ever........how is this simple!!!

i found dux easier to install :P

axel
03-27-2006, 23:08
Hi mate i have a problem i am playing the Almoravids the game did a CTD a cople of times at the year 1199 so i started a new game only to have a look if it wos sommething else but the game workt fine so i went to my save game at 1199 and it did a CTD again i lookt at my units and Qadi s but all seems fine i dont now wot the problem is?????is there maybe somme bug?? i still got the save game maybe you want to have a look?

axel
03-27-2006, 23:10
P.S. mate it only CTD when i go to next year i press the next year button and then all the king s faces show up like normal and then it CTD

axel
03-28-2006, 15:44
hi mate i stil got a saved game from the Almoravids starting at 1197 so i started to play that game and i past the year 1199 nothing happend all whent fine but it started again (CTD) around 1208 so i started again but it did the same thing i think there s a bug at the Almoravids campain i dont now if you now about this or any one else

Faenaris
03-30-2006, 16:40
Hiya all,

I have a request regarding the patch for BKB's mod. I know that the link works and I should be able to get it. However, I have tried for over 2 weeks now, at various moments, and I still have no luck.

Could someone be so kind to upload the patch to filefront or Rapidshare? Even Fileplanet would be good. :)

Thanks in advance,

BK

Samurai Waki
03-31-2006, 03:37
I used the link last night and it dl'd just fine for me... all you need to do is go into BKB 2.0 Link at 3D Downloads. Select Previous, Scroll Down a bit and the 2.1 Patch Will show right up.

Faenaris
03-31-2006, 10:09
Thanks, Wakizashi. Your method worked perfectly. :)

axel
04-08-2006, 10:06
hi mate i have a other question as well mate wot dose a HERETIC PRIEST do ?

04-08-2006, 14:59
Spreads Hereticism, probably more useful to send into enemy territories and perhaps cause unrest, or maybe you can turn your provinces heretic if you wish to change faith.

_Aetius_
04-08-2006, 21:06
I know this oughta be in the guides section, but I felt if anybody can offer me help its those who play BKB primarily.

My problem is how to survive with the HRE on expert in the early period, I expected a rough time as usual, but i've been forced to quit a game because it was simply to difficult.

Within 10 years I was being invaded by the Danes (Saxony), Poles (Brandenburg), Hungarians (Austria and Bohemia), Venetians (Tyrolia) and Croatians (Austria), my eastern frontier was after some bitter fighting, simply overrun. It seems that despite my generally superior army that there is no way to properly hold back this many enemies, often my garrisons were forced to withdraw to the castle, forcing me then to go on the offensive which means even in victory casualties are enormous. This was without the usually aggressive French getting involved, many troops were in the west to safeguard their non-aggressive stance, but to remove them to assist the east would invite the AI's inevitable wrath.

Besides i'd rather avoid having to reconquer to much early on altogether.

Can somebody offer a basic strategy for the HRE in regards to maintaining the integrity of your frontier provinces? I'm thinking somekind of offensive action is required early on to remove 1 of your potential threats, but if so which?

Thanks in advance.

axel
04-08-2006, 21:57
Hi mate cane i fix this problem i have with the almoravids???
i am playing the Almoravids the game did a CTD a cople of times at the year 1199 so i started a new game only to have a look if it wos sommething else but the game workt fine so i went to my save game at 1199 and it did a CTD again i lookt at my units and Qadi s but all seems fine i dont now wot the problem is?????is there maybe somme bug?? i still got the save game maybe you want to have a look?
it only CTD when i go to next year i press the next year button and then all the king s faces show up like normal and then it CTD

hi mate i stil got a saved game from the Almoravids starting at 1197 so i started to play that game and i past the year 1199 nothing happend all whent fine but it started again (CTD) around 1208 so i started again but it did the same thing i think there s a bug at the Almoravids campain i dont now if you now about this or any one else

this are 2 questions mate i hope i cane fix this mate:2thumbsup:

Aenlic
04-09-2006, 00:10
I know this oughta be in the guides section, but I felt if anybody can offer me help its those who play BKB primarily.

My problem is how to survive with the HRE on expert in the early period, I expected a rough time as usual, but i've been forced to quit a game because it was simply to difficult.

Within 10 years I was being invaded by the Danes (Saxony), Poles (Brandenburg), Hungarians (Austria and Bohemia), Venetians (Tyrolia) and Croatians (Austria), my eastern frontier was after some bitter fighting, simply overrun. It seems that despite my generally superior army that there is no way to properly hold back this many enemies, often my garrisons were forced to withdraw to the castle, forcing me then to go on the offensive which means even in victory casualties are enormous. This was without the usually aggressive French getting involved, many troops were in the west to safeguard their non-aggressive stance, but to remove them to assist the east would invite the AI's inevitable wrath.

Can somebody offer a basic strategy for the HRE in regards to maintaining the integrity of your frontier provinces? I'm thinking somekind of offensive action is required early on to remove 1 of your potential threats, but if so which?

Thanks in advance.

The only thing which works for me is hitting the Danes. After losing Denmark, they generally are too weak to be a threat for a long while. They'll generally accept a quick peace afterwards. This allows you to concentrate on defending against the more difficult enemies.

A tactic I've thought about trying but haven't yet gotten around to doing, is to try taking out Croatia then withdrawing to give the Hungarians something easier than the HRE to go after. This would also bring them into more immediate contact with the Byzantines, making them less of a threat to the HRE.

edyzmedieval
04-10-2006, 18:17
BKB, did you manage to fix the blurred campaign map problem I talked to you about many times ago?

I hope you can fix that. It's really annoying. :book:

Thanks, and I hope you can release a new patch or a new version soon!!! ~:cheers:

Zathernon
04-12-2006, 16:42
Hi BKB,
I have the 2.1 version, yet the shipping from Ireland is to the Atlantic towards Iceland where the port is in the Irish Channel.
Not complaining, makes grabbing rebel Iceland that much easier.
Gc 2thumbsup

04-12-2006, 17:25

Thanks in advance.

I will play the game as germany tonight and try to get some info and help back for you mate

NodachiSam
04-15-2006, 16:51
BKB, or anyone else, what is the size of this download? I can't seem to find the info. Thanks.

IPoseTheQuestionYouReturnTheAnswer
04-20-2006, 01:21
Just for the informational record - the 2.1 patch link is broken. It doesn't seem to like me very much.

GoreBag
05-01-2006, 21:52
BKB, it seems that the host for your downloads is no longer available, probably because of Tosa's absence in some way. :help:

Duke Eugen
05-08-2006, 07:32
BKB Just a quick question (I hope) How do I adjust the units a faction is able to make. eg. make the pope able to make Italian Inf.?
I know it must be defined somewhere but I can't find it or more likely did not recognize it when I looked at it.:idea2:

Thanks again for the hours and hours of fun playing your mod.
I don't even think I had this much fun when the game first came out!:2thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
05-09-2006, 14:13
BKB, any plans for a new patch?~:)
Maybe I'll come back to MTW.

And how's your other mod going? :book:

Galagros
05-12-2006, 00:19
I've tried to download the 2.1 patch several times on several different days spread out over a month's time and can not do it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

05-12-2006, 16:51
If you PM me with your e-mail address I'll send it to you. Its about 4.5MB though.

GoreBag
05-17-2006, 21:34
I'll be doing the same.

05-18-2006, 11:48
Those having trouble downloading the patch should check out this link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCRZLY71

Deus ret.
05-18-2006, 19:39
speaking of a new patch *grin* for this fantastic mod, I think it also would be a good idea to adjust province building limits (which in themselves are a great thing) to their unit bonus. e.g. it is rather disappointing to play as the HRE with the aim of recruiting +1 valour Gothic Knights in Saxony some day, only to discover that the named province can't even upgrade to a fortress.

The Grand Inquisitor
06-17-2006, 20:22
BKB Just a quick question (I hope) How do I adjust the units a faction is able to make. eg. make the pope able to make Italian Inf.?
I know it must be defined somewhere but I can't find it or more likely did not recognize it when I looked at it.:idea2:

Easiest way is to download the GnomeEditor, here:
<http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/Tools/Gnome_UnitBuildProj_Editorv2.0.zip>

This allows you to load and save the unit files. The files you want are

EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
HIGH_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
LATE_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT

found in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War.

Scroll down to ItalianInfantry. The faction setting is in column fifty. Insert FN_PAPIST.

Krondor
06-23-2006, 00:33
Can someone help me in editing the strategic Map? I would even pay money for it?

Justiciar
07-07-2006, 22:38
Having some problems getting the mod to work. I've loaded it twice now, each on a clean install of VI, with a fresh download each time.. and on both occasions I've had pretty much the same problem. When I try to start a new campaign in any of the Super ----- Periods I can't see the map displayed, and then if I try to go on regardless it either CDTs no me or I get the same problem mentioned last page (the names and descriptions aren't working properly). Any ideas what I can do to fix it? Aside from reinstalling, which I honestly can't be arsed doing again..

Geezer57
07-08-2006, 23:20
Look inside the destination folder where you intended to install the mod, say "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod". See if there's a subfolder named "Medieval - Total War" in there (example: "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War"). If so, your missing files are all in the subfolder(s), and should be copied up one level to the appropriate place in the main game folder.
For example, any files in the "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War" subfolder should go straight into the "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod" folder. The contents of any sub-subfolders inside "Medieval - Total War" go into the equivalent subfolders inside "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod"; i.e., files in "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War\Maps" should go into "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Maps". I know this all seems confusing, but you'll get the hang of it after thinking about it a bit.

IMHO, the installer for BKB isn't the smartest - it just assumes a default "C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War" installation. If you don't have the game installed in the default location, the installer doesn't check for this. So look for misdirected files/folders before attempting to run the mod. Good Luck!

Justiciar
07-09-2006, 03:49
Thanks, mate. Worked a charm! :2thumbsup:

Geezer57
07-11-2006, 01:16
Glad to hear it fixed your problems! The only reason I knew about it was that I'd been stung by the same thing once before, when first installing BKB. I stumbled on the fix more by accident than anything else, only after much frustration and hair-pulling. So I'm happy to share, hoping for a very, very small improvement in world mental health. One small step at a time! :laugh4:

Tristrem
08-19-2006, 21:15
hi
quick question about heretic priests, how do i get them to be more effective?
i've tried raising their valor, but nothing seems to help. It would be nice to get one that can raise the heresy above 2%. is their any adjustment to their stats that would help with this problem?

08-19-2006, 21:55
In the unit prod file, have you tried upping the number next to 'Heretic'?

Tristrem
08-19-2006, 22:33
yes i have tried that, i bumped it up to 10, and then to 20, it didn't seem to make much of a difference

edyzmedieval
08-26-2006, 11:19
I downloaded again the BKB Super Mod, as I got a new computer. :2thumbsup:

I'm having a very nice campaign as the Wallachians. Really interesting. I'll try the Crusader States later on. I wanna thump the Arabs with the Templar Knights.~:)

JR-
08-28-2006, 16:53
I have the PCGamer Gold Edition DVD of MTW which has the installation path:

\The Creative Assembly\Medieval Toal War GOLD\

the installed game is listed as version 2.0, and won't accept the v2.01 VI patch.

is there any hope that i can play this excellent mod?

L'Impresario
08-28-2006, 17:17
First of all, use the patch for the Gold Edition (http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/patches/MTW_GOLD_Patch_2.0-to-2.01.zip;jsessionid=E970CE5321E05A56FFB2B4B96E98193C).

Then, for easy reference, you can rename your folders to match this path \Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War
And if you remember, you 'll have to install the mod to this path C:\Program Files\Total War\

JR-
08-28-2006, 23:08
many thanks.

i'd figured out the path name, and the install directory, but i didn't know there was a patch for the 'gold' edition.

just have to get the thing to work with my 7900GT without getting CTD's as soon as i start a campaign now........

JR-
08-29-2006, 00:01
First of all, use the patch for the Gold Edition (http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/patches/MTW_GOLD_Patch_2.0-to-2.01.zip;jsessionid=E970CE5321E05A56FFB2B4B96E98193C).

Then, for easy reference, you can rename your folders to match this path \Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War
And if you remember, you 'll have to install the mod to this path C:\Program Files\Total War\
why does the patch refuse to load because it cannot see BUGSLAYERUTIL.dll, which a google search tells me is probably a trojan?

GrimSta
08-29-2006, 00:09
playing a Late Era campaign with the Scots.

Couldnt bring myself to invade my home country (england) so i went East instead and went Viking on the Scandanavians, I am now a 7 influence country with the groovy name of Scotlanavia.

or not.

Nah, I've invaded Norway, Sweden & Finland, but although i have ships in all the seas (Baltic, Norwegion, crazy swedish one, North Atlantic, North Sea) I cant seem to be able to land my army in Denmark which is my next target. all I can do is invade Lithuania, the Flemish or England.

King of Atlantis
08-30-2006, 22:51
The patch doesnt seem to be workign anymore, you think you can upload it somewhere new BKB?

Grim, do the Danish have a ship in one of those seas?

Kierkegaard
08-31-2006, 05:39
The patch doesnt seem to be workign anymore

try here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCRZLY71
good luck!!

GrimSta
08-31-2006, 16:55
KoA - Nope, they did, but i destroyed their navuy a turn before i wanted to invade but still no joy....

GrimSta
08-31-2006, 16:55
double post...

08-31-2006, 20:13
Do you have the patch mate because I think it may have fixed a few of those sea problems. Unfortunately it does mean you won't be able to continue your current campaign if you don't already have it.

King of Atlantis
09-01-2006, 02:54
BKB I have to say. Ive reinstalled MTW and your mod and I am having alot of fun. Your mod is so much more enjoyable than any other TW experience I have had. Hope your back in the game for M2TW!

09-01-2006, 10:12
Cheers mate. I am thinking of modding Medieval 2, most likely an Age of Warlords mod

william the bastard
09-01-2006, 13:00
Eh merde !! sorry for my french but I understand your feeling, we all eagerly waiting MTW II!

Kierkegaard
09-02-2006, 02:15
Cheers mate. I am thinking of modding Medieval 2, most likely an Age of Warlords mod

Great!!:2thumbsup:
btw, BKB, when will your AMAZING mod Age of Warlords for MTW be released? i can not wait to play it!!:laugh4:

09-02-2006, 11:51
Hopefully fairly soon, the first period is about 85% complete, and I must say I'm very excited about it.

Riadach
09-02-2006, 15:57
Excellent mod bkb, really like what you've done with the Irish. Looks really good. Kinda wish you could have put two provinces there so they could have been brought into the high and late eras. But less of my moaning, kudos!!!!!

09-02-2006, 16:03
Excellent mod bkb, really like what you've done with the Irish. Looks really good. Kinda wish you could have put two provinces there so they could have been brought into the high and late eras. But less of my moaning, kudos!!!!!

I would love to have spilt ireland into three or four provinces, i just just wasn't able to with the province restriction. Rest assured though in Age of Warlords Ireland is split into 6 provinces with Connaught owning the west, the south independent with Dermot Macmurrogh appearing in Leinster around the 1160 mark, the east around Dublin owned by Norse Gaels with Ostmen and the Ui Neils in Ulster. It will make very entertaining battles and a balanced campaign. Except that the Norse and Lords of the Isles do invade very often

Riadach
09-02-2006, 18:19
Sounds great. Well i'm a fluent Irish speaker, have a fair knowledge of middle irish as well as a degree in irish history, specializing in gaelic medieval history, so any provinces or titles or units or historical figures names that need to be translated i'd be happy to help. What's your starting date? And is that sixth province meath?

09-02-2006, 19:08
The provinces at the moment are Leinster, Munster, Connaught, Ulster, Aileach and Meath

Riadach
09-02-2006, 19:17
I like the idea of having the connachtmen and the ulstermen battling for supremacy, especially around 1155 since it was a two horse race then with the connachtmen eventually becoming supreme. Are they getting two provinces each? U&#237; N&#233;ill- Aileach and Ulaidh and Connachtmen connacht and Meath?

09-02-2006, 19:21
I was going to give them two each but i might just give them one each, so it gives them a chance to build themselves up better and not go broke easily. I have given the celtic nations save Scotland totally a different tech tree compared to other western nations. I'm trying to make them as individual as possible

Riadach
09-02-2006, 19:30
I was going to give them two each but i might just give them one each, so it gives them a chance to build themselves up better and not go broke easily. I have given the celtic nations save Scotland totally a different tech tree compared to other western nations. I'm trying to make them as individual as possible

Yes true, well truth be told connachts control over breifne/meath and uí néill control over ulster was tenuous enough, so perhaps to make them have to exact authority would be quite accurate historically. Personally i'd like to see a breifne more than a meath, as meath itself was a spent power, not seeing a contender for the kingship of Ireland since 1022. Most other provinces were carving it up at this stage, with breifne being the major beneficiary, in fact Giraldus Cambrensis thought Tighernán Ó Ruairc, who was king of Breifne, was king of Meath.

I can see why you'd make it individual, however you must not make the mistake of presuming Ireland was completely different to the rest of Europe. There were many similiarities and parallels, and irish form of feudalism had been developed, the church had been under roman control since the 7th century, but naturally there were differing aspects as well, so a balance would be best.

09-03-2006, 15:55
Yes true, well truth be told connachts control over breifne/meath and uí néill control over ulster was tenuous enough, so perhaps to make them have to exact authority would be quite accurate historically. Personally i'd like to see a breifne more than a meath, as meath itself was a spent power, not seeing a contender for the kingship of Ireland since 1022. Most other provinces were carving it up at this stage, with breifne being the major beneficiary, in fact Giraldus Cambrensis thought Tighernán Ó Ruairc, who was king of Breifne, was king of Meath.

I can see why you'd make it individual, however you must not make the mistake of presuming Ireland was completely different to the rest of Europe. There were many similiarities and parallels, and irish form of feudalism had been developed, the church had been under roman control since the 7th century, but naturally there were differing aspects as well, so a balance would be best.

Don't worry mate, i won't be making the Celtic factions backward, just unique. I just don't want them running around with Chivalric Men at arms, Chivalric Knights, crossbowmen with Pavises, etc

With the actual names of units i am having trouble with. I have given the Irish factions the rising out as a basic levy infantry but have given them other infantry units and a basic light Gaelic Cavalry armed with Javelins. The Ui Neil will get access to some new Galloglaich units. They settled in Ireland as around the mid 13th century around ulster and later on other parts of Ireland such as Connaught.

The Ui Neils have a heavy infantry unit whose name is just Ulster infantry at the moment but if you have a more appropiate name feel free to help out mate. They have access to an Isles mercenary unit as well. I think Connaught might be lacking an infantry unit but i might give them another unit before the release.

Riadach
09-03-2006, 17:43
Well Northern Cavalry used a much larger horse than their southern counterparts. They would have been referred to as marcshlua, which means basically cavalry, or lucht tighe or lucht teaghlaigh, which means household troop, as thats what cavalry was usually made up of. They would have initially held javelins as well as overarmed lances and swords, later they used bows and very effectively according to Raymond De Perelhos, they also wore chainmail as well as a cloak illustrating their rank. Many horse units would have dismounted, acting like a nice infantry unit.

As regards regular infantry, the ceithearnach(kern) would have been the most common form, but this wasn't a peasant levy but rather a native mercenary band or standing unit. They would have been lightly armoured (leather jerkins at most) armed with swords spears and throwing spears, so i would include these as a non-peasant infantry. They also learned to master the bow and the musket in the later middle ages. You could include the &#243;glach, who was a free lance noble warrior, almost like a knight, but not trained enough maintain a horse, who would be similar to a gall&#243;glach kind of unit, if you are looking for something that precedes them. The gall&#243;glaigh were as important in Connacht as they were in Ulster, so historically they shouldn't be restricted to the one province. Plus the irish fought over access to the ostmen units of dublin limerick waterford and galway, though these would not have been found in Ulster, because of their success at destroying norse settlements therin. A peasant levy would have been called just a daoscarshlua, or even fo-dhaoine (underpeople- they irish were extremely classist).

Irish kings (since the beginning of the 12th century) also had occasionally anglo-norman mercenaries in their imploy, even before the norman invasion, and we know that Cathal Crobhdearg had a unit of S&#225;irsinnigh (from the anglo-french sargeant) which were bowmen, though after the norman invasion they never seemed to employ heavy cavalry, perhaps because they just didn't suit the irish landscape.

You could also include the giolla each (horseboy), basically a squire who supplied his master with fresh horses but could sometimes fight himself. There was a giolla con, as well, who was in charge of warhounds but unfortunately i don't think you can manage such in an mtw mod. There are references to siege equipment in the post norman era. I'm not sure do any precede the norman invasion, but we do have accounts of breaking bridges and stone castles that could only really be achieved by such.

I hope this helps.

Galagros
09-12-2006, 03:38
Is there some sort of text file that lists all of the new units and their respective factions? I don't see any read me that came with the download. I'd like to see what special units, etc a faction has before I choose who to play. (as my next faction)

Currian
09-19-2006, 15:58
Must've been years since I've posted on these forums, but I just had to get back. I recovered my copy of MTW from underneath a large pile of dust because my fingers were just itching to play it. Now I want to play this mod too, because of the many positives reviews I've heard about it. Unfortunately, I can't.

I've got the German version (was cheaper) of VI 2.01, a clean install. When I install the 2.00 version of the mod, everything goes fine. However, the icon of the game stays the same, just like the name and the interior (I don't know whether this is supposed to be like that but whatever). When the Super Early campaign (that one's called DEADPAGE COORDS, right?) is loading, I finally see a trace of the SuperMod, with the knight on horseback. But then, I get a CTD (right before it's fully loaded). Every single time I try. When I patched it, the same thing occurred.

Does anyone know what this means? Maybe it's because I have the German version, or have I forgot to do something?

Anyway help would be much appreciated as MTW is one of the best games ever and this Mod is supposed to make it even better. :2thumbsup:

Galagros
09-19-2006, 21:20
I would guess it's a language problem. I think there are language files in one of the folders that you have to mess with. I'm sure you could search for an answer on the forum. Or I could be completely wrong. :sweatdrop:

Currian
09-21-2006, 14:07
Thanks for the advice. I got the English files but the CTD still occurred. Perhaps anyone else knows a solution?

09-22-2006, 19:54
Did you put the English files in your German folder, or perhaps create a separate Eng folder?

Also, what visual settings have you got your computer on? I here 800X600 is best advised with new maps.

Currian
09-25-2006, 17:41
Doesn't matter anymore, got the English copy of the game today and the mod now runs like a charm. And it's great! Thanks a lot! :2thumbsup:

09-25-2006, 18:08
That's great mate, glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Kralizec
09-27-2006, 00:12
Great mod mate, I installed it barely 2 hours ago and I'm already hooked :2thumbsup: (I really should get to bed right now though)

One pleasant suprise is the inclusion of the Flemish in Late, hadn't quite expected that.

Filipe24
10-14-2006, 01:21
Hi,

I downloaded the mod (version 2.0) and installed it, but i am only able to play on the super early campaign map, the other two campaings crash after the loading screen. Is there something i need to change manually in order to play these campaigns? I have searched the thread for similar problems and for a readme file but haven´t found annything yet

The mod is fantastic however, congratulations o creating such a masterpiece. All I need now to be truly happy is to be able to play with Portugal (Only in High and Late lolol)

Thanks

10-14-2006, 10:42
Sounds odd mate. Inside your 'Medieval - Total War' folder, do you have another folder called 'Medieval - Total War' as well? Also, what language are you playing the game in?

Thanks for the kind words.

Filipe24
10-14-2006, 13:45
No i don´t. I have been doing some more investigating and even in the super early campaign i am only able to load certain factions without the game crashing. Do you recon that it could have something to do with my graphics card? I have an NVIDIA Ge Force FX 5500 with up to date drivers, maybe the mod has some compatibility issue with this card.

Anyway Im off to put my kilt on as the scots are one of the factions that I am able to play with lol.

"they can take our lives, but they can't take our freedom"

10-14-2006, 15:41
Perhaps. Unfortunately though I'm not up on graphics cards, though the problem has arose before. Perhaps you could search this thread for graphics cards?

Filipe24
10-14-2006, 17:27
Ok will do

Geezer57
10-14-2006, 23:24
As a general rule of thumb, NVidia GeForce 4xxx and 5xxx series GPU's behave best with Medieval - Total War (and its mods) using drivers no newer than version 61.77 (can be found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77.html in the NVidia archive).

sprucemoose
10-18-2006, 23:09
BKB

will you be tinkering with MTW2?

hopefully you will

best regards

da moose

10-18-2006, 23:24
I intend to mate - check out Age of Warlords II in the Medieval II Hosted Mods section.

CosTan
10-22-2006, 18:28
This is easily the best mod out there for Medieval Total War.

Vladimir
10-23-2006, 19:37
Hmm, 97 pages. Do I forsake XL and flurt with another?

satchef1
10-25-2006, 22:32
Nice mod BKB, just dled and started a campaign as the Welsh and ive got to say its one of the most interesting campaigns ive played!

This is a bit odd though:
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/satchef1/rebel.jpg

10-26-2006, 11:24
Yes that is strange. I wonder if that was the last rebel stronghold on the map and there were no more left. Other than that mate it might be a bug

satchef1
10-26-2006, 12:41
It comes up at the start of every turn. Wasnt the last rebel province though, just on that screenie there are 5 more and im sure that most of the other provinces in france/germany were rebel too (theres been a lot of civil wars). Could it be something to do with Civil War? Maybe a faction split in 2 (with the AI following the rebels) at the same time as the king being executed?

EDIT: Im begining to think my install is just dodgy...
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/satchef1/muslimprincess.jpg

Vladimir
10-29-2006, 21:04
Is this mod avaliable at a site that won't cause my home computer to crash? (3d downloads)

unsung
11-08-2006, 00:16
Could someone tell me wher eto find a read me? I've installed a mod, and put files where it seems they should go, but the game freezes on thinking- it makes that noise windows makes when you get a error and popup, but there is no popup- I already fixed the portraits thing, so I'm confused. :wall:

PS: if this has been answered before, I didn't have time to read the whole thread- and me and forum search engines ar at war with each other.

Baron von Manteuffel
11-08-2006, 01:14
Could someone tell me wher eto find a read me? I've installed a mod, and put files where it seems they should go, but the game freezes on thinking- it makes that noise windows makes when you get a error and popup, but there is no popup- I already fixed the portraits thing, so I'm confused. :wall:

PS: if this has been answered before, I didn't have time to read the whole thread- and me and forum search engines ar at war with each other.
You say you "put files where it seems they should go". Where exactly is that, the "Total War" folder, or the default "Medieval - Total War" folder? Total War is correct. ~:thumb: Look inside your Medieval - Total War folder and if you find another Medieval - Total War folder inside, then you installed to the wrong folder. ~;)

unsung
11-08-2006, 02:24
there is, one in there, but I used copy and paste on the files in it (the individual files in the folders, not the folder themselves, unless something named it didn't exist) to put them in the correct folders in my total war folder.

I am pretty sure I used the right name though- my game is installed in the file 'totalwar' and that is where I installed it too.

Should it be overwriting previous files?

if so, what should I install it to, anyway if not the folder in program files I have the game in?

axel
11-08-2006, 16:42
hi unsung
i think i hade the same problem somme time ago look at page 90 and 91 and 92 i think that will solve your problem i hope :2thumbsup:

unsung
11-08-2006, 18:41
Okay, I think I may understand my problem- I'm going to remname 'totalwar' to te name it usuallyt has- there is no medieval total war folder except the one made by the mod, so I might try fixing this, deleting files, and re-installing the mod.

Of course, I have only 500 MB left on my hard drive, mostly becasue of the mods files- and I can't re-install the game, because I lost the vking disk for my gold edition, so I'd like some confrimation.

BTW when I copied and pasted, I put the files in folders with the names that they had in the folder the mod put in.

I also installed the patch right after the mod, before doing that, WHich I also think could be the problem.

unsung
11-08-2006, 23:56
well, I tried what I said- It looks more like what I expected, and doesn't have an extra file, but still freezes on thinking.

unsung
11-09-2006, 00:14
Wait- does this mod work only with 2.01?
I just realized I only have 2.0.

Wow, I'm embarrassed now.

I also wish i could edit my posts so that I cold disemploy replace the previous one and not clutter up the topic.

I'm gonna patch, re-install the mod, and then tell you if I still have problems.

Kavhan Isbul
11-09-2006, 00:17
I have played BKB mod without the 2.01 patch, so I do not think ti is the problem. It won't hurt trying though.

Sethik
11-30-2006, 22:01
I've been a bit dissapointed with M2TW so I decided to reinstall the original again (which is not MTW to me without your mod, BKB), but the link to the 2.1 patch seems to be dead. Everytime I try to download it the web page times out. Are there any mirrors out there for the patch?

axel
11-30-2006, 23:36
Hi mate
trye this link i think it still works mate http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=LCRZLY71 if not i got mail it to you

Sethik
12-01-2006, 14:26
Thanks a lot, I'm installing it now.

Kara Kolyo
12-01-2006, 17:35
Hi i am trying to install the BKB mod and downloaded version 2.0, but i can't download the patch. Is there other site i can get it from?

Sethik
12-03-2006, 00:14
Hi mate
trye this link i think it still works mate http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=LCRZLY71 if not i got mail it to you

It's two posts above you. You can at least look before you post.

Kara Kolyo
12-03-2006, 10:41
Well i wouldn't ask this question if that link worked.... for 6 days now it says that all slots are taken.... tried it numerous times.

12-03-2006, 12:51
Well i wouldn't ask this question if that link worked.... for 6 days now it says that all slots are taken.... tried it numerous times.

Have you tried the link on the first page of the thread mate?

Kara Kolyo
12-03-2006, 13:07
Yup. Tried that first and so far it sais page cannot be oppened. i had no problems with downloading the mod itself and play it right now while waiting for EB, no problems whatsoever

ugly demon
01-22-2007, 23:06
Hi

Do you have to own the VI expansion for this mod?

thanks.

r johnson
01-23-2007, 11:21
Ok i've installed both patches and I can't get it to work, I should point out i'm not a computer genius so your reply will need to be in simply English for the simple members. :help:

Kara Kolyo
01-23-2007, 21:45
Ok another question - searched the first pages but couldn't find some kind of readme for the required buildings to construct the next city level. i tried with the extra defences, but that's not it, non of the buildings shows "possible upgrade to Citadel" for example, so Help!

axel
01-23-2007, 22:46
Hi all
ugly demon yes you need the VI to play this mod mate

r johnson if you open your MTW folder you will see a a other MTW folder trye to install the patch there mate and it will work (see page 90,91 of this topic) let us know of it works.

Kara Kolyo sorry mate cant help you there i hope Blind king of bohemia will get on line soon

r johnson
01-25-2007, 18:18
Hi all

r johnson if you open your MTW folder you will see a a other MTW folder trye to install the patch there mate and it will work (see page 90,91 of this topic) let us know of it works.

Fount a total war folder with medieval total war folder inside it... what now. I should mension - for some reason - I still have XL stuff in it even though i've installed and unstalled mtw countless numbers of times, will this affect BKB?

P.S. I need to install to files... Total war - Medieval total war - medieval total war.

?

axel
01-25-2007, 23:27
Hi r johnson,
yes mate you need a clean install of MTW and VI with both update s then install your BKB mods in your MTW folder wots inside you MTW folder (total war - mtw -mtw)thats wot i done.
well mate about the xl stuff i got NTW and BKB and Fall of rome and XL and the unmodded version on my PC and all got xl stuff in it , i dont now why, but it seems to work mate i am just waithing for Age of warlords to be releasd:2thumbsup:
let me know if it works mate

r johnson
01-26-2007, 13:27
Hi r johnson,
yes mate you need a clean install of MTW and VI with both update s then install your BKB mods in your MTW folder wots inside you MTW folder (total war - mtw -mtw)thats wot i done.
well mate about the xl stuff i got NTW and BKB and Fall of rome and XL and the unmodded version on my PC and all got xl stuff in it , i dont now why, but it seems to work mate i am just waithing for Age of warlords to be releasd:2thumbsup:
let me know if it works mate

Not well, i installed bkb 2.0 to file total war - mtw - mtw. Then i installed 2.1 to tw - mtw - mtw. When i came to install 2.1 there was a fourth mtw file, should i try installing to that?

E.G tw-mtw-mtw-mtw.

Why can't mods be simply? :furious3:

What file do I install 2.0 to? What file do I install 2.1 to? and what do I need to do then?

ugly demon
01-26-2007, 19:10
I cant download the frickin mod! damn 3ddownloads keeps resetting me halfway through. is there any other link to d/l? please help.

axel
01-26-2007, 22:54
Hi r johnson
i installed the mod first in my total war -MTW directory then it didnt work so i installed again in totalwar -MTW-MTW then it workt fine mate see and read page 89,90,91, of this topic of myne (axel) you will see good explaning and screenshots mate.
that will help you i hope

r johnson
01-27-2007, 16:04
I hate news!

I took your advise and install 2.0 to tw-mtw-mtw, then 2.1 to " ". But it hasn't install the mod, I load VI and i've only got viking, early, late and high.

https://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8154/somethinghashappenedwg7.png

I fount these in startpos file, i'm happy that at least I know i'm doing something even if it's not working.

axel
01-27-2007, 16:23
Hi r johnson
I am sorry it did nt help but
i found this maybe this will help you mate :VERY IMPORTANT - Ensure that you install it directly into your 'Total War' folder. The default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into your 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in.

It is highly recommended that you do it on a fresh install as it will now unfortunately harm your current game.
but look at page 90,91 i also did have a problem installing this

r johnson
01-27-2007, 19:25
NP axel I appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I actually want your advice, if I move the `campmap` files (pic files) to another file will it install the mod de facto style?

axel
01-27-2007, 23:47
Hi
no mate dont think that will help look here on this thread of me and BKB:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=30858&page=90
you installed the patch and not the mod maybe you got the same problem i did have have a look mate it will help you really

axel
01-27-2007, 23:50
Hi r johnson
if you click on the link and scroll all the way down you see screenshots with the story it will explane you maybe better how to install the mod its page 90 and 91 let me now mate

antoniodemilich
01-30-2007, 18:07
hi i'm .i'm playing in BKB for 4 hours and i've got problem i bulit all buldings and i cant' recruit jom vikings.i play by norse in the super early.can i recruit it??in which buliding?or it's only in merchants??

01-30-2007, 23:47
I think Joms vikings are only availiable in crusades for Norway

Mooks
02-05-2007, 21:47
Just making sure. Do I need to download a official patch for VI before downloading thsi mod?

Mooks
02-05-2007, 22:00
The 2.1 patch website is broken also.

antoniodemilich
02-10-2007, 12:23
hi i've got new problem i which bulding can i recrtui varodatai (or sth which like this) when a play by byzantium

seireikhaan
03-09-2007, 05:37
Hi, trying to decide on what mod to download and I was very curious about something in the description. Where on earth do chinese fire archers appear? China's a pretty long walk away. Can anyone actually train them? Also, I noticed that there was a synogogue building. Are some of the new factions Jewish?

Kavhan Isbul
03-10-2007, 01:42
The Khazars are (or at least should be) Jewish, but since Judaism cannot be a major religion, they are Muslim for all practical purposes in the mod. However, perhaps they can build sinagogues. As for the Chinese units, I thing the Mongols might be able to train them - modders like the idea of giving Chinese and Korean units to the Horde to give its roster a little more depth.

As for your main question, I am going to say that this is a good mod. Here are the few things I like most about it - great variety of troops and factions, and a different map for each starting period - no other mod has the Khazars, or the Latin Empire. Incredible variety of buildings, including iron mines, fisheries and foresters. And finally, a lot of research went into names and for example the Bulgarian units have Bulgarian names instead of Greek or Hungarian ones - you might say that this is a minor detail, but I personally enjoy this game because of the atmosphere it recreates, and I prefer my heroes to have appropriate names. Overall, this mod is easier than XL, and a lot easier than MedMod.

03-12-2007, 13:07
Overall, this mod is easier than XL, and a lot easier than MedMod.

That probably depends on what faction you play as.

Deus ret.
03-12-2007, 17:46
I think Kavhan Isbul spoke more on general terms. Of course you're right, I once tried the Welsh in Early and found the challenge to be next to impossible, a single poor province to start out with and those mediocre troops....the English attacked me on turn 3 with a large force, game over.

What's to be noted, however, is that in the Super mod there is ample opportunity to earn money (due to some of the added buildings) while at the same time saving money (due to units not being particularly expensive to maintain). I remember playing as the English in High myself; in the developing stand-off with the French I had no less than two full stacks of quality troops in each province bordering them and yet I was still comfortably in the greens. In addition, it's somewhat easier in BKB to get a balanced and versatile army because I had the overall impression that unit rosters -among the larger powers, that is- are more balanced in terms of non-generic units than, say, they are in XL. Let alone the MedMod which has a sometimes entirely different array of units for each faction/faction group; the latter mod also has homelands to which recruitment is restricted which adds A LOT to difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, your mod is great to play and has lots of cool and unique features (those synagogues, for once, or the utilization of the forest resource), I just had the impression that it was easier to have a respected standing on the campmap than in some other mods. No quality assessment intended, period.

....which makes me want to try that Welsh campaign once again....

Kavhan Isbul
03-12-2007, 19:03
That probably depends on what faction you play as.

My point was not intended as critique of your mod, and neither was it a prasie, just an observation. I think Deus ret. has explained quite well what I meant. I would recommend the mod to anyone, it is well worth downloading and playing.

perris0707
03-21-2007, 16:20
I love this MOD. I am still playing it over Medieval 2:Total War and others. The only other MOD that I play from time to time is Chivalry Total War. I appreciate all the work you did BKB. Is there a way that a layman such as myself can do new skins for some units or modify unit icons?

Thanks!

Perris

shortlivedglory
03-27-2007, 07:29
I am thoroughly frustrated. Could somebody please help me with this. I just bought Gold Version, not realizing that the company decided to be annoying and reformat everything so that this mod would not work. I bought it specifically for the purpose of using this mod. Now I feel like I just wasted twenty dollars. I can't get the patch to work for gold. No matter what I do it gives me the bugslayer error. And even if I did get the stupid thing installed, I don't know that I would be able to use the mod even then.

:help:

Raz
03-27-2007, 09:41
Did you join the .org specifically to say that? Well, anyway, hi! ^_^
Quick answer is just - Medieval: Total War - Gold Edition comes pre-patched to 2.01, with Viking Invasion. And since I have Gold Edition, I know that the Super Mod works perfectly fine with it.

Re-Install the game, then install the mod. Should work perfectly fine. Just understand that Gold Edition is already patched to the latest version. Any other problems, just post again.

shortlivedglory
03-27-2007, 19:36
Actually, my version was not already updated. I had to do it myself, which took awhile. But I think that if I intall the mod now, it should work. I'm crossing my fingers.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-31-2007, 20:44
The 2.1 patch website is broken also.Hi holybandit,
Perhaps this link (http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.1%20Patch.exe#) could help you download 2.1. Good luck, cheers!

jrhdude
04-02-2007, 13:54
I install the mod and everything but then the game wont play... can someone help me.:help:

Thanks
JRHdude

04-02-2007, 15:19
Did you install the mod correctly mate? Did you follow the installation instructions on the first page of this thread?

Incongruous
04-03-2007, 11:56
Hey I have MTW Gold edition and for saome reason, when the camp map is loaded, it ctds's. Is this because I have GE or because I have been silly with the install somehwere?

Sonny Fabich
04-07-2007, 01:12
Greetings Blind King!
I'm a total noob on this forum (this is my first post in fact) - I heard about your great mod and am anxious to play it. Is there any chance you could zip it, or burn it to cd and send it to me? I'm in provincial Australia and downloading speed and time is definately steam age. I've been downloading for over two hours and still only have 4% so I'll still be here next month otherwise. I'll happily pay all expenses of course. Thanks, Sonny F

xerxes862
04-19-2007, 15:20
Hi everybody!

I am an experienced player in this game but unfortunately I have heard this Super mod a few days ago. I wanted to install it on my viking invasion(already installed). Now the problem is:

I have my viking invasion in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Medieval Total War
you said:
"VERY IMPORTANT - Ensure that you install it directly into YOUR 'Total War' folder. The default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into YOUR 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in."
but I havent got a 'Total War' folder. So I installed it into
C:\Program Files\Medieval Total War (where viking inv. is)
namely the mod is in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Medieval Total War\Medieval - Total War
it has no .exe file and then I clicked the VI icon. but VI has opened as if I havent been installed the mod.

1. Do I have to install it in:
C:\Program Files\Total War (but this folder does not exist, I have to create)?

OR

2. Do I have to clean and install the full game? (I mean MTW and VI)

OR

3. What else I can do what is your solution(s)?

Thanks...

04-19-2007, 15:38
Alright then mate, so inside your C:\Program Files\Medieval Total War folder, are all the foldiers and files in there, or is there another single folder first?

xerxes862
04-20-2007, 00:14
I removed the mod now and All the VI and MTW files and folders are in the
"C:\Program Files\Medieval Total War" folder.
where do I have to install the mod now?

04-20-2007, 10:31
To be on the safe side mate, I'd consider making a 'Total War' folder inside Program Files, then putting your 'Medieval - Total War' folder inside of that. Then you can install the mod into the 'Total War' folder.

xerxes862
04-20-2007, 18:51
ok. Thanks, I solved it. I changed the name of the folder to Medieval - Total War. then I installed the mod to C:/Program Files.

Thanks for the mod Blind King!

04-20-2007, 19:07
No problem mate, glad you solved it. I hope you enjoy it.

I can't believe this thread is nearly 100 pages long!

axel
04-20-2007, 22:11
Ye mate its great Mtw still lives with a lot of people:2thumbsup:

Davidian
04-22-2007, 17:39
2.1 link is down.:help:

04-22-2007, 18:14
Yeah there's been problems with that I think I might have to re-host it somewhere. I'll do it ASAP.

dimitrios the samian
04-23-2007, 00:54
Good as soon as its online I'll be getting it to ,,, cheers .

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-30-2007, 19:55
Hi BKB,
I'm sorry to say that I seem to be having problems with the installation.

I sadly seem to have M:TW Gold Edition published by SEGA, which seems to prevent the installation from working correctly. Could the fact that my M:TW folder seems to have a different file location to that of others be causing the problem. It is "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition". May I request that you inform me of where to point the installer too - unfortunately the installation, wherever I may point it at, seems to, regreattably, have no effect on the game. Thankyou very much for any help provided, cheers!

BTW, I've got it sorted now.

doctrellor
05-16-2007, 21:30
Hey, 1st post

long time player of MTW, I didn't want to start on M2TW because of all the issues I see on the forums...but I'd like to use the BKB/XL Mod on M2TW once that games bugs are fixed.

BUT, to my issue I am seeing with the BKB Mod I am trying to use...

1st, I have
MTW/VI 2.01
BKB 2.1

My strange issue

I get "Cannot Translate" which is weird for my english version I use.

The regular game in all 3 time periods works fine, but the Mod doesn't load in any of the 3 TP's, and all the factions are numbers and not named. The maps do not show, so I assume the maps are the same as the regular game maps, but I aint sure yet...

The Mod basically kicks me out if I choose a faction and shuts down.

So since BKB has solved all previous issues, I figure it's a problem on my end, so I could use some help...:)

PLEASE:help:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-17-2007, 07:19
Hi and welcome doctrellor,
Don't worry, you can play the mod! There is just a small problem with the first installer which can mess it all up for you unless you change the installation directory - this can conclude in the installation of the patch first. To fix the problem simply un-install M:TW and then re-install it. Then open up the BKB Super Mod's 2.0 Installer and follow the instructions till you get to the point asking you where you want to install the modification too. Simply change it to "C:\Program Files\Total War", click next, and let the installer work it's magic! Once it is complete, install the patch, don't change the directory this time, and away you play! Hope this helps, cheers!

doctrellor
05-17-2007, 15:56
Cool, I'll give it try.. thx

XL is a superb Mod & from the forums, so is BKB.. so this will be fun to see the differences between the 2

sephirothno12000
06-07-2007, 22:28
Can anyone send me a working link to the 2.1 patch? The one at the beginning of the thread doesn't work

sephirothno12000
06-07-2007, 22:37
Sup BKB? I have the mod (without the patch) installed but I didn't get the readme. Am I just overlooking it somewhere?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-08-2007, 19:18
Hi sephirothno12000,
Perhaps this link (http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.1%20Patch.exe#) could help you download 2.1. Good luck, cheers!

06-08-2007, 19:42
I don't believe I ever produced a read me. I have been meaning to upload the patch elsewhere; expect it to be done over the next few days, as I hope to be uploading something else also. ;)

Vielfraß
06-12-2007, 14:46
Hi everybody, I'm new here!

I installed BKB supermod yesterday and just want to ask if I did it right.
I have the german versions of MTW and VI, made a fresh installation of both, then patched it to VI 2.01 official update.
Now I have the folder Total War and inside subfolder Medieval - Total War.
As explained on first side of this thread I installed BKB 2.0 into my Total War folder, then I installed BKB patch 2.1 into my Total War/Medieval - Total War folder (I read on the forum that the patch should be installed directly to Medieval - Total War folder, not the Total War main folder).
When I started the game and wanted to play new campaign I noticed that all faction names were wrong (something like "faction#1-16"), also all the new unit names didnt show, just some "could not translate..." stuff.
I tried to start campaign, but after loading it CTD. So I checked forum and found solution, in my Loc folder I copied all files inside the ENG folder to my GER folder and now all names show up and I can start campaign without problems. My version of MTW VI BKB supermod is now 70% english and 30% german text, but no problem if the rest runs fine (didnt have much time to play yet, will play tonight).
But I still have some questions: Is it possible to start early era and play continous to late era? Or do I have to play each era for itself (because of the different provinces and factions on campmap)? And what about those deadmap coords? Am I right that I have to change the names of those folders under texture/men? So that the era I want to play is always just named "deadpage coords", and the other two named early, high or late deadpage coords? At least thats the way I understood it.
And did I forget something else, like copying some folders or portraits?
From my first look at the early campmap I was very impressed. Looks nice and interesting, all those new buildings and units, factions and provinces.
Tonight im gonna spend some hours with it, hope i dont have any CTD's or at least not so many.:beam:

06-12-2007, 17:07
Hi everybody, I'm new here!

I installed BKB supermod yesterday and just want to ask if I did it right.
I have the german versions of MTW and VI, made a fresh installation of both, then patched it to VI 2.01 official update.
Now I have the folder Total War and inside subfolder Medieval - Total War.
As explained on first side of this thread I installed BKB 2.0 into my Total War folder, then I installed BKB patch 2.1 into my Total War/Medieval - Total War folder (I read on the forum that the patch should be installed directly to Medieval - Total War folder, not the Total War main folder).
When I started the game and wanted to play new campaign I noticed that all faction names were wrong (something like "faction#1-16"), also all the new unit names didnt show, just some "could not translate..." stuff.
I tried to start campaign, but after loading it CTD. So I checked forum and found solution, in my Loc folder I copied all files inside the ENG folder to my GER folder and now all names show up and I can start campaign without problems. My version of MTW VI BKB supermod is now 70% english and 30% german text, but no problem if the rest runs fine (didnt have much time to play yet, will play tonight).
But I still have some questions: Is it possible to start early era and play continous to late era? Or do I have to play each era for itself (because of the different provinces and factions on campmap)? And what about those deadmap coords? Am I right that I have to change the names of those folders under texture/men? So that the era I want to play is always just named "deadpage coords", and the other two named early, high or late deadpage coords? At least thats the way I understood it.
And did I forget something else, like copying some folders or portraits?
From my first look at the early campmap I was very impressed. Looks nice and interesting, all those new buildings and units, factions and provinces.
Tonight im gonna spend some hours with it, hope i dont have any CTD's or at least not so many.:beam:

Hi mate I hope you are enjoying the mod. To answer your questions, each era is unique - for example, if you play Super Early, the map, factions and units exclusive to that era will remain that way in High and Late, and you will not get the unique components of Super High and Late unfortunately.

As for the Deadpage coords, you are spot on mate, that is how it is meant to be done.

And I hope you don't have too many problems either!

06-14-2007, 00:07
As requested lads, a new link to the patch:

http://www.mizus.com/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB Super Mod Version 2.1 Patch6-07.exe

You shouldn't have any problems with this, but LMK if you do.

Gimli
06-26-2007, 15:14
Hey, I don't want to be a bother, but I can download the patch through that link and I was just wondering if there was a comparable link for downloading the whole mod or if the only way to get it is still 3D downloads? (which isn't working at all for me :wall: ) Thanks!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 21:30
Hi gimli213,
May I suggest that you try this alternative link (http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/2c0bda/b/0/h/56a123bf6d4991b6/j/1202882811) for the main modification. It should, hopefully, bypass the problems you experienced at 3D Downloads and enable you to play this brilliant modification. Good luck, cheers!

BTW, your not a bother, it was a pleaure to serve you.

Gimli
06-27-2007, 14:05
Thanks for the alternate link! I will have to try it when I get home! :smash:

Frunk
07-26-2007, 04:36
Hi there all,
Just stumbled across some info for this Mod on Wikipedia, and have already uninstalled my game(s) ready for this Mod. However I have two questions;
No.1
Even though Glorius Achievements are impossible now, can they still be done at all?
No.2
Is the download on the first page EVERYTHING that I need? I want to get the full experience of this.
Cheers guys, Frunk.

Frunk
07-26-2007, 06:47
^ EDIT: "this alternative link" - The download has apparently expired? This is really confusing me.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 08:12
Hi and welcome Frunk the Guest,

Is the download on the first page EVERYTHING that I need? I want to get the full experience of this.Yep, it most certainly is! You just need to install the main package and then place the patch upon it to get the most out of this excellent modification.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer all of your queries, hope this helps, cheers!

Frunk
07-26-2007, 08:32
Yes it does, thank you very much, I've gotten it working as of a little while ago and I might say the Blind King is nothing short of a genius!
Cheers and thanks.

gregori99
07-28-2007, 21:51
I'm enjoying this mod a lot. XL is good too, but this one has more new units and more original unit images/animations. It seems to be harder as well, but that could just be me :beam:

Wladyslaw IV
07-30-2007, 02:05
YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE PERIOD'S DEADPAGE COORDS TO WORK AT A TIME. BEFORE YOU START THE GAME, GO INTO 'TEXTURES/MEN', AND WHATEVER PERIOD YOU WANT TO USE MAKE SURE ITS CALLED JUST 'DEADPAGE COORDS'. WHILST NOT IN USE, MAKE SURE THAT THE OTHER TWO PERIODS ARE FRONTED BY THEIR FIRST NAME FOR EASE, LIKE I HAVE DONE WITH HIGH AND LATE.

I definetely do not understand this part. What do you mean? Any way to make it easier?

gregori99
07-30-2007, 15:03
Er, no, not for this mod.

In the textures/men directory there is a text file called "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt". The game uses this file to place and keep dead bodies on the battlefield. It must be called this and must be consistent with the units in the unit_prod file.

As I understand it - someone please correct me if I am wrong - there is a game engine limitation to the number of entries (therefore units) in this file, but there were so many new units created for this mod that not all could be placed in one file.

There are therefore three separate unit_prod files and three separate deadpage coord files, one for each of the new campaign games, Super Early, Super High, and Super Late.

When you first install the mod you will see the relevant files in the textures/men directory, called "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt", "HIGHDEADPAGE COORDS.txt" and "LATEDEADPAGE COORDS.txt". The deadpage coords file after installation is actually the file for Early, so if you want to play an Early game you don't need to do anything. But if you want to play a High or Late game, you need to rename the current file to "EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt", then rename one of the others to "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt".

While this may seem a bit of a bother think of it this way - the fact that you need to do this reflects the sheer number of new units in the mod. Not having to do it means fewer units.

If you don't do it, the game will still run fine, you just won't get that carpet of dead enemies after a battle.

Wladyslaw IV
07-30-2007, 17:38
Er, no, not for this mod.

In the textures/men directory there is a text file called "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt". The game uses this file to place and keep dead bodies on the battlefield. It must be called this and must be consistent with the units in the unit_prod file.

As I understand it - someone please correct me if I am wrong - there is a game engine limitation to the number of entries (therefore units) in this file, but there were so many new units created for this mod that not all could be placed in one file.

There are therefore three separate unit_prod files and three separate deadpage coord files, one for each of the new campaign games, Super Early, Super High, and Super Late.

When you first install the mod you will see the relevant files in the textures/men directory, called "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt", "HIGHDEADPAGE COORDS.txt" and "LATEDEADPAGE COORDS.txt". The deadpage coords file after installation is actually the file for Early, so if you want to play an Early game you don't need to do anything. But if you want to play a High or Late game, you need to rename the current file to "EARLYDEADPAGE COORDS.txt", then rename one of the others to "DEADPAGE COORDS.txt".

While this may seem a bit of a bother think of it this way - the fact that you need to do this reflects the sheer number of new units in the mod. Not having to do it means fewer units.

If you don't do it, the game will still run fine, you just won't get that carpet of dead enemies after a battle.

Ok, cool I'll try it. Thanks.

And also it says install into your total war folder - but I have original MTW and about 3 mods in there. What do I do?

And one last question (hopefully) - How do you procede to another era with 3 seperate maps? Does the game just end?

And note that the 2.1 patch goes into Total War/Medieval - Total War, not the same directory as 2.0 final, which is your main Total War directory.

Kara Kolyo
08-09-2007, 19:57
Haven't played this mod for a while, but now i can get the patch Yay!!! thanks BKB!
Quick question - what buildings/provinces i need to be able to train vardariotai as byzantines? Have checked the crusader units file but couldn't find their entry... Untill now i played withouth the patch and maybe this is the problem? Thanks

TheLastJanissary
08-09-2007, 20:29
They're listed as Early Varangian Guard in the Crusader files. I've modified mine a lot, so I'm not sure if mine matches BKB's default reqs. I have them set at Axesmith2 and no province restrictions. But you can find it in the Crusader file if you search for above name.

gregori99
08-09-2007, 21:45
Early Varangian Guard is limited to Constantinople but the Buildings Required field is blank. I'm not altogether sure what this means in this case. Usually I would assume the unit couldn't be built, but might appear in other ways - like a crusade for Catholics or as a rebel or mercenary unit. Mercenary unit is set to No in this case and the Rebels column is also blank.

So...I don't know :embarassed:

But, as TheLastJanissary has mentioned, you can stick something in column 17 and Axesmith's Workshop (Axesmith2) seems reasonable.

This isn't one of BKB's modded units so must have been in the vanilla game, but I can't for the life of me remember if it ever appeared.

TheLastJanissary
08-10-2007, 07:46
Question for BKB or another experienced modder. I want to change the portrait of the starting Almoravid leader to one of the black dude portraits as I have converted the Almoravid's into the Kanuri, an African tribe. I don't want their starting leader to have an entirely arab portrait, so I'd like to use one of the darker skinned ones. I've searched through various threads, but can't for the life of me find a way to change the starting leaders portrait. What files do I need to change? SuperEarly startpos and Early Heroes? I've tried a lot in these and changed his name, but can't get the portrait to switch. Can anyone help out?

gregori99
08-10-2007, 12:20
In the Names/Early Heroes file portraits are set to -1 (random). Maybe you can change the entry for the appropriate king to something else (1 say) and amend the first portrait in the relvant portraits subdirectory to the one you want (assuming it chooses the portrait by sequential searchng, in which case it might need to be set to 0).

This is all just a guess mind, it might be complete rubbish...

08-10-2007, 19:57
You can designate Portraits in the startpos file, in there you can override the portraits so the Almoravids use whatever folder in 'Portraits' you wish.

Now, the esteemed gregori99 has produced something rather brilliant and infinitely useful, and he did it all of his own volition too, the long-awaited BKB Super Mod Unit Guide!

Yes, that's right, finally someone has created someone that enables you to see what the new units are, what factions can train them, their stats and descriptions, without seeking aimlessly through the game for them! Its something that I've wanted for a while but only we must thank gregori for having the patience and skill to see it through. He really has done a brilliant job. You can download it here:

Gregori99's BKB Super Mod Unit Guide (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB_Super_Mod_-_New_Unit_Guide.rar)

Extract the files, then you can open up the pages and navigate through them freely. Once again, all credit must go to gregori for this.

I believe all the units are there. I noticed that for one or two units Gregori went on their UNIT_PROD entries, which sometimes are different to their in-game names, so for example Croatian Urban Militia are called Rus Infantry, as that's what they were originally going to be. Such mistakes though are minor and rare throughout.

TheLastJanissary
08-11-2007, 02:17
In the Names/Early Heroes file portraits are set to -1 (random). Maybe you can change the entry for the appropriate king to something else (1 say) and amend the first portrait in the relvant portraits subdirectory to the one you want (assuming it chooses the portrait by sequential searchng, in which case it might need to be set to 0).

This is all just a guess mind, it might be complete rubbish...

I went to early heroes and changed the -1 and every other number too, but the portrait wouldn't change. His name however did, to Ismail and to Yusuf later on. The first number will change his name, but the spot designated for the portrait number will not change the portrait when I change the number. It might be a question of subdirectories, but I figure it should change it to something else, even if it's not what I want, when I change the number. Yet it always stays the same.

I don't want to change the entire portrait set for the Almoravids, because I like the one they have. I just want their starting King to have a black portrait. I've tried making new famous kings and shuffling every number around under the Almoravid famous kings section in Early heroes, but I get no changes. I'm assuming then, that they don't start with a famous king, but when I change the first number of SetStartLeader in Super Early startpos (which is suppose to coordinate with which famous king they start with) nothing changes. I'm baffled.

gregori99
08-11-2007, 11:22
I believe all the units are there. I noticed that for one or two units Gregori went on their UNIT_PROD entries, which sometimes are different to their in-game names, so for example Croatian Urban Militia are called Rus Infantry, as that's what they were originally going to be. Such mistakes though are minor and rare throughout.

It never occurred to me to check the Names file to see if label=name even though my Skutatos have rampaged all over the map and I called them Byzantine Spearmen :wall: I had it loaded in the editor as well!

I'll adjust all those when (if) I get any feedback on any other errors.

gregori99
08-11-2007, 12:14
I went to early heroes and changed the -1 and every other number too, but the portrait wouldn't change. His name however did, to Ismail and to Yusuf later on. The first number will change his name, but the spot designated for the portrait number will not change the portrait when I change the number. It might be a question of subdirectories, but I figure it should change it to something else, even if it's not what I want, when I change the number. Yet it always stays the same.

I don't want to change the entire portrait set for the Almoravids, because I like the one they have. I just want their starting King to have a black portrait. I've tried making new famous kings and shuffling every number around under the Almoravid famous kings section in Early heroes, but I get no changes. I'm assuming then, that they don't start with a famous king, but when I change the first number of SetStartLeader in Super Early startpos (which is suppose to coordinate with which famous king they start with) nothing changes. I'm baffled.

OK I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try. For whatever reason the Almoravid starting portrait is always the same. It is King68.tga in the muslim/king subdirectory. Maybe it's hard-coded. Change the name of this to the next in the list and add your new portrait to the subdirectory and give it the name King68.tga. If there's a limit to the number of files here the old portrait (or another) will have to be deleted. This workaround (if it does work) will mean you don't have to change any other file.

TheLastJanissary
08-11-2007, 20:28
OK I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try. For whatever reason the Almoravid starting portrait is always the same. It is King68.tga in the muslim/king subdirectory. Maybe it's hard-coded. Change the name of this to the next in the list and add your new portrait to the subdirectory and give it the name King68.tga. If there's a limit to the number of files here the old portrait (or another) will have to be deleted. This workaround (if it does work) will mean you don't have to change any other file.

Sweet. I browsed through all of the Muslim King portraits until I found the culprit. It was King108 on mine for whatever reason. In the process, I found a portrait I liked, King137, and I simply switched their numbers. It worked. Thanks for all the help gregori!

gregori99
08-12-2007, 01:07
Great! Why you get a different portrait to me is strange, but if this works for you I can't be bothered to track it down any further. Still these peculiarities are a good way to learn the files.

TheLastJanissary
08-12-2007, 05:05
Well, when I first installed BKB Mod, the portrait for every King changed each time I closed the game and opened it later to play. After about 4 times of this, it settled on portraits for each King.

I did this again with a couple other Kings (changing their portrait with above method) and it worked with them too. The portraits being used by the Celtic faction Kings were all in the generals folder (vikings/catholic/generals) instead of Kings which I also found odd. But I changed them to more preferable ones and it worked with a simple number switch. Perhaps the mod installed in a peculiar fashion, but everything works fine and there are no other irregularities, so I don't really care.

CosTan
08-20-2007, 16:39
I am having a problem with the Mod/Patch. I recently reinstalled Medieval: Total War and I downloaded the Mod and the Patch and installed them. Now when I click on Super Early and click continue, Medieval: Total War just exits and shuts down. I've tried reinstalling the mod but it still isn't working for me. Do you guys have any idea as to what could be wrong?

CosTan
08-22-2007, 15:30
Anyone?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
08-22-2007, 19:01
Hi CosTan,
Sadly, the main game did not install properly - you seem to only be running the patch. This unfortunate event occurs due to a bug which is contained within the installation application.

To get BKB's mod up and running, uninstall the game and then re-install it.

After that, ensure that you have deleted the contents of "C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War". This prevents any unlikely conflicts that may arise.

Next run the installer for version 2.0. Continue as normal until it queries where you wish to place the files. Order them to install into "C:\Program Files\Total War".

Click next, and allow the installer to work it's magic.

Once it has completed, open up M:TW to ensure that everything is in full working order. If there are any problems, please post them up so that we can attempt to help you again.

If everything is operating as it should, simply install the patch into the default folder. Afterwards, load up the game and, if the installation worked, you should be able to play away!

Hope this helps, sorry about the long response time, good luck, cheers!

CosTan
08-22-2007, 22:36
Thanks for the help. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

CosTan
08-23-2007, 00:03
Damn, can't edit the post. Does it matter than I also have Viking Invasion also installed?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
08-23-2007, 08:02
Damn, can't edit the post. Does it matter than I also have Viking Invasion also installed?Nope, the mod actually requires VI installed to operate correctly.