PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to disband an army?

kksheep
04-27-2002, 08:59
I'm a newbie that just started with shogun total war. Is there a way to disband an army(general) with bad honour points?
on a similar topic, is there a way to retrain units on in total war? Tried all the methods that has been mentioned in the past forum but none seem to work. HELP!!!!

Grim
04-27-2002, 11:58
Yes. Just click on the unit you want to disband, there will be an icon opening up on the far left depicting a guy about to do seppuku. That's the way you disband an army in the Sengoku Jidaï http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Je vous repondrai par la bouche de mes canons"
-Frontenac
(I will answer you with the blast of my canons)
-Trad. libre

pdoan8
04-27-2002, 14:02
Both features are available only in WE/MI version.

All combat units can be disbanded but the one commanded by Daimyo or Heir.

To retrain a combat unit, you will need Drill Dojo and at least one Dojo which produces combat unit. To replenish (and retrain) a depleted unit, you will also need a Dojo which produces that perticular type of unit (Drill Dojo + Horse Dojo will retrain and replenish Yari Cavalry).

Retrain process:

1. Unit must be at the province in the beginning of the turn.
2. Click on the Train unit button to open up the training selection page.
3. Click on the unit (or army) you wish to retrain to open the army info bar (at the bottom of the screen). If you can not open the info bar, move the mouse on the training page but do not point at any of the unit type then and try again.
4. Drag and drop the unit you wish to retrain into the empty slot in the training page.
5. In the beginning of the next turn, the retrained unit will be ready in the castle if there is room. Otherwise, it will appear on the map in the province it was retrained.

Cannot retrain the unit command by Daimyo.