PDA

View Full Version : BKB Super Mod

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

stalhandske
09-16-2004, 19:56
Thanks and one more BKB,i am playing super early now with Valencians and have conquered Morocco.I got port in Morocco and waters are not blocked and full of my barques but i cant move my troops from Morocco to homelands.I can move troops TO Morocco and emisssaries etc moves normally. Bug?

Duke Dick
09-16-2004, 20:44
Is from say morocco to seville or from sea to valencia itself?

BKB when are you releasing the final release? Any hints on units for instance :juggle2:

King Azzole
09-16-2004, 20:52
I just hope we dont get any more purple african guys :laugh4: I kinda like the color of the other ones you added like the nubian javalin men (or was that an original VI release?) Either way those African Warriors look like they are all bruised. LOL :tomato:

Jim Boyd
09-17-2004, 05:50
Bug Report: I just watched a Welsh army cross from Wessex to Normandy without having any ships in the Channel, while I had ships there. Is there a land bridge in this mod?

The Blind King of Bohemia
09-17-2004, 12:09
There is a land bridge from wessex to Normandy

DeadRunner
09-18-2004, 01:31
when the new version is out m8 ??

Steppe Merc
09-18-2004, 15:21
Eventauly. Patience is a virtue... or so I'm told.

DeadRunner
09-18-2004, 15:43
Eventauly. Patience is a virtue... or so I'm told.
to me they told the same thing m8

Bkb will you put major changes in the factions ??

09-18-2004, 20:52
Under two weeks I'd say.

Depends what you mean by major changes....some will get new territory, many new units and their strength/weaknesses will be assessed. So I'd probably say yes there will be.

King Azzole
09-19-2004, 16:09
This mod has ALWAYS had major changes... :inquisitive: Doncha read threads before you post in them? ~D

DeadRunner
09-19-2004, 17:20
This mod has ALWAYS had major changes... :inquisitive: Doncha read threads before you post in them? ~D

That happens because Bkb like to put is fans in happy mode.

and is a side of a great modder always put somothing new in his patches.

:knight: :knight: Long LIVE to BKB SUPERMOD

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Meneldil
09-19-2004, 17:48
And the nicest thing is that as soon as final BKB TW is released, he'll have to work on eastern promise for RTW ~:joker:

09-19-2004, 18:15
Lets get this out first eh? ~D

I will review the Eastern Promise situation when MTW2 is actually confirmed (or whatever direction CA takes) - if that game encompasses the contents of Eastern Promise, we'll seriously have to evaluate things. :no:

william the bastard
09-19-2004, 18:33
I hope you will release this mod one day. don't mind about the content of a "maybe" MTW2. By the way CA or others game's companies create unfinished games and with the passion of the community of modders we shall have fun an play for a long time~:cheers: ~:grouphug:

Steppe Merc
09-19-2004, 22:29
I think we first have to wory about modding RTW as it is without having to mod a whole new timeperiod. :dizzy2:

09-19-2004, 22:43
Definetly. I will release a small mods with a few new units and factions when rome comes out but i'm not rushing into a big project right away, i think my eyes would burn from another hundred hours of modding :surrender: :laugh4:

Steppe Merc
09-19-2004, 22:52
Definetly. I will release a small mods with a few new units and factions when rome comes out but i'm not rushing into a big project right away, i think my eyes would burn from another hundred hours of modding
Yeah, we don't want you to go blind. :book: ~D

DeadRunner
09-21-2004, 03:14
wich faction that will have new units ???

and m8 you will make changes in the faction that are only one era ???

09-21-2004, 11:10
The factions you know will remain the same in each era - I am quite happy with that. As forementioned, they will get new provinces however in some cases.

As for units, now ALL 47 factions in the game has at LEAST 1 exclusive unit, with about 42 having 2 or more. I consider this to be one of my greatest achievements, and it should provide a greater incentive to choose one faction over another.

Factions with new units? English, French, Irish, HRE, Armenians, Novgorod, Golden Horde, Ilkhanate, Navaresse, Valencians, Polish, Hungarians, Danish, Norwegians, Crusaders, Spanish, Almoravids, Turks, Serbians, Khazars, Papacy and more besides, plus regional units and shared ones. There will be 30 new units in all, and they are now finished. I'm adding buildings, heroes and tinkering the game at the minute.

DeadRunner
09-21-2004, 12:45
Awesome m8.

(i hope that Portuguses faction is one of the 42 and receive more territories) ~:) ~:)

how by the way i play with several faction and there is not much crusades against muslim;pagan ;ortodotx factions.
What they do plenty is crusades gainst the faction that was excomu

Meneldil
09-23-2004, 21:54
/me wants his brand new BKB's mod :wall:

Could anyone try to steal BKB's RTW, so he doesn't play it before releasing the final version of his mod ~D

Please, at least, could you give us any clue about the awesomly great surprise, even if it doesn't work in game ?

And yeah, I'm self centered :charge:

09-24-2004, 00:51
I just wanna get Rome before anyone even considers stealing it. ~;p

I'm working flat out at the moment, balancing units, fixing bugs and so forth. The surprise? I'm kind of glad I never told you - it doesn't look like it'll come to fruition. It wouldn't have been hard, just immense work, and I fancy a break and a progression to Rome.

Don't worry though - I'll compensate this in some way by integrating an important aspect of the proposed 'surprise' in with the final release.

playboytaxi
09-25-2004, 00:16
Hi

I just download the super mod. I play some turns and looks good with these new units. I think better models can be made so the diferense with the originals not be visible. I think i can try to make some units or paintings if somebody tell me how to extract the 3D models or pictures.

http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/index.html

Meneldil
09-27-2004, 18:51
What about the latest release date ? ~D

william the bastard
09-27-2004, 21:10
wait and see :laugh4:

Meneldil
09-27-2004, 21:32
Well, seriously, rather than annoying you with this question, I'd like to know if I could use some of your pics for the FotN mod.
I think some of your baltic, scandinavian and english/french units are really nice and could be used in the mod.

William, the thing is that I don't want to start a new game with a faction, to get the last version, and to think "wow, the faction I was playing with now have 2 more awesome units, and a new province, I'll have to play with them again" ~D

09-27-2004, 21:45
Being back at Uni has certainly made it hard to finalise things but I want to make sure I get everything right before I release it.

Meneldil, once I've released the final version I'm sure that would be okay, as long as you credit me for it. ~D

william the bastard
09-28-2004, 18:10
Sure Meneldil ! on my own I can't wait so more for a game with Artois :laugh4:

Belisarivs
09-29-2004, 14:46
BKB, I've spotted, that you didn't include gameend I made for you. I'm OK, but players might not. I don't have backups BTW.

Belisarivs
09-29-2004, 14:48
BKB, I've spotted, that you didn't include gameend I made for you. I'm OK, but players might not. I don't have backups BTW.
I miss that option to edit own posts. You know that I made more than one pic. I thought it correctly, but didn't write it so.

09-29-2004, 16:39
I did didn't I? You must have sent me about 10 all together, and I thought I included all of them! Are you sure you've checked properly? Please don't be insulted if I haven't - I love them, still have them and was kind of hoping you'd make more for the final release! (Also, can you sent me that loading screen you made? I'd like to see it.

Belisarivs
09-30-2004, 10:32
Hi.
I used readbif to look at the Gameends, I'll check it again, everyone makes mistakes. I don't feel insulted at all. Just wanted to inform you.
Didn't I send you that loading screen? I Thought I did. But there is possibility, that you didn't get it delivered, because of lack of free space. I'll try it again.
I tried to send you my addon to MedMod 3.14, it has 1,3 MB, so I splitted it to two parts, but was unable to send you second part (first part is in your alternate address).
Could you make another mailbox elsewhere than in hotmail, please? I would advise www.post.cz. It's Czech, but there is switch to English language. End it's limits? 15 MB mailbox and 1,5 MB size of e-mail.
Whatever option do you choose, keep in mind, that it will make my (and also your) life easier as there won't be any confusion caused by delivered and undelivered mails.
Bye.
:drummer:
:rifle:

09-30-2004, 11:04
Try this:

kyle.sinclair@gmail.com

Meneldil
10-01-2004, 18:04
Hmm
Right now, a screenshot or any news would be welcome. I don't have RTW yet, and I have no idea what to do except waiting for a good game :dizzy2:

10-01-2004, 18:11
I could put up screenshots if people like. Won't be long now though, and I feel the new units are some of my best yet.

Meneldil
10-01-2004, 18:32
/me can't wait ~:cheers:

DeadRunner
10-02-2004, 02:08
I could put up screenshots if people like. Won't be long now though, and I feel the new units are some of my best yet.
put screens of final release now =P
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

playboytaxi
10-02-2004, 03:54
Do you guys think its good idea to add the weapons of the unit to the info pic?http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/images/111mtwbhc.jpg

playboytaxi
10-02-2004, 04:05
Can you change the map of Balkans something like this and add Bulgarians to the Early period?http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/images/kartabalkan.jpg

bbcrackmonkey
10-03-2004, 00:06
BKB, there seems to be a bug associated with Grenada. Whenever I play as the Almohads on Super High and right click on it to raise the taxes the game crashes.

playboytaxi
10-03-2004, 04:33
Bulgarian Infantry need to be changed.
http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/images/mtwbulginfantry.jpg

playboytaxi
10-03-2004, 05:52
When Bulgarians come to the Balkans in 681 AD ,they dont have any infantry.Bulgarian army was only horseman-horse archers armed with composite bow,javelin and sable,and heavy cavalry.Their first infantry units was the Slavs allys.Bulgarian infantry in the early ,high and late period was using similar to the Bisantines equipment,but was more disciplined and with better moral. If somebody like these info pictures i can send it to him.They dont looks very good here, but in the game they are just fine.
http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/images/bulghorsear4er.jpg

Meneldil
10-03-2004, 09:56
Errr man, I think you miss a point here.

Let me guess, you are from bulgaria , right ?
Okay, I'm from France, and though it would be cool IMO to have more provinces and units in France or for the french faction, I know BKB might not have enough time to do it, or might also be restricted by the game limitations.
Sure as hell, he could add new provinces like Calais, Maine, Vendée, etc. and a bunch of french only units. He could do the same thing for almost every faction, but heh, that would just be silly.

10-03-2004, 12:35
BKB, there seems to be a bug associated with Grenada. Whenever I play as the Almohads on Super High and right click on it to raise the taxes the game crashes

I got it. Fixed it last week.

PlayboyTaxi, I'm afraid I am limited regarding factions and provinces like Meneldil said. I'm just concerned with tinkering and balancing at the minute, and cleaning up some things. I could make a generic Balkan Horse Archer if people want, but there isn't much space left now!

If anyone feels like helping in anyway, I haven't done princess names yet for the new factions. If people feel like gathering 10 for each new set of names (PlayBoy, Bulgarians?) then I'd really appreciate it.

Meneldil
10-03-2004, 13:09
Do you need burgundian names ?

10-03-2004, 13:40
I believe they just use French names, so I'm not sure if its worth doing in the long run. Thanks for the offer though.

Meneldil
10-03-2004, 13:54
Yeah, they use french names ~D

Anyway, what are the factions you need help for princesses' names

Draknar
10-03-2004, 14:55
Bkb,

10-03-2004, 15:53
Yes Draknar? ~D

Meneldil, all the new ones basically.

Meneldil
10-03-2004, 16:33
except the Brugundian :-p

Draknar
10-03-2004, 17:28
Bkb, sorry Hit enter. Anyways was wondering if you call make some changes to some files.
1. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" change Marshals Palace to Castle13 which is a Fortress. Why it's Castle12 I have no ideal :dizzy2: which is Citadel w/Demi-Culverin Towers.
2. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" change College of surgeons to you added pagan to line but pagan can't build this due to a requirement on university or grand mosque maybe add {CASTLE13,PAGON_SHRINE1} that should work.
3. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" change Pagon shrine to Castle4 which is Keep. Don't edit Viking PROD13 Just the modded.
4. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" Axesmith are off by one too, Castle4, Castle7, Castle10, Castle13 like swordsmith are right.
5. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" Law courts maybe spacing is off but I would guess it ck this out. If you wanted increase Loyality Bonus, Faith Inc ??, Happy Bonus or Mercenary Bonus. I would do Loyality bonus and Happy Bonus but Neg Mercenary Bonus. More Law Less Merc's. If you want more Mercenary add INN2 +40 for merc. bonus and maybe neg Happy Bonus. But I love Law courts for Byzantine and English perfect fit.
6. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" New brothel add the last brothel4 in from Viking all pic's are there and desc (maybe change the name never did like that cunny warren but like what it did and pic). Here you go "3 NEW_BROTHEL "Brothel1,Brothel2,Brothel3,Brothel4" AGENT_PRODUCER "800,900,1000,1100" "6,6,6,6" "{CASTLE7,NEW_TAVERN},{CASTLE10,NEW_BROTHEL},{CASTLE13,NEW_BROTHEL2},{CASTLE13,NEW_BROTHEL3,NEW_TAVER N3}" "Office Level 1,Office Level 2,Office Level 3,Office Level 4" I skip some stuff here {NEW_TAVERN(100)},{NEW_TAVERN2(100)},{NEW_TAVERN3(100)}" NO "{},{UPGRADE_VALOUR(1)},{UPGRADE_VALOUR(2)},{UPGRADE_VALOUR(3)}" "2,3,4,5" "10,10,10,10"
7. File: All "MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT" Merchants now need a Port to be built; it keeps the computer build one on land where there is no water. (makes a big change to AI)
8. File: PROJECTILESTATS.TXT Change the range on Shortbow and Mountlongbow should be differ ranges 5500 and 6250.
9. File: PROJECTILESTATS.TXT change all bows, ninjastar, grenade to "y" tryhigh so they will shoot over things in the way.
10. File: PROJECTILESTATS.TXT increase the range on heavy spear around 2000. grenade to 1500.
11. Less on Long Bow range or maybe change accuracy if subject has been talk to death. :dizzy2:
12. Scots, greece ports are wrong but I see somebody already said somthing about this.
13. I was playing Scots some names were "unable to understand" message I was unable find error there.
14. File: DESCRIPTIONS.TXT Siculo-MuslimArcher_desc and VlachAuxillaries_desc are missing closing quote "} at the end that's why you get understand message on them.
15. File: Names.txt ["Bilbao""] {"Bilbao"} as two many quotes on it. Throws off whole file.
16. File: Super Early.txt Knock down some buildings place in each country.
ex (ID_CONSTANTINOPLE Law_courts4) you don't get pleasure building these when they are already standing. and to spend some of money you have. (ID_NORTH_UMBRIA Armourer), (ID_POLAND Forester2) just to name few.
17. :balloon2: :balloon2: File Super Early.txt or any era. Fewer Troops Cost too much for some counties if you need to make them hard to be beat just add valour to them for example:
MakeUnit:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE VarangianGuard 60 60
this adds valour to unit and does not add huge support cost if you had two. Which Changes the Game Huge If you think about it. Have no money early really hurts alot which takes decades to getout. like scots and smaller countries. You have more control on what you want to build. ~D Just ideal that I don't see used in mod much.
18. File Super Early.txt or any era. Add more spies to MakeUnit and pagan units to start with.
19. Era Desription are messed up. Just add to end to Change.txt file.

Just by looking at; what's been changed in the files what great effort you put forth. You made no, changed Medieval War into better game. I thank you. ~:cheers: From someone who's computer is unable to load/run Rome.

If anyone has a question just E-mail me. draknarmn"remove this"@yahoo.com

Meneldil
10-03-2004, 21:33
I have some names for the Crusader States, though they could use French names aswell :

http://i-cias.com/e.o/crusades_01.htm

Isabelle
Yolande
Melisende

Armenia :

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Kingdom%20of%20Armenia

Zabel/Isabella
Charlotte
Kyranna
Sybille
Rita
Alice
Marie
Helena
Charlotte
Soldane

Navarre :

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Kings%20of%20Navarre%20family%20tree

Andregoto
Ximena
Uracca
Constance
Munia
Marguerite
Iolanda
Maria
Isabella
Blanche

Lithuania :

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20Lithuanian%20rulers

Martha
Jadwiga
Bona
Ludwika

I think Lithuanians could use Polish names, since they became a single KD a few years after the beginning of the late periode (if I remember exactly)

Wallachia :

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20Wallachian%20rulers

Calinica

That's all I found so far for the wallachian, will have a look at it later.

cegorach
10-04-2004, 16:29
@playboytaxi

You are from Bulgaria, aren't you ?
If you are interested in providing some info for XVI-XVII mod ( P&M TW)
I need answers to the following questions: were there any notable rebellions against the Ottomans between 1480-1700.
Maybe you could propose something for rebel heroes for our mod ( somebody from Bulgaria) or anything else.
I'm also from Eastern Europe ( Poland) and I do really care more for eastern factions than usually ( no offence BKB ;)).

@Meneldil

God, you are from France m8 !
If you could help in creating our mod it would be great - I mean unit/heroes/office names.
I'm using the names in national languages and it would be strange if we didn't get such for France - we have even Georgian and Tatar names, even if these are really hard to pronounce.
If you are interested please contact us in the 'XVI-XVII' thread.

@BKB

Sorry for using your thread for this little announcement.
BTW - do you like the idea for warwagons ? Now it was changed a little.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman ~;)

Meneldil
10-04-2004, 18:11
Not that I don't want to help, but i don't know anything about France during the timeframe of your mod.
I'll see what I can do anyway.

10-04-2004, 18:22
@BKB

Sorry for using your thread for this little announcement.
BTW - do you like the idea for warwagons ? Now it was changed a little.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

No problem. I really like your War Wagons but unfortunately have ran out of BIF space. :bomb:

Meneldil
10-04-2004, 18:32
/me whistles

Release date ?

/me whistles again

ETA ?

/me whistles once more

Screenshot ?

~D ~;p

DeadRunner
10-04-2004, 23:37
BkB when the final version is released ??

cegorach
10-05-2004, 14:22
BKB I will add a list of Polish names - I didn't create it, but I really believe that EC would like to see it in a MTW mod.
I couldn't contact him in any way, but it is all my risk.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

POLISH NAMES

TIMELINE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
name ruled dynasty name date of birth
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wladyslaw I Herman 1079 to 1102 AD Piast 1043
Boleslaw III, Wrymouth 1102 to 1138 AD Piast 1085
Wladyslaw II, the Exile 1138 to 1146 AD Piast 1105
Boleslaw IV, the Curly 1146 to 1173 AD Piast 1125
Mieszko III, the Elder 1173 to 1177 AD Piast 1126
Kazimierz II, the Just 1177 to 1194 AD Piast 1138
Leszek I, the White 1194 to 1199 AD Piast 1186
Mieszko III, the Elder 1199 to 1202 AD Piast 1126
Wladyslaw III, Spindleshanks 1202 AD Piast 1167
Leszek I, the White 1202 to 1227 AD Piast 1186
Henryk I, the Bearded 1228 to 1229 AD Piast 1163
Konrad of Mazovia 1229 to 1232 AD Piast 1187
Henryk I, the Bearded 1232 to 1238 AD Piast 1163
Henryk II, the Pious 1238 to 1241 AD Piast 1192
Konrad of Mazovia 1241 to 1243 AD Piast 1187
Boleslaw V, the Chaste 1243 to 1279 AD Piast 1226
Leszek II, the Black 1279 to 1288 AD Piast 1242
Henryk IV, Probus 1288 to 1290 AD Piast 1257
Przemysl II 1290 to 1291 AD Przemyslid 1257
Przemysl II 1295 to 1296 AD Przemyslid 1257
Waclaw II 1300 to 1305 AD Przemyslid 1271
Waclaw III 1305 to 1306 AD Przemyslid 1289
Wladyslaw I, the Short 1306 to 1333 AD Piast 1260
Kazimierz III, the Great 1333 to 1370 AD Piast 1310
Louis, the Great 1370 to 1382 AD Andegaven 1326
Jadwiga 1383 to 1399 AD Andegaven 1374
Wladyslav II Jagiello 1386 to 1434 AD Jagiellon 1351
Wladyslav III 1434 to 1444 AD Jagiellon 1424
Kazimierz IV 1446 to 1492 AD Jagiellon 1427

ERA king
----------------------------
1087 Wladyslaw (I Herman) /born 1043
1205 Leszek I (Bialy) /born 1186
1321 Wladyslaw I (Lokietek) /born 1260 (a famous king, look at the bottom
of this document)

// polish forenames
// ------------------

Mieszko *
Boleslaw *
Wladyslaw *
Kazimierz *
Henryk *
Konrad *
Leszek *
Jan *
Aleksander *
Stefan *

Lambert
Zbigniew
Ziemowit
Ziemomysl
Dytryk
Bezprym
Otton
Albert
Odon
Chrociszko
Marcin
Michal
Damian
Jaromir
Florian
Iwo
Spytko
Mateusz
Roch
Lech
Wojciech
Zygmunt
Przemyslaw
Troiden
Janusz
Macko
Zbyszko
Powala
Zyndram
Zawisza
Kazko
Jaksa
Boguslaw
Sobislaw
Gromoslaw
Andrzej
Msciwoi
Stanislaw
Warcislaw
Wilk
Ratibor
Barnim
Joachim
Jurand
Kasper
Mikolaj
Pawel
Piotr
Szymon
Kosma
Chwalimir
Bronisad
Krystyn
Niebor
Przebor
Radoslaw
Pakoslaw
Miroslaw
Brzeslaw
Przemko
Slawko

* - king/prince name

// polish surnames
// -----------------

Piast ***
Slaski *
Malopolski *
Kujawski *
Wielkopolski *
Sandomierski *
Mazowiecki *
Debno *
Nalecz *
Wieniawa *
Herman *
Sulima *
Janina *
Habdank *
Leliwa *
Bojcza *
Dabrowa *
Gryf *
Orlicki *
Grycki *
Czerski *
Sochaczew *
Odrowaz *
Wykowski *
Powala *
Radzic *
z Leczycy *
Ciechanowski *
Sieradzki *
z Glogowa *
z Legnicy *
Liwski *
z Dobrzyna *
z Wislicy *
Radomski *
Rawski *
z Nakla *
ze Zbaszyna *
z Trzebnicy *
z Miechowa *
z Sulejowa *
z Grabowa *

Wierzynek
Sumik
Okwia
Lisow
Sasin
Zapolya
Adamczyk
Buczak
Czajka
Dudzik
Kazczyk
Krawczyk
Kulwiec
Majtyka
Marosz
Miazga
Niemoj
Wlostowic
Ogitzak
Penc
Pieritz
Petratz
Plast
Psotka
Pyrzyce
Rzegotka
Stawecki
Malewicz
Stasiak
Puch
Turek
Wallach
Wojno
Wos
Zacharek
Zdeb
Zuraw
Wozniak

*** - dynasty name
* - noble name

// princesses
// ----------

Salomea
Anna
Maria
Dobronega
Judyta
Agnieszka
Ryksa
Gertruda
Adelajda
Matylda
Elzbieta
Anastazja
Helena
Lucja
Ludmila
Eufrozyna
Zofia
Konstancja
Jadwiga
Barbara

// famous individuals
// ------------------

// type general
// name Piotr Wlostowic
// date of birth 1097
// command ***
// dread *
// piety *******
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V zealot
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Gall Anonim
// date of birth 1098
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ******
// loyalty ****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Henryk Kietlicz
// date of birth 1179
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ****
// loyalty **
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Wincenty Kadlubek
// date of birth 1185
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Henryk Pobozny
// date of birth 1219
// command ***
// dread *
// piety ******
// acumen ***
// loyalty ******
// V&V trully pious
// region Silesia

// type general
// name Konrad Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1224
// command ****
// dread ***
// piety ****
// acumen **
// loyalty *****
// V&V weak deffender
// region Mazovia

// type general
// name Klemens z Ruszczy
// date of birth 1232
// command ***
// dread **
// piety *****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V famously brave
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Jakub Swinka
// date of birth 1263
// command ***
// dread ***
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty ***
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Albert Krakowski
// date of birth 1291
// command ***
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty *
// V&V blackmailer
// region Poland

// type general
// name Jerzy Boleslaw Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1305
// command ***
// dread *
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V loyal
// region Ruthenia

// type emissary
// name Mikolaj Wierzynek
// date of birth 1344
// command ****
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Andrzej z Wislicy
// date of birth 1347
// command **
// dread **
// piety **
// acumen **
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Janko z Czarnkowa
// date of birth 1354
// command **
// dread *
// piety ******
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V clever with words
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zyndram z Maszkowic
// date of birth 1364
// command ******
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V charismatic
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zawisza Czarny z Grabowa
// date of birth 1370
// command ***
// dread *****
// piety *****
// acumen *****
// loyalty *******
// V&V brave beyond belief
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Florian z Korytnicy
// date of birth 1377
// command **
// dread ***
// piety *****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *******
// V&V expert deffender
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Powala z Taczewa
// date of birth 1382
// command ****
// dread *******
// piety *****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *******
// V&V mighty warrior
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Jan Sarnowski
// date of birth 1387
// command ***
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V gentle knight
// region Bohemia

// type general
// name Janusz Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1388
// command ***
// dread ***
// piety *****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *****
// V&V secret pride
// region Mazovia

// type cardinal
// name Zbiniew Olesnicki
// date of birth 1389
// command **
// dread **
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zygmunt Korybutowicz
// date of birth 1389
// command **
// dread ******
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty ******
// V&V skilled deffender
// region Lithuania

// type general
// name Marcin z Wrocimowic
// date of birth 1390
// command ***
// dread ******
// piety ****
// acumen **
// loyalty ******
// V&V mighty warrior
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Stanislaw za Skarbimierza
// date of birth 1392
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type cardinal
// name Mikolaj Traba
// date of birth 1393
// command ***
// dread **
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region Poland

// type emissary
// name Pawel Wlodkowic
// date of birth 1394
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Spytko z Melsztyna
// date of birth 1419
// command ****
// dread ******
// piety *
// acumen *****
// loyalty *
// V&V blackmailer
// region Poland

// type general
// name Wladyslaw Warnenczyk
// date of birth 1424
// command ****
// dread **
// piety ******
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V educated
// region Bulgaria

// famous kings
// ------------

// type king/prince
// name Boleslaw (Krzywousty ~ Wrymouth)
// date of birth 1085
// command *****
// dread *******
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty //
// V&V merciless
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Wladyslaw I (Lokietek ~ The Short)
// date of birth 1260
// command ****
// dread *****
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty //
// V&V legendary leader
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Kazimierz (Wielki ~ The Great)
// date of birth 1310
// command ***
// dread *
// piety *****
// acumen ******
// loyalty //
// V&V deep thinker
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Wladyslaw II (Jagiello)
// date of birth 1351
// command ******
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty //
// V&V hesitant
// region //

Regards,
EC "

10-05-2004, 14:24
Thanks a lot! I can't promise I'll re-do the Polish names but those heroes sure look good.

I don't want to speculate at a final release right now. Rome is grabbing my attention but I plan to get this done very soon.

Belisarivs
10-06-2004, 08:51
BKB I will add a list of Polish names - I didn't create it, but I really believe that EC would like to see it in a MTW mod.
I couldn't contact him in any way, but it is all my risk.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

POLISH NAMES

TIMELINE
name ruled dynasty name date of birth
Wladyslaw I Herman 1079 to 1102 AD Piast 1043
Boleslaw III, Wrymouth 1102 to 1138 AD Piast 1085
Wladyslaw II, the Exile 1138 to 1146 AD Piast 1105
Boleslaw IV, the Curly 1146 to 1173 AD Piast 1125
Mieszko III, the Elder 1173 to 1177 AD Piast 1126
Kazimierz II, the Just 1177 to 1194 AD Piast 1138
Leszek I, the White 1194 to 1199 AD Piast 1186
Mieszko III, the Elder 1199 to 1202 AD Piast 1126
Wladyslaw III, Spindleshanks 1202 AD Piast 1167
Leszek I, the White 1202 to 1227 AD Piast 1186
Henryk I, the Bearded 1228 to 1229 AD Piast 1163
Konrad of Mazovia 1229 to 1232 AD Piast 1187
Henryk I, the Bearded 1232 to 1238 AD Piast 1163
Henryk II, the Pious 1238 to 1241 AD Piast 1192
Konrad of Mazovia 1241 to 1243 AD Piast 1187
Boleslaw V, the Chaste 1243 to 1279 AD Piast 1226
Leszek II, the Black 1279 to 1288 AD Piast 1242
Henryk IV, Probus 1288 to 1290 AD Piast 1257
Przemysl II 1290 to 1291 AD Przemyslid 1257
Przemysl II 1295 to 1296 AD Przemyslid 1257
Waclaw II 1300 to 1305 AD Przemyslid 1271
Waclaw III 1305 to 1306 AD Przemyslid 1289
Wladyslaw I, the Short 1306 to 1333 AD Piast 1260
Kazimierz III, the Great 1333 to 1370 AD Piast 1310
Louis, the Great 1370 to 1382 AD Andegaven 1326
Jadwiga 1383 to 1399 AD Andegaven 1374
Wladyslav II Jagiello 1386 to 1434 AD Jagiellon 1351
Wladyslav III 1434 to 1444 AD Jagiellon 1424
Kazimierz IV 1446 to 1492 AD Jagiellon 1427

ERA king
----------------------------
1087 Wladyslaw (I Herman) /born 1043
1205 Leszek I (Bialy) /born 1186
1321 Wladyslaw I (Lokietek) /born 1260 (a famous king, look at the bottom
of this document)

// polish forenames
// ------------------

Mieszko *
Boleslaw *
Wladyslaw *
Kazimierz *
Henryk *
Konrad *
Leszek *
Jan *
Aleksander *
Stefan *

Lambert
Zbigniew
Ziemowit
Ziemomysl
Dytryk
Bezprym
Otton
Albert
Odon
Chrociszko
Marcin
Michal
Damian
Jaromir
Florian
Iwo
Spytko
Mateusz
Roch
Lech
Wojciech
Zygmunt
Przemyslaw
Troiden
Janusz
Macko
Zbyszko
Powala
Zyndram
Zawisza
Kazko
Jaksa
Boguslaw
Sobislaw
Gromoslaw
Andrzej
Msciwoi
Stanislaw
Warcislaw
Wilk
Ratibor
Barnim
Joachim
Jurand
Kasper
Mikolaj
Pawel
Piotr
Szymon
Kosma
Chwalimir
Bronisad
Krystyn
Niebor
Przebor
Radoslaw
Pakoslaw
Miroslaw
Brzeslaw
Przemko
Slawko

* - king/prince name

// polish surnames
// -----------------

Piast ***
Slaski *
Malopolski *
Kujawski *
Wielkopolski *
Sandomierski *
Mazowiecki *
Debno *
Nalecz *
Wieniawa *
Herman *
Sulima *
Janina *
Habdank *
Leliwa *
Bojcza *
Dabrowa *
Gryf *
Orlicki *
Grycki *
Czerski *
Sochaczew *
Odrowaz *
Wykowski *
Powala *
Radzic *
z Leczycy *
Ciechanowski *
Sieradzki *
z Glogowa *
z Legnicy *
Liwski *
z Dobrzyna *
z Wislicy *
Radomski *
Rawski *
z Nakla *
ze Zbaszyna *
z Trzebnicy *
z Miechowa *
z Sulejowa *
z Grabowa *

Wierzynek
Sumik
Okwia
Lisow
Sasin
Zapolya
Adamczyk
Buczak
Czajka
Dudzik
Kazczyk
Krawczyk
Kulwiec
Majtyka
Marosz
Miazga
Niemoj
Wlostowic
Ogitzak
Penc
Pieritz
Petratz
Plast
Psotka
Pyrzyce
Rzegotka
Stawecki
Malewicz
Stasiak
Puch
Turek
Wallach
Wojno
Wos
Zacharek
Zdeb
Zuraw
Wozniak

*** - dynasty name
* - noble name

// princesses
// ----------

Salomea
Anna
Maria
Dobronega
Judyta
Agnieszka
Ryksa
Gertruda
Adelajda
Matylda
Elzbieta
Anastazja
Helena
Lucja
Ludmila
Eufrozyna
Zofia
Konstancja
Jadwiga
Barbara

// famous individuals
// ------------------

// type general
// name Piotr Wlostowic
// date of birth 1097
// command ***
// dread *
// piety *******
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V zealot
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Gall Anonim
// date of birth 1098
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ******
// loyalty ****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Henryk Kietlicz
// date of birth 1179
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ****
// loyalty **
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Wincenty Kadlubek
// date of birth 1185
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Henryk Pobozny
// date of birth 1219
// command ***
// dread *
// piety ******
// acumen ***
// loyalty ******
// V&V trully pious
// region Silesia

// type general
// name Konrad Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1224
// command ****
// dread ***
// piety ****
// acumen **
// loyalty *****
// V&V weak deffender
// region Mazovia

// type general
// name Klemens z Ruszczy
// date of birth 1232
// command ***
// dread **
// piety *****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V famously brave
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Jakub Swinka
// date of birth 1263
// command ***
// dread ***
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty ***
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Albert Krakowski
// date of birth 1291
// command ***
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty *
// V&V blackmailer
// region Poland

// type general
// name Jerzy Boleslaw Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1305
// command ***
// dread *
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V loyal
// region Ruthenia

// type emissary
// name Mikolaj Wierzynek
// date of birth 1344
// command ****
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Andrzej z Wislicy
// date of birth 1347
// command **
// dread **
// piety **
// acumen **
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Janko z Czarnkowa
// date of birth 1354
// command **
// dread *
// piety ******
// acumen *****
// loyalty ******
// V&V clever with words
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zyndram z Maszkowic
// date of birth 1364
// command ******
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V charismatic
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zawisza Czarny z Grabowa
// date of birth 1370
// command ***
// dread *****
// piety *****
// acumen *****
// loyalty *******
// V&V brave beyond belief
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Florian z Korytnicy
// date of birth 1377
// command **
// dread ***
// piety *****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *******
// V&V expert deffender
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Powala z Taczewa
// date of birth 1382
// command ****
// dread *******
// piety *****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *******
// V&V mighty warrior
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Jan Sarnowski
// date of birth 1387
// command ***
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V gentle knight
// region Bohemia

// type general
// name Janusz Mazowiecki
// date of birth 1388
// command ***
// dread ***
// piety *****
// acumen ****
// loyalty *****
// V&V secret pride
// region Mazovia

// type cardinal
// name Zbiniew Olesnicki
// date of birth 1389
// command **
// dread **
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Zygmunt Korybutowicz
// date of birth 1389
// command **
// dread ******
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty ******
// V&V skilled deffender
// region Lithuania

// type general
// name Marcin z Wrocimowic
// date of birth 1390
// command ***
// dread ******
// piety ****
// acumen **
// loyalty ******
// V&V mighty warrior
// region LIMBO

// type bishop
// name Stanislaw za Skarbimierza
// date of birth 1392
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type cardinal
// name Mikolaj Traba
// date of birth 1393
// command ***
// dread **
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V builder
// region Poland

// type emissary
// name Pawel Wlodkowic
// date of birth 1394
// command **
// dread **
// piety ***
// acumen *****
// loyalty *****
// V&V builder
// region LIMBO

// type general
// name Spytko z Melsztyna
// date of birth 1419
// command ****
// dread ******
// piety *
// acumen *****
// loyalty *
// V&V blackmailer
// region Poland

// type general
// name Wladyslaw Warnenczyk
// date of birth 1424
// command ****
// dread **
// piety ******
// acumen ****
// loyalty ******
// V&V educated
// region Bulgaria

// famous kings
// ------------

// type king/prince
// name Boleslaw (Krzywousty ~ Wrymouth)
// date of birth 1085
// command *****
// dread *******
// piety ****
// acumen ****
// loyalty //
// V&V merciless
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Wladyslaw I (Lokietek ~ The Short)
// date of birth 1260
// command ****
// dread *****
// piety ***
// acumen ***
// loyalty //
// V&V legendary leader
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Kazimierz (Wielki ~ The Great)
// date of birth 1310
// command ***
// dread *
// piety *****
// acumen ******
// loyalty //
// V&V deep thinker
// region //

// type king/prince
// name Wladyslaw II (Jagiello)
// date of birth 1351
// command ******
// dread ****
// piety ****
// acumen ***
// loyalty //
// V&V hesitant
// region //

Regards,
EC "

Hi, I don't know adout Polish history lot, but I don't think that king Wladyslaw II (Jagiello) was so good. He was Bohemian king for while and was also known as King Bene (King Agree), as quite weak ruler, who let nobility to rule on their own.
Also king Wladyslaw I (Lokietek ~ The Short) doesn't seem to be so legendary leader as he was often defeated by Bohemian king Vaclav II (Waclaw II in your list).

cegorach
10-06-2004, 09:23
Hi, I don't know adout Polish history lot, but I don't think that king Wladyslaw II (Jagiello) was so good. He was Bohemian king for while and was also known as King Bene (King Agree), as quite weak ruler, who let nobility to rule on their own.
Also king Wladyslaw I (Lokietek ~ The Short) doesn't seem to be so legendary leader as he was often defeated by Bohemian king Vaclav II (Waclaw II in your list

Yes Jagiello was a Bohemian king for a while, but this fact is even rarely mentioned in Polish history, he was almost 80 years old at that time, his major achievements were in Poland and Lithuania, not in Bohemia, which was even seen as dangerous ( Hussites) by Archbishop Oleshnicki - the real ruler in the last years of Jagiello's reign.

Lokietek maybe wasn't very successfull at the beginning, but in the end he became the king of Poland and united the country. He was often defeated by Vaclav II, but it was Lokietek who was victorious in the end.

It's BKB's choice what to do with those proposals. ~;)

cegorach
10-06-2004, 09:25
BKB

One modyfication should be made when it comes to the names for Poland.
I mean Jadwiga - this first name is for a FEMALE for sure, but in the MTW men called Jadwiga appear really too often.

Small notes regarding heroes for Poland

Henryk Pobozny //died at Leignitz in 1241, commander of the forces;

Konrad Mazowiecki //invited the Teutonic Order to 'silence' Prussia and founded the only one Polish crusader order - Knights of Dobrzyn (small number of them even fought vs. the Teutonic Order...

Zyndram z Maszkowic - a German and the major commander of the POLISH army at Tannenberg

Wladyslaw Warnenczyk - the young king who died at Warna, the only one thing what he 'achieved'.

INFLUENCE of the famous kings

Bolesław Krzywousty - 3

Wladyslaw Lokietek - 4

Kazimierz Wielki ( the Great) - 5-6

@Certainly Rome can offer really much, as soon as I buy a new PC I will try to use its engine for my/our mod if introducing firearms will be possible.

+ a really good name for a Lithuanian princess is Aldona, most of the names proposed earlier ( for Lithuania) are from the XVIth century and Bona for example was Italian ( Sforza family), but it is really hard to find something for this faction.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman :bow:

cegorach
10-07-2004, 09:31
@Belisarivs

"Wladyslaw II (Jagiello) was so good. He was Bohemian king for while and was also known as King Bene (King Agree), as quite weak ruler, who let nobility to rule on their own."

It's quite funny, but he is regarded as a really good ruler in Poland, because he
LET the nobility to rule, which was another major step in the creation
of the democratic ( for that time) First Republic.
His reign taught the Poles to respect various minorities much more than before, which allowed the future successes of the state.

BTW - aren't you mistaken with this Jagiello stuff ? There was another Wladislaw king of Poland, Hungary and Bohemia, the one who died at Warna in 1444, very young and rather not a real ruler ( not very skilled politician).

@BKB

If you need more info ( trade goods, names etc.) just ask.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman ~;)

Borathor
10-08-2004, 13:01
Is there any mirror for the late beta that is still working?

Empedocles
10-08-2004, 16:37
Hello to everyone!
I'm new to the BKB mod have quick questions to ask.
I installed it and it only changed one start date (super early). Is it correct or I did something wrong?
Iplayed a bit with the Almoravis and think it's a great mod, but I would like to play in a different era.

Ok, thanks to anyone who reads this and can help me.

Diego, from Argentina

playboytaxi
10-08-2004, 22:01
Hi
I am ready to help to everybody with what i know. I also want to try all MOD's.
Here link to some info about Bulgarian history:
http://www.bulgaria.com/history/bulgaria/

I create some 3D models for the Review window of the units.Just give me your Emails and i will send it. If i have time i will made more.

http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/images/111mtwunit001.jpg

playboytaxi
10-09-2004, 01:00
Rulers of Bulgaria

Khan Kubrat (632-651)
Khan Asparoukh (681-700)
Khan Tarvel (700-721)
Khan Kardam (777-803)
Khan Krum 803-814
Khan Omurtag 814-831
Khan Perssian 836-852
Tsar Boris I 852-889
Tsar Simeon the Great 893-923
Tsar Peter I 927-970
Tsar Samuil 997-1014
Tsar Peter II and Tsar Assen I 1185-1197
Tsar Kaloyan 1197-1207
Tsar Ivan Assen II 1218-1241
Tsar Ivailo 1278-1280
Tsar Todor Svetoslav 1300-1321
Tsar Mihail Shishman 1323-1330
Tsar Ivan Alexander 1331-1371
Tsar Ivan Shishman 1371-1395
Tsar Ivan Strashimir 1356-1396

playboytaxi
10-09-2004, 21:17
BKB and cegorach1 how to send you these unit icons?I can made more if somebody is intrested?
http://members.aol.com/bogdanovaslava/Aaa.html

Nomad
10-10-2004, 09:25
~D Nice Unit icons,
I've downloaded and will create some new bif's once I've re-installed photoshop. Good modded unit bifs are hard to find and most modders just use the originals which becomes very confusing on the review panel. Keep up the good work.
:duel:

p.s If you do create more, maybe you should post your own thread so everyone can see and make use of these.

Belisarivs
10-11-2004, 16:20
Also king Wladyslaw I (Lokietek ~ The Short) doesn't seem to be so legendary leader as he was often defeated by Bohemian king Vaclav II (Waclaw II in your list

Yes Jagiello was a Bohemian king for a while, but this fact is even rarely mentioned in Polish history, he was almost 80 years old at that time, his major achievements were in Poland and Lithuania, not in Bohemia, which was even seen as dangerous ( Hussites) by Archbishop Oleshnicki - the real ruler in the last years of Jagiello's reign.

Lokietek maybe wasn't very successfull at the beginning, but in the end he became the king of Poland and united the country. He was often defeated by Vaclav II, but it was Lokietek who was victorious in the end.

It's BKB's choice what to do with those proposals. ~;)

If was Lokietek victorious in the end it wasn't because he was be so good leader but because Vaclav II died of illness and Vaclav III was murdered, what caused Premyslid lineage to end without heirs. Without this he wouldn't succeed.

BTW, I spotted that you're Hetman. Did you have any problems with reregistering your nick there, too? How's mod proceeding? We're arguing again. :duel:

Regards
Belisarivs/SpetzNatz

cegorach
10-12-2004, 09:39
Exactly, I couldnt login as Hetman.
The mod is being prepared - we are working on a new map, for now and lists of various heroes and villians - any proposal for a Czech leader at that time ( could be a rebel) ?

Aboul Lokietek - I think that he really should be a legendary leader, mostly because there is nothing called 'stubborn'.
This guy was really tough and have done much to re-unite Poland what he achieved in the end.
However he could have command 2 or 3, which with 'Legendary leader' virtue should represent him much better I believe.

Anyway it is BKB's choice and his decision.

Cheers m8 ~;)

KnightOfTheImperialDragon
10-19-2004, 01:19
I downloaded the XL mod. Is this mod much different? If so, how? They look pretty similar. No offense intended against Blind King of Bohemia.

Paul Peru
10-19-2004, 07:36
I downloaded the XL mod. Is this mod much different? If so, how? They look pretty similar. No offense intended against Blind King of Bohemia.
They are quite similar and quite different. The factions/provinces are not the same, there are different units, they have changed the economy in different ways. I play both, but I have enjoyed the BKB mod more. At least for the factions I've tried, it's got more interesting units. Last night I started an early XL campaign as the Sicilians. Good going so far. I've also got a high BKB campaign going as the Crusader States. I play on hard(I think the fighting gets a bit silly on expert), and try to pick weak factions most of the time. Unless I expand very agressively, the economy gets very strong easily. I guess most dynasties at the time did not get the kind of consistent quality leadership that I provide ;-) Still, there are challenges. New Armenia in XL is "just right". Serbia in XL is tough. Both have nice units. Novgorod in BKB high is great fun. (My soothsayers generally do a great job predicting the appearance of the Golden Horde ;) Scotland... I wonder how the AI managed to get all of GB in my current BKB campaign.

Kali
10-19-2004, 09:53

There both excellant offering new maps provinces economics, buildings and units
XL has correct pre-battle shields and GA mode is still playable. BKB offers a new camp map with each period (which stops GA mode being possible)and more new units but the rumour is it keeps CTD-ing after forty or so years.
I was using BKB's mod until the latest release with the CTD issue but now I've been using an XL hybrid. I've been a bit cheeky and plundered BKB's mod. I swapped the XL units with BKB units and added a special late period mod which includes Duke Johns WoTR units. I've also added lots of my own stuff. So I guess I now use Kali's DjBKB.XL mod. Which is by far the best mod going. ~:joker:

10-19-2004, 09:53

Differences? I believe its more factions, more units and new maps for EACH period (3 in total). No disrespect meant to VH there. If you plan to download it, wait for the final release in about a week.

VikingHorde
10-19-2004, 17:52
Differences? I believe its more factions, more units and new maps for EACH period (3 in total). No disrespect meant to VH there. If you plan to download it, wait for the final release in about a week.
Our mods have the same amount of factions per era (30 factions), but it's correct that your mod has more units and maps. My focus was making the new trade stucture, improving campaign AI and making battles better.

@KnightOfTheImperialDragon
Look at page 1 on the mod pages to see what the mods offer. Modders often focus on different things in a mod (I didn't wan't to make a Super mod, like BKB properly didn't want to make a medmod). People should try out the different mods so that they can find the one they like. Mods are a little like Cola, some prefer CocaCola and some prefer Pepsi-Cola (and some non of them ~;) ). :duel:

@Kali
Sounds like a cool mod ~D

10-19-2004, 18:26
Our mods have the same amount of factions per era (30 factions), but it's correct that your mod has more units and maps.

I meant that your mod has a total of 17 new factions whereas mine has 27 in total. I realise we have the same amount in each era. Just wanted to clear that up.

iamthetraveller
10-21-2004, 02:43
:help:
BKB would you be so kind to post again the link for the download of the Super Late period?
~:cheers:

Suleimen the Magnificent
10-21-2004, 10:34
I second that. I can't download from the link on the front page.

10-21-2004, 11:07
I'm checking it out lads. I've got a very bad feeling its been taken down. If so I'm gonna be real pissed.

10-21-2004, 21:01
Yes it has, and I'm annoyed I wasn't told. If you could just hang on until I upload the final release that would be grand.

DeadRunner
10-22-2004, 01:21
m8 when will be the final released ???

metatron
10-23-2004, 07:20
^Yeah.

Meneldil
10-23-2004, 09:34
Yes

Meneldil
10-28-2004, 20:00
Looks like almost all MTW mods are dead.
Hopefully, BKB will release his final mod soon :-)

DeadRunner
10-28-2004, 22:57
someone knows anything of Bkb ???
He dont shows at some time

metatron
10-29-2004, 07:09
I hope this means he's furiously finishing his mod!

Paul Peru
10-29-2004, 09:37
I'm crossing my fingers and twiddling my thumbs!
(not quite true, took 2 days off to play Rome. Kicking ass as Pontus)

Meneldil
10-31-2004, 11:52
Well, still now answers from BKB ~:confused:

Maybe some should PM him

10-31-2004, 12:01
Expect it soon. I just have to finalise a few things. Hang in there.

Meneldil
10-31-2004, 13:50
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah !!
/me jumps all around like a silly kid

The reason why I'm still waiting your mod is that I'm pretty disapointed by RTW so far, mainly because of bugs/AI/loopholes and things like that. Anyway, your mod kicks ass.
Are you planning to mod RTW in someway ? Like a RTW BKB's mod ? Or maybe by working for europa barbarum ?

Rikdemedici
10-31-2004, 13:57
BKB: where did you learn to mod like that, how long did the mod take?? :book:
I want to do it like that :help: :help:
:charge: :duel: (coz they're cool)

10-31-2004, 14:16
Rik it took me the nearly a year to do the mod but its nearly finished. I learnt from the greats like Duke John, Barocca, Komminos and some of the greats you don't see here anymore, such as lord of Storms, Lord Krazy, Grell and the great Wellington.

Its hard at first but once you know what you are doing its fun but exhausting at times.

Meneldil, i will mod rome but i'm going to wait a bit. I'll be making a few units here and there but when i mod it might not be a rome mod maybe something else. I have a few ideas, i love the idea of the africa mod going on, that would be great to see and wish the dude doing it all the best.

If i'm going to do a mod it would be that far away from rome if you know what i mean and there are plenty of areas to draw from. ~D

Meneldil
11-04-2004, 18:11
Well, humhum
/me whistles

Russ Mitchell
11-05-2004, 19:57
Hey, am just like all the others, can't wait for it to be finished.

You're too far away to buy a beer: if I send you a US check, can it be cashed, so you can go get one on me?

tombom
11-06-2004, 18:41
I want this to be finished.

Stormy
11-09-2004, 00:02
Hi guys. I been looking for this mod almost all day today and I have no luck finding the BKB Super Late. Non of the links are working. I even reinstalled MTW for this mod. I did however downloaded the 1.0 that contains Super Early and Super High. I am a big fan of the BKB supermod since it first came out some time ago and I never had a chance to try Super Late. Can someone out there help me out with the correct link ( one that works ) for late. :embarassed:

TY

Belisarivs
11-09-2004, 16:23
Hi BKB,
I've sent you that loading screen to your alternate address. I don't know if you have it already, because of that mess with Delivery Status Notifivation - Failure.
I hope you'll enjoy.

Meneldil
11-10-2004, 11:57
There's currently no way to dl BKB super mod.
Quite annoying since my super late installer was corrupted

dimitrios the samian
11-10-2004, 15:25
There both excellant offering new maps provinces economics, buildings and units
XL has correct pre-battle shields and GA mode is still playable. BKB offers a new camp map with each period (which stops GA mode being possible)and more new units but the rumour is it keeps CTD-ing after forty or so years.
I was using BKB's mod until the latest release with the CTD issue but now I've been using an XL hybrid. I've been a bit cheeky and plundered BKB's mod. I swapped the XL units with BKB units and added a special late period mod which includes Duke Johns WoTR units. I've also added lots of my own stuff. So I guess I now use Kali's DjBKB.XL mod. Which is by far the best mod going. ~:joker:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm ... Seems like your having a lot of fun already ! ! Why not give it a name and make it available for everybody ? .... ~:)

william the bastard
11-11-2004, 10:23
Hi bkb

just one question, will you release your ottoman invasion mod one day? Hope you will sounds great.

Meneldil
11-11-2004, 16:03
Hey BKB, is there any way you can host your mod (super late beta) on 3ddownloads ?
I don't think we can dl it either at the org or at twcenter.

Since RTW is not as great as I expected, I'd like to get back to MTW? but playing without super late would be crappy.

Kali
11-14-2004, 11:37
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm ... Seems like your having a lot of fun already ! ! Why not give it a name and make it available for everybody ? .... ~:)

Hmmm,
Not sure that would be entirely fair to BKB, DJ and Viking Horde. But I guess we all ripped of Medieval TW, so maybe if they did't mind (and of course they get the big credits) I could make it available, if there was enough intrest..!!??
I Could call it Kali's Ultimate Combo mod or Kali's Total:TW ~:joker:. It would of course be a large download and some of my new buildings and the tech tree still need a bit of tweaking (I've been busy with R:TW and not got round to finnishing them).
The Mod with DJ's new units included is an overwrite. But I'd include the original files so its possible to switch between the Vanilla:TW and KT:TW with a bit of copy and paste.

dimitrios the samian
11-14-2004, 23:49
Sounds like the way to go Kali ,, make it a complete overwrite version ,, Im sure there would be plenty of interest , as it looks as if Rome is gonna be buggy for a while yet ,, cheers .. ~:cheers:

Belisarivs
11-16-2004, 17:24
BKB,
My ICQ 289601727 if you are interested.

Kali,
could you add Fall of Rome?

masaki86
11-17-2004, 15:21
Kali, wont you need permission off BKB to do what you propose. he put a lot of work into his mod, and i dont think its fair people can copy what he has done and pass it off as theirown.

DeadRunner
11-17-2004, 17:50
Let hope that the final release is on,and more important if the bkb is fine m8´s

Meneldil
11-17-2004, 18:42
Blah, I've been waiting for this release for sooo long :-P

Please BKB, even if you have to finish the work on the final release, couldn't you ask people form the org to host Super Late again ?

11-17-2004, 20:26
I'm really sorry about the delay guys. I'm fine but I've just been really busy now that Uni's back on. After getting really into Rome I've stopped for a bit and now am fine tuning this mod for its final release. I want to ensure that all bugs are removed and that everything is accurate, like names.

Meneldil - I'll ask Tosa ASAP.

Belisarivs
11-18-2004, 08:31
May I suggest checking those Gameends done by me? I think that they aren't included in game.
Do you have ICQ? I've written my above.

Kali
11-20-2004, 13:06
Kali, wont you need permission off BKB to do what you propose. he put a lot of work into his mod, and i dont think its fair people can copy what he has done and pass it off as theirown.

Dude,
I said the same thing in my initial responce to Dimitrios. I had no intention of releasing any mods. I merely posted information on how I've modded BKB's and VikingHordes mods. Dimitrios asked me If I could make the Combo available for download. So I was considering it. I'm not trying to Hijack these mods I've just combined them and spiced them up with a little new artwork, units, buildings etc (some of which I've already posted to BKB and may be in the final release). I would have only put this mod forward if BKB DJ etc OK'd it.
However I also said "If there was enough interest". Ill take your comment as a not interested which kind of cancels out half the interested party. So no need to worry about authenticity and authorship. Back to my new project RTW:Medieval.....

Kali
11-20-2004, 13:28
Masaki,
I see from reading some of your other posts your not making a very good start on this forum. Your Newbie-ness is not an excuse for a lack of tact. That aside welcome to the Guild I hope you'll settle in eventually.

Meneldil
11-20-2004, 19:14
Kali, what happened with the info pics you made for some buildings ?

Kali
11-26-2004, 10:14
Kali, what happened with the info pics you made for some buildings ?

I've still got them plus some other spares that I was working on.
I mailed many of them to BKB for the final release some time ago. Not sure if he ever got them.

11-29-2004, 22:02
I'm not going to mess you guys about anymore - the mod will be out (definitely) by Christmas, infact very near to it. Should be a nice present!

Meneldil
11-29-2004, 23:18
Good to hear :)

perris0707
11-29-2004, 23:42
I have really enjoyed playing your mod! I look forward to the finished version, and I want to thank you for all your work on this!

Thanks man! ~:)

Meneldil
12-01-2004, 11:14
Super Late Beta is still unavailable on the org and at TWCenter :help:

Would anyone mind putting it on a FTP or something like that, so I can dl it ?

Meneldil
12-07-2004, 20:37
Come on people, I'm sure some of you played BKB super late.

I don't want to play RTW again, give me my Super late back ~:eek: ~:handball:

BKB, maybe I could help you with beta test ?

Btw, I sent you the link to a site which sell Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed armies, but you're message box is full.

Paul Peru
12-08-2004, 14:39
I don't want to play RTW again, give me my Super late back ~:eek:

I'll see what I can do... I should be able to get you a fix tomorrow or friday. :bow:

Meneldil
12-08-2004, 16:23
That would be really nice Paul Peru

12-08-2004, 17:29
Meneldil I've cleared my message box now.

Paul Peru
12-15-2004, 09:21
A certain Central-European royal might want to post some happy happy news round about now, or Santa won't come to see him...
:tongue2:

12-15-2004, 16:54
A certain Central European royal can tell you that I'm in the final stages of work, and it should be out by Xmas Eve.

Sven Der Viking
12-17-2004, 17:04
How many new units are there going to be in the final version? I would like to see some new unit picture things, you know where the text explaining the historical significance of the unit is. That guy a couple of threads back had some awesome artwork he made up. Anyways i can't wait till christmas eve, for the final release. The only problem is that i have to be with the family (ugh), and i won't be on my computer. Ah well life sucks, yet you just have to find the right games to make you forget about it. :wink3: :gossip: :singer: :rifle:

12-17-2004, 18:35
I believe its about 35 new units on top of the ones you already have seen, and no I didn't have time for any new info_pics unfortunately.

Sven Der Viking
12-20-2004, 00:11
Nice, i hope i didn't annoy you or anything by wasting your time to my question. I wonder is that Bohemian King Of Total War Going To Make Any Mods For Rome Total War?? If so that would be really awesome. Keep Britain On Steel Chains and Barbed Wire BKB.

http://www.ihatebestbuy.com/BBemployee.htm

12-20-2004, 14:40
Don't apologise for wanting know things mate i'm happy people are still interested in the mod!

A few people have already started medieval style mods for rome so i won't be making a mod in that vein. I have a few ideas but i'll keep that secret for now ~:)

perris0707
12-21-2004, 00:47
I really enjoy your improved version of MTW. I use the game in my Ancient Medieval History class at school! I am eagerly awaiting the final version...

Thanks again BKB - you're awesome!

DeadRunner
12-21-2004, 19:22
still waiting for the mod m8.
=D

Paul Peru
12-23-2004, 14:33
Tomorrow's Xmas Eve!!
It's gonna be just like Xmas ~;)

Minister of Fear
12-25-2004, 23:12
Well, Santa's been and gone, and BkB mod isn't in my Christmas sock! :furious3:
Merry Xmas, all, anyway ~:cheers:

Sven Der Viking
12-25-2004, 23:34
:embarassed: Damnit, i get online just to find out the bkb mod ain't around. I guess i'll just have to play Morrowind until it shows up. (Not that there's anything wrong with morrowind!) Ah well, nothing wrong with a first person medieval/fantasy rpg, it get's the old skool action bug out for me. BKB please enjoy the plum pudding and then get your mod out. Anyways happy Hanukah, Kwanza, St.Vivec day, Merry Christmas, and happy atheist don't give a damn day. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL ANTI-CONTROVERSIAL!! Happy Holidays Everyone!!

william the bastard
12-26-2004, 10:08
Greeting Blind King

With all due respect, are you filling boxes for your loyals servants? ~D
It will be a nice gift for my birthday ~;) As I am in holidays got some time to spend behind my comp. :charge:

bye

12-26-2004, 13:04
I'm really sorry guys. I basically have three things left on my list:

1) Add heroes (half done - you try finding heroes for Medieval Georgia and Armenia. And don't get me started on the Cumans!)

2) Balance Early and High (this is pretty much done, but the new finances could have a different effect on it)

3) Rework finances

The final one has proved tremendously difficult. I heard complaints from people but only now have decided to look into it. That's 30 factions, in each period. Loads of them were in debt. In High, the HRE were losing 1000 florins every turn! So far I've done High and Late (each faction is making in excess of 200 profit per turn to start with), and am currently tinkering with Early. Its nearly done, then I'll finish off number 2, hopefully by tonight. I didn't plan to work through the Christmas period, but I had no choice. I worked many hours on the 23/24th, but to no avail. I'll spend tomorrow adding many heroes, as much as possible, so I hope to get it out by the night of the 27th. If not, DEFINITELY the 28th.

Once again, I'm sorry, but I assure you it will be worth it.

william the bastard
12-26-2004, 18:08
Don't be sorry BKB, for a such work we can wait more few days

Sven Der Viking
12-26-2004, 18:54
HERE HERE William. Uh north of france, is that like holland or the netherlands? Just curious.

Minister of Fear
12-27-2004, 02:41
Godspeed, Bkb. I eagerly await a damn fine mod! :book:

perris0707
12-27-2004, 02:59
Blind King,

Will the finished mod be able to install over your original mod, or it will require a fresh install over a clean version of MTW-VI?

Thanks again for all of your work!

dimitrios the samian
12-27-2004, 09:47
Thata the way BKB ,, you have come along way ,, So a few more days won't be a problem ,, I look forward to your mod as well , it will make it the 5th mod on my pc ,, cheers to all ,, ~:cheers:

Paul Peru
12-27-2004, 11:04
Well I'm not going to bite the hand that provides me with quality mod-ware. Good luck, and I'll expect the mod when I see it ~:)

you try finding heroes for Medieval Georgia and Armenia. And don't get me started on the Cumans!)
Cuman heroes:
Weuben, Weginald & Wudolph the wed-nosed weindeer
For the Armenians, you've probably got Zakare Zakarian and his brother Ivane? They were huge-ass heroes, already.

Simon_Tempalr
12-28-2004, 08:16
I downloaded the most recent available mod file ver. 1.0 as well as the baltic sea fix etc

I installed it all, but everytime I try and start a campaign, after I pick a faction (the irish don't have portraits, although I did try to do the portrait pagan2 copy thing) and hit start campaign it goes to the loading screen and then pops up "error loading offscreen" and the program crashes. any help?

12-28-2004, 12:40
Sounds like you're in old territory there. I'd wait til the end of today if I were you. ~;)

william the bastard
12-28-2004, 14:58
OK hold until releived

Duke Dick
12-28-2004, 15:34
cant wait BKB. really looking forward to tonight. however, who's gonna host it for you? have you sorted that out. i remember your mod was taken down from one hosting area, and i'm sure tosa is running out of space....

playboytaxi
12-29-2004, 00:30
Hi
I am looking for list of all new units with info to what fraction are available and in what provinces. Is there are such list? I faind list like this in the booklet of the Vic. Inv. but only for the new units."The Blind King of Bohemia" did you have the list of your units?

Simon_Tempalr
12-29-2004, 06:12
thanks for the reply BKB,

I was looking at VH's XL mod.. can anyone tell me what the differences between that mod and this are? not asking for a "mine is better" type of thing, but just kinda how they differ.

Simon_Tempalr
12-29-2004, 07:05
:) never mind with the comparison, I managed to do my own reading, and figure it out :) thanks

metatron
12-29-2004, 10:25
Today is tomorrow and I'm sad. :(

Paul Peru
12-29-2004, 18:07
snip

Paul Peru
12-29-2004, 18:07
Estimating the time it takes to complete a project is rarely easy.
Now it's the season to be jolly, and there are movies coming out about crusaders and such. His Royal Blindness probably has his hands full. Let's be patient ~;) ~:cheers: ~:cool:

Duke Dick
12-29-2004, 20:17
i have a feeling the mod will be out by tomorrow at the latest. infact, it might just come tonight.......

william the bastard
12-29-2004, 20:59
HERE HERE William. Uh north of france, is that like holland or the netherlands? Just curious.

Hi Sven
sorry for so late reply,mainly look for the Mod, never gone to Netherlands but I think it is different. North of France has suffered a lot of damager and destructions with the two WW and first it was a industrial place, then IMO Netherlands should be a nicer place for tourism, but it's change now and go better and better, waiting you for a beer? ~:cheers:
And if one is not enough we can easily drinkink more in a finest Irish pub at Lille ~;)

IrishMike
12-30-2004, 04:23
Come on everybody sing with me............. Anticipation is making me wait, making me wait.

Oh well. I am willing to wait for such a mod. Make it good BKB. ~:cheers:

12-30-2004, 12:23
Its done guys, and I'm compiling it into an auto-install as we speak. The only problem is, its taking hours. I thought it would be done by now, 11 hours on, but its only 20% done! I'll let you know when I'm ready to upload it.

william the bastard
12-30-2004, 12:36
Great BKB !

Cannot wait no more

12-30-2004, 21:25
Things aren't looking good guys. The auto-install thing is really playing up. Looks like tomorrow now. :embarassed:

william the bastard
12-30-2004, 21:45
See you tomorrow :)

playboytaxi
12-31-2004, 00:38
Again!

Hi
I am looking for list of all new units with info to what fraction are available and in what provinces. Is there are such list? I faind list like this in the booklet of the Vic. Inv. but only for the new units."The Blind King of Bohemia" did you have the list of your units?

12-31-2004, 14:19
Sorry mate there isn't one as it would take ages to do! ~D

Meneldil
12-31-2004, 15:05
Could we expect a list of the things that were added, while we're waiting for the release ? ~D

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 15:05
you make me crazy! upload zip files if needed

Duke Dick
12-31-2004, 15:12
BKB's only trying to make it easier for you by having an auto install. plus it will be out today. BKB told me.

Cyright
12-31-2004, 15:26
and if not today, then definitely next year ;-)

12-31-2004, 15:31
No it'll be today. I'm just about to upload it, but it'll take a while. I'll update the first post soon with new features.

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 15:33
I understand Duke Dick, auto install will be better for all of us, I am just impatient, never wanna offense anyone. However, as I read it, you have some infos, can you tell us more about new units and provinces? Just to wait in silence :) and lest our Highness work quietly.
At least do you have news from his Ottoman invasion Mod, I really like to play this one.

12-31-2004, 15:58
First post updated.

Ottoman Invasion died a horrific death I'm afraid.

Quick update - almost 50MB of 230MB has been uploaded so far. Should be up in a couple of hours.

Also, the default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into your 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in.

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 16:08
Sad for ottoman invasion.
Waiting a link for D/L

12-31-2004, 17:16
170MB uploaded lads - just another 60 to go! Won't be long now. 45 mins?

12-31-2004, 17:59
Its here lads. Thanks for all your support and I hope it was worth the wait:

BKB Super Mod Version 2.0 (http://212.238.194.39/files/files/BKB/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe)

Tosa assures me a Mizus mirror is being added so hang on in there if you're having trouble downloading it. Initial downloads could be numerous. I just had some luck - keep trying.

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 18:14
I am afraid the link won't work or maybe too many peoples downloading

Duke Dick
12-31-2004, 18:16
t'is working for me, but very slow. about 20kb/s, might just get it off you BKB.

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 18:17
At 14th attempt it's work

Cyright
12-31-2004, 18:18
hurray, thanks, downloading :)))
ok everyone stop downloading and wait till im done:)

Duke Dick
12-31-2004, 18:18
god, it keeps getting slower probably cuz quite a few ppl are downloading it at the same time......2.2MB of the way through :cry:

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 18:21
Shit, connection failed, Iwill try tomorrow

perris0707
12-31-2004, 18:54
Me again BKB...can the new Mod be installed over your original Super Mod? Or do I have to un-install and reload the entire game???

Thanks again for all of your hard work!!!

Perris

sharrukin
12-31-2004, 19:18
Mizus has BKB super mod 2.0

http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Stats/

I think that's the one.

12-31-2004, 20:39
Me again BKB...can the new Mod be installed over your original Super Mod? Or do I have to un-install and reload the entire game???

Mmm might be best to use a clean one just to be sure. You could try it though.

TosaInu
12-31-2004, 20:59
1st link

http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Stats/BKB Super Mod Version 2.0.exe

TosaInu
12-31-2004, 21:01
I turned off my personal server as it had to be uploaded to the mirrors first.

TosaInu
12-31-2004, 22:40
2nd link:

http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe

TosaInu
12-31-2004, 22:52
3rd:
BKB Super Mod Version 2.0 (http://212.238.194.39/files/files/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe)

william the bastard
12-31-2004, 23:54
Yeah I got it!!!. Thanks for all BKB. But, after a such mod, what are you doing of your life now?:-). Will you offer us an eastern promise or too tired for moding again?

playboytaxi
01-01-2005, 05:03
I install the mod ,but i dont see any diference,no new units ,even my own info icons are there,and all changes i made too.What are the new things in this mod?

perris0707
01-01-2005, 07:32
I can't get it to load into the game either. It's downloaded but none of the new changes come up in the game. Suggestions???

Godfrey of Bouillon
01-01-2005, 08:06
Hello BKB, I can't get 2.0 to work. It will not overwrite the game files. It creates a folder Medieval - Total War inbetween the Logfiles folder, and the Models folder, but it does'nt overwrite. I don't have any problems with 1.0, which works fine and I really enjoy. I've tried a clean install, and tried to install over 1.0, to no avail. Also, I'm not very clear on the instructions about the Dead Page Coords. Is that something you need to adjust everytime you change to a different era? I know you've been very busy and pushed on this mod, but your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Duke Dick
01-01-2005, 10:39
Hello BKB, I can't get 2.0 to work. It will not overwrite the game files. It creates a folder Medieval - Total War inbetween the Logfiles folder, and the Models folder, but it does'nt overwrite. I don't have any problems with 1.0, which works fine and I really enjoy. I've tried a clean install, and tried to install over 1.0, to no avail. Also, I'm not very clear on the instructions about the Dead Page Coords. Is that something you need to adjust everytime you change to a different era? I know you've been very busy and pushed on this mod, but your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

yeah, you hit the nail on the head there. Each time you want to play in a different era(due to limitations) you have to change the dead page cords you want to use to the main deadpage file. and simply revert the other one to dp early(or something like that so you know which one is which)

I'm currentley downloading as well, so i'll report my progress with the install.

edit-btw, BKB, after getting the auto installer to do the work, you installed it yourself and it worked didnt it??? it makes you question what the hell is going on.

Duke Dick
01-01-2005, 11:26
update-i've downloaded and installed it, and it seems to install itself into a folder called medieval. From here, you can move all the files and such into their proper locations. I did this, and i got it working, however, there is one problem which may be because of my moving files, but as the game is loading with your newtitle screen, very nice btw, i get about 20-30 pop ups saying that an emmisary was declared as.....and it requested an image from...but could not be found, using default image.

at present i am reinstalling the mod but in a new directory, i'll post asap.

edit-i've doneit again. uninstalled, reinstalled, moved folders....i did it perfectly, mirroring the auto install, making sure that folders went in the proper places, making sure not to get rid of stuff, but i still get the same error message:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/masaki86/untitled.jpg

Fact is, in both the install and the game itself, no such folder exists. I have a feeling that when the autoinstall wasplaying up with you, it messed around folder locations or something???

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 13:06
Hi Duke Dick

I have change the default path and starting a campain with the Frenchs. For the moment nothing wrong.
In the Intaller path I have delete \medieval total war and working fine. Correct path should be C:\programs files\total war. Hope will help you.
For whose was interested, I have install the mod on my previous bkb install and seems ok.

Duke Dick
01-01-2005, 13:11
i did that earlier, but i still got the pop up error, i'll give it another go, cheers.

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 13:16
Sounds weird i have install final release on MTW +VI + VI patch + BKB v1.0 and BKB beta superlate. and no pop up error when loading campain.

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 13:25
Remind somthing now. I am playing campain and autoresolve battles, so do any changes on Deadpages coords.

Duke Dick
01-01-2005, 13:25
thats the thing, i'm just installing it on top of MTW and VI.

just did it again, and the pop up keeps coming up, i uninstalled VI but then realised i dont have the MTW disc, i only bought VI and borrowed MTW off BKB.so i'll have to wait,

can you have a look and see if you have the folder shown in the picture on the previous page? i think its campmap\reviewpanel\units\catholic

edit-if you never play battles, then i dont think any changes will be needed to the dead page co-ords cuz you never see them.

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 13:39
[QUOTE=Duke Dick]thats the thing, i'm just installing it on top of MTW and VI.

can you have a look and see if you have the folder shown in the picture on the previous page? i think its campmap\reviewpanel\units\catholic

No I don't this folder,just campmap\reviewpanal\units and all the units.bif in this folder

Duke Dick
01-01-2005, 13:41
well, i've gotta wait till next week now, till i get the MTW disc. i'll cry about it later.lol.

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 14:07
buy it on ebay. then no worry for multiple Mods installs.
however, first report this Mod sounds great, news units, news maps again! This guy is The King of the Medievals Mods, I'll let RTW to my son and continue to play MTW

william the bastard
01-01-2005, 14:10
[QUOTE=Duke Dick]thats the thing, i'm just installing it on top of MTW and VI.

i only bought VI and borrowed MTW off BKB.so i'll have to wait,

You're a friend of our King, lucky guy.

01-01-2005, 14:11
Guys I've mentioned this on the front page and in a previous post - the auto-installer will automatically install it into your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. THIS IS WRONG! Make sure it is installed into the 'TOTAL WAR' folder instead, the one 'Medieval - Total War' is actually in. The first time I installed it I did the same thing and no changes came up. Sorry about that.

DD, I installed it onto a clean Medieval and Viking and had no such problem. I suggest you install it as above rather than copy it in just to be sure. Infact I've never heard of that folder, and indeed no such folder exists!

Also, I'm not very clear on the instructions about the Dead Page Coords. Is that something you need to adjust everytime you change to a different era? I know you've been very busy and pushed on this mod, but your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Before you load up the game, you should decide which era you want the deadpage coords for. As I have different units in each era, I have to have different ones. They are found in the 'Textures/Men' folder. Now, the default one is set to Early, and is just called 'Deadpage Coords'. The two for the other periods are aptly titled 'HighDeadpage Coords' and 'LateDeadpage Coords'. When you want to choose another era, rename the current era in use by adding its period name to the front of it ('EarlyDeadpage Coords') and removed the period name from the one you want, leaving it as just 'Deadpage Coords'. This is what you have to do each time, and its quite simple once you get the hang of it. I hope that clears things up a bit.

frogbeastegg
01-01-2005, 15:04
Since this mod installs to the main TW folder instead of the MTW one will I need two copies (one for each mod) of MTW on my hard drive if I want to play both this and the XL mod, or will it work with just the one? I'm guessing I will still need two copies of the game, but these are actually the first mods for MTW I have tried so I am a little hazy on the technicalities.

Congratulations (and to VikingHorde if he is reading) for making me want to dig out and play MTW again. That is no small feat; I totally went off the game, which I always found disappointing in comparision to STW, months ago. I might find that the things I hate about MTW are still too overbearing, but even if I do only play for a couple of hours before uninstalling you have worked wonders :bow:

01-01-2005, 15:08
Since this mod installs to the main TW folder instead of the MTW one will I need two copies (one for each mod) of MTW on my hard drive if I want to play both this and the XL mod, or will it work with just the one? I'm guessing I will still need two copies of the game, but these are actually the first mods for MTW I have tried so I am a little hazy on the technicalities.

Unfortunately you will need multiple copies. Medieval - Total War is just the root folder, and everything inside will go into the folders of the normal game rather than a standalone separate one. Sorry about that.

Its nice to see some new faces downloading the mod by the way. ~:cheers:

Meneldil
01-01-2005, 15:59
Everything works fine for me :)

Now I'm going to cut construction time by half, because I don't like waiting a billion of turns to build a castle

IrishMike
01-01-2005, 16:35
I did have the trouble about installing, but instead of comming here for assistance. I made a new blank folder, and installed the mod to the blank folder. Then I installed the mod into my total war game folder manually. Very tedious work, but after an hour of messing around, the game works perfectly.

Great mod BKB. ~:cheers:

Meneldil
01-01-2005, 18:50
I'm playing with the Castille Leonese in Super Early (hard). Everything looks fine. The Byzantine is kicking ass, but he's not steamrolling all middle east.
The HRE seems not as sucky as he used to, though he died early in 2 games (I've started 5 so far).
The small factions (Aragon, Valencia and Navarea, for what I've seen) aren't just waiting for someone to destroy them, which is quite nice (right now, Valencia owns the eastern part of spain while I own the western part).
I had some fun when the Dane raided Leon while my army was away ~D

Best news anyway, the Egyptian doesn't own half the map after 50 turns ~;)

Dan_Grr
01-01-2005, 23:49
Does your mod includes the portuguese faction? if it doesnt it shoulda. Portugal existed as state (read country) back in 1100 :book:

Do you have a list with the updated things of your mod? We'd aprecciate that ~:grouphug:

Afonso I of Portugal
01-01-2005, 23:53
Yes Dan_Grr the Portuguese are there in high and late.
BKB is one of the greatest moders of Total War!!!

Just play it :charge:

Dan_Grr
01-02-2005, 00:11
Ah ainda bem obrigadao yyyeeeeaaahhhhhh :charge:

Godfrey of Bouillon
01-02-2005, 01:08
BKB, In my post yesterday I explained that I was having a problem with the installation. Well, I wanted you to know that the problem was on my end, and had nothing to do with your mod. Please excuse my inexperience. It's installed and working perfectly now. The loading screen with that magnificent knight is truly awesome. You've done a great job with this mod, and I just wanted to thank you.

Georgios Maniakis
01-02-2005, 01:59
I'm going crazy! It took me 8 hours to download and now when i try to auto-install it gives a pop-up saying that it contains invalid data. Please help!!! :help: :help: :help:

sharrukin
01-02-2005, 02:26
I'm going crazy! It took me 8 hours to download and now when i try to auto-install it gives a pop-up saying that it contains invalid data. Please help!!! :help: :help: :help:

8 hours! What are you using?
Same thing happened to me!
I was an impatient moron and downloaded the BKB mod too soon, only getting part of it before it had been fully uploaded.
Check to see if you have c.230 MB file. I had only 108MB.
The early bird does get the worm, unfortunately!

BTW; does anyone have an easy fix for the BKB mod yet.

Afonso I of Portugal
01-02-2005, 02:51
BKB, i've started one campaign in early, high and late, and seems to be fine.
Nice work with the flags and shields of Castile-Leon, Burgundy and Venice.
Great work as well with the Aviz Knights!!!

You do great things BKB!!! :charge: :duel:

Do you have another modding projects???

see ya ~:cheers:

01-02-2005, 11:55
8 hours! What are you using?
Same thing happened to me!
I was an impatient moron and downloaded the BKB mod too soon, only getting part of it before it had been fully uploaded.
Check to see if you have c.230 MB file. I had only 108MB.
The early bird does get the worm, unfortunately!

BTW; does anyone have an easy fix for the BKB mod yet.

To both of you, I think the only suggestion is the re-download it. The file may have been altered while you were downloading it, hence the problems. There are more stable links now thankfully.

Georgios Maniakis
01-02-2005, 16:01
I downloaded from mizus the file and it was 223.87 Mb. It took me 8 hours because I have dial-up not cable. Now I started all over again from the other link and the file is 231.27 Mb. Can anyone help me? Does anyone know a way so I can download just the part I’m missing (~9 Mb) and not the whole file from the beginning?I really want to play this mod!!!

Barbarian King
01-02-2005, 20:53
wow! This mod is great. I haven't experinced any problems at all ~:)

cheers to your great work ~:cheers:

JR-
01-03-2005, 01:43
will download asap.

sorry for being a novice, but; deadpage cords.......?

is it possible to play a game of bkb from early right through to late and still being able to see all that you have created? or will i have to start separate games in early, high, and late?

cheers

Peegee Tips

Paul Peru
01-03-2005, 10:10
Classy stuff, BKB!! ~:cheers:
Did a "short campaign" as the Norse first.
My crusade to Palestine, led by Crown Prince Aage unexpectedly met resistance in Georgia from an outnumbered Armenian force. Soon their king was hiding in his capital, but huge numbers of his Egyptian and Seljuk allies forced me back to Georgia again. This happened once more before the noble Armenian nation was finally outwopen due to their misplaced loyalty to the enemies of Christianity. (just role playing, I'm an atheist/humanist, really) Meanwhile I had built an inn in Georgia, and hired mercs to replenish the thinned ranks of my crusaders. A foolish Egyptian attack on Georgia then left Syria weakened, and I was able to fight my way through to the Holy Land. Soon after, Aage returned to Norway to take over the kingdom, and the Seljuks claimed my unlooked for Caucasian conquests, minus amenities. ~;) Hopefully the Armenians will rise again one day. As I left the save game on hold for later, Scandinavia(++) was prospering and Palestine was under no imminent threat. The only problem was Egyptian fleets troubling my longboats, and leaving Iceland isolated much of the time.

Currently, I'm Teutonic High-meister. Before the Horde arrived, I was able to recruit Tectonic Knights; shock cavalry with tectonic plate armour :dizzy2:
Anyway, by the time the Horde got around to invading Prussia I had 400 knights there, partly due to fruitful royal fornication. Though outnumbered 3.2 to 1, I took very few casualties. Luckily their heavy cav, slightly outnumbered by my knights, advanced ahead of their main force. Few escaped.
A funny thing happened on the way to Granada(my #¤% crusade insisted on taking the long and hostile way around, so it was doomed from the start): It was sitting in Mongol Georgia when Turks attacked. The pre-battle screen, however, said something about my Aragonese allies that I must assist against invading Spanish(or the other way around). My 6 crusaders sat out the muslim/pagan slaughter, then took a few Mongol warriors with them to their graves after the Sultan had fled. I don't know if this may be mod-related....

Generally, I find that getting a strong economy is a bit on the easy side, though I like the added resources and trade goods. Playing difficult factions on hard, and role playing rather than trying to make optimal decisions works for me.

It's a great mod, now better than ever, and I hope to play it a lot. Maybe one day I'll get a champion swordsman...

JR-
01-03-2005, 13:37
sorry for being a novice, but; deadpage cords.......?

is it possible to play a game of bkb from early right through to late and still being able to see all that you have created? or will i have to start separate games in early, high, and late?

cheers

Peegee Tips

just seen the first post.

it appears that one must choose one or one of the other two deadpage cords.

i always play from early, is it therefore recommended that i use the early (default?) deadpage cords?

01-03-2005, 14:36
The aragonese allies thing is slightly weird but i have no idea what it could be.

pere, all 3 periods are very different i'm afraid, so things don't appear such as factions from other periods, sorry about that. The only faction that will appear is the mongols ~D

JR-
01-03-2005, 15:44
cheers, np. :)

just need to get it working now... :p

CrusaderForJustice
01-03-2005, 22:04
Blind King, thank you for this great mod, its an awesome addition..
but when I try starting a new campaign with the byzanz it crashes back to desktop while loading!? Other factions like the turks work fine. Ive tied reinstalling the game and the mod, it doesnt help.
:help: :help: :help:
Has anyone else encountered this?
Oh yea ive got the german version of M.VI
thanks in advance

masp_82
01-03-2005, 23:13
I have the same problem CrusaderForJustice and i have also the german version of MTW + VI. With the Mod, the game crashed when i load some factions. Other factions work fine.

Try to reduce in the options the resolution of the strategy map to 800 x 600 ( i think that is the lowest) and then load a new campaign. This solved my problem and now iam able to play with all Mod factions.

If you find another solution, please post it. I really want to use a higher solution for the strategy map.

Belisarivs
01-04-2005, 12:02
Hi BKB.
I forgot to add that knight in loadingscreen Isn't Jan Lucembursky (also known as Blind King of Bohemia), but Premysl Otakar II in his crusade against pagan Prussians charging Prussian noble. I don't have any images of BKB (I mean Bohemian). I'll try to find some.

Belisarivs
01-04-2005, 12:07
The noble and gallant King of Bohemia, also known as John of Luxembourg because he was the son of the emperor Henry of Luxembourg, was told by his people that the battle had begun. Although he was in full armor and equipped for combat, he could see nothing because he was blind. He asked his knights what the situation was and they described the rout of the Genoese and the confusion which followed King Phillip's order to kill them. "Ha," replied the King of Bohemia, "That is a signal for us." . . . Then the King said a very brave thing to his knights: "My Lords, you are my men, my friends and my companions-in-arms. Today I have a special request to make of you. Take me far enough forward for me to strike a blow with my sword." Because they cherished his honor and their own prowess, his knights consented. . . . In order to acquit themselves well and not lose the king in the press, they tied all their horses together by the bridles, set their king in front so that he might fulfil his wish and rode towards the enemy.

The good king . . . came so close to the enemy that he was able to use his sword several times and fought most bravely, as did the knights with him. They advanced so far forward that they all remained on the field, not one escaping alive. They were found the next day lying around their leader, with their horses still fastened together.

playboytaxi
01-05-2005, 06:00
BKB ,can i get at least the list of the units available to all ?

Paul Peru
01-05-2005, 14:38
The aragonese allies thing is slightly weird but i have no idea what it could be.
Well, it just happened again! My Teutonic crusade for Nicaea was almost there. It was camping in neutral Sicilian Constantinople, when the purple guys invaded in an ill-judged preemptive strike. The pre-battle screen indicated that I must aid my Novgorod allies, who had been invaded by the Nicaeans, while the Sicilians had sent a force to join the battle. Nov were nowhere near the place, of course. Nic and Sic were both automatically targetted by my archers in the battle. Sics ran away, leaving my crusaders to fight the Nics, who were soundly defeated. Afterwards, the Sics still had Constantinople, with their 800+ routers all present.
BTW, have you done anything to zeal or some other factor influencing crusades? My crusade actually had a net loss of manpower, even though it's travelled through catholic lands all the way. (This is a good thing IMO.)

01-05-2005, 15:00
Paul i have no idea what that is all about, i'm going to check it out ~D

I did tinker with unit avaliability for crusades, mainly to help muslim factions out abit.

Playboy taxi, it would take so long to do, it would be great if someone was willing to do this but i'm not. Sorry mate ~:eek:

Dr Octomon
01-06-2005, 21:30
First, thanks so much BKB. I've been playing version 1.0 for months and it's brilliant!

I tried installing 2.0, on a fresh install (twice). I've tried playing the Danes twice, and both times at about turn 10 it randomly crashes to the desktop at the start of the new turn! Any idea what's going on there?

01-06-2005, 23:08
What period is this in mate?

Dr Octomon
01-06-2005, 23:18
Bah! It crashed again when I clicked on a french crusade in my lands (venice).

Dr Octomon
01-06-2005, 23:19
What period is this in mate?

Both are in super early.

01-06-2005, 23:27
I'm looking into it dude

Belatucadros
01-07-2005, 05:06
~:) this mod is great ~:)
I have had no problems and like it so much that i took glitchy rome off my computer until a decent mod comes out.

I wonder if a certain bohemian king is going to start making a mod,(hint, hint) ~D

Well anyways thankyou for all your hard work(and man i know its hard) and i am sure that most of the people in this community would agree with me that your work is greatly appreciated ~:cheers:

JR-
01-07-2005, 09:47
i am hoping that BKB will revisit Eastern Promise seeing as much of the work is synergetic with Supermod............................. :D

Paul Peru
01-07-2005, 11:39
Paul i have no idea what that is all about, i'm going to check it out ~D
No big deal, of course.
I love those 3-way battles, btw.

Dr Octomon
01-08-2005, 15:27
Ok, setting the map to 800x600 helps, but it still crashes when I click on crusades (as the venicians again).

Sethik
01-10-2005, 00:11
Having trouble just loading the game. On early/high some factions CTD on startup and in early whenever I conquer another province I crash. I've only been playing northern factions though(Scots, Welsh, Norse, etc.)

Alexander the Pretty Good
01-13-2005, 03:55
This is what Rome: Total War should have been.

Note: I think the English are a tad overpowered, though I haven't played too much, and never directly against them. Bloody good AI, though. Tricky devils everywhere.

Bloody good work, BKB, I'm liking this more than RTW! ~:cheers:

cegorach
01-13-2005, 11:19
BKB I want to steal one or two of your unit descriptions for my P&M TW MTW release ( probably next week ! :balloon2: ).
Do you agree ? :charge:

Meneldil
01-13-2005, 11:49
I've played about 10 games in Super Early, and I've yet to see the English defeating the French.
The Byzantin and the French are still very good, so is the Almohad if he doesn't get gang banged by the Almoravid and the Egyptian early on.

01-13-2005, 11:55
BKB I want to steal one or two of your unit descriptions for my P&M TW MTW release ( probably next week ! ).
Do you agree ?

I completely agree. After all, where would the modding community be without a bit of theft? ~:cheers:

jbguev
01-17-2005, 02:31
Hey BKB

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

I would like to install your mod over a fresh install of M:TW but noticed your comment on your first post concerning installing it to the total war folder instead of the medieval-total war folder. I don't seem to have a total war folder, so do I need to install the mod in the folder above my medieval-total war folder? For example, my current directory structure has M:TW installed like this: \games\medieval-total war. Would I need to use the games folder for installation? Also, is this the same directory I need to execute the installation from?

Thanks.

jbguev

P.S.: Any other input from others that have successfully installed the English version would be most appreciated.

01-17-2005, 22:12
The Games folder should be fine. Let me know what happens.

-Abbey.keeper-
01-25-2005, 14:09
first of all i would like to say hi to all in this forum and especially BKB for his work :bow:
however, i have a problem with the installing the mod as i experienced CTD everytime the screen finished loading right at the beginning. sad to say, i have not had a chance to have a feel of the game yet. can anyone please help me? ~:confused:
cheers

01-25-2005, 14:46
Abbey Keeper, i have no idea why it should be doing this mate, is it an english copy of medieval dude?

-Abbey.keeper-
01-26-2005, 05:08
well i've thrown away the box and the useless manual abt 2 years ago so i have no idea which version it belongs to... however i've used the US version for my patches and i worked. ~;)
no prob of the mod i'm sure, maybe i'd need to reconfiguer my settings.
cheers :bow:

02-10-2005, 22:56
Quick question guys - has anyone experienced any problems with the mod? I mean like MAJOR problems? Only I'm getting a couple of reports I've quite drastic crashes, like all the time. How's yours playing?

L'Impresario
02-10-2005, 23:59
I 've been playing over 50 turns with Sicily and 30 with the Ilkhanate, still not even a glitch is to be seen...Great work indeed.
Only some in-game imbalances might need fixing (like the province of sicily being able to get 6000+ florins income due to trading or some unit costs) but that is easily fixable.
Tried it online as well, it was a refreshing change of pace. Ofcourse due to the overwhelming number of units, the game wasn't very balanced and in the end, Supermod wasn't supposed to be ideal for mp playing. Still lots of fun to be had by it:)

Paul Peru
02-11-2005, 14:56
Apart from the faction name discrepancies I've mentioned, it's as stable as MTW has ever been. No consistent glitches or CTDs.
I've played several factions extensively, and tried Early, High and Late.

My latest game as Spain is almost too tense. Got Iberian peninsula quite easily, but do I ever get attacked by everyone who has something vaguely resembling a boat? I've never had time to build a proper navy, because Italian fleets are swarming me, and those factions along with Danes, Dutch and .. and. keep coming at me every turn. My coffers are full, so I build the best I can and vacuum the inns, but I've never been able to get comfortable enough to expand further. There's always a province I need to recapture. I'll probably drop it and have another go at stopping that Horde as Kiev in High. :charge:

Iustinus
02-15-2005, 17:17
I can't praise this mod enough. Thank you so much!
The only problem I have seen so far- which is easily fixable (I think) is that going from Wales to Ireland in Super Early, you get a blank battle map- just all grass. But I'll figure that out in startpos.
I have a question; there are a number of units not used in the game- such as Miners, Madbastards, Greekjavelinmen, etc; how can we put them in the game? I guess with alot of work it could be figured out in the unitproduction file.
My last question is, I've put the Raids in the game for the Cumans. But they don't work, unless you specify that the agent is a Priest (and then they do nothing)! Otherwise, because you don't have a ribat or chapter house, it is immediately disbanded. I would think, going through other files, RAID would work, but the game doesn't recognise it.
Altogether, this is one of the best mods I've ever seen!
Thanks,
Laus Deo
Justin

02-15-2005, 17:36
Thank you!

Ah yes, the fabled 'Raids'. I spent a lot of time on them and was quite proud of the piece I made, but I couldn't get them to work right, so I abandoned them.

Sometimes you get that blank map thing - its weird and I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

I can't believe you brought up those units. ~D Mad Bastards were my very first 'new' unit - they were just cloned Bersekers for the Celtic factions in VI. Ah memories - almost brings a tear to my eye. Miners were going to have shovels, but they didn't look right. Celtic Marines would have tridents, but I wasn't happy with that either. Greek Javelinmen were a simple unit but later the idea evolved into Eporite-Greek Soldiers, so I removed them. Other 'lost' units include Flailmen (one of my few regrets; I tried and tried but just couldn't get them to look right), Portuguese Marines, the 'African' units, Chinese Thunder Crossbowmen, Naptha Horsemen and Persian Camel Warriors. Some of these as you can see were ludicrous ideas, but I thought they would be good for novelty value if nothing else. You'll see many more if you look through the files - infact there's probably a lot of funny stuff there, not least some of the descriptions for the more stupid units I mentioned.