PDA

View Full Version : Medieval: Total War XL

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Wladyslaw IV
08-09-2007, 22:32
Sorry if this is somewhere already in this thread, but there is a small question. I downloaded the small 2.0 version, and there is a small insignificant problem. At High and Late Start there are no factional descriptions for the new ones. I checked and found that they exist in the loc folder together with the early ones, any idea why I in-game only have the ones in early?

Did you add the 2.1 patch? Both the small and larger versions have a 2.0 build and then a 2.1 patch.

MJF
08-14-2007, 06:17
very petty question, but when you attain victory as one of the added factions (e.g. cumans) is there some sort of doodah about how you've achieved this and that, like there is when you win as one of the original factions?

highlandclansman
09-15-2007, 19:46
very petty question, but when you attain victory as one of the added factions (e.g. cumans) is there some sort of doodah about how you've achieved this and that, like there is when you win as one of the original factions?

I might be wrong because ive just downloaded XL but i think there is because when you look through the files there are files the same as the original ones in the folder GameEnd eg an orih=ginal file is ALMOHADWIN.something and a new one is SCOTSWIN.something.

Wladyslaw IV
09-22-2007, 13:43
Where is Viking Horde anyway? Isn't he DimeBagHo now? Granted XGM rocks the house, I still want to see a Welsh faction in XL! Anyone want to help me or tell me exactly what needs to be done to accomplish such a feat? Anyone want to PM VH and ask if they can take over or at least share the project with him, so be as long as his name is in the credits?

gregori99
09-22-2007, 23:18
I can't advise you in detail about putting the Welsh in, but I have some thoughts:

XL might (or might not) have the maximum number of factions in already, if so you'll have to remove another faction as well as putting the Welsh in.

You could borrow details about the Welsh from another mod, e.g. BKB's Super mod, if BKB agrees, the Welsh are in there, units, kings, names etc.

If you examine all the text files it should be possible to work out all the stuff you need to put where.

There's probably a modding guide somewhere around that could save a lot of time ;)

In the Alchemist's Lab, there's a sticky with a guide to adding a new faction, which gives a good idea what to do. Use that with the data/units etc. from the Super Mod and it should be reasonably straightforward.

Wladyslaw IV
09-23-2007, 23:20
Well Mr. Smarty Pants, I would have to get permission from Viking Horde first, wouldn't I?

And I'm positive he's DimeBagHo, and with him/her/it so busy with XGM, I'm sure it will be allright.

VikingHorde
09-24-2007, 21:40
Hi

I have no problems with people modding the XL mod as long as they use it for own use or makes a "minimod" that is installed ontop of the XL mod. The problems starts if someone copy all my work, added a few changes and then releasing it as a new mod. Minimods for the XL mod should not have XL name (no MTW XL 3.0 ect., want that name(s) for my self ~;) )

Wladyslaw IV
09-25-2007, 18:03
It's Viking Horde! Woooot!!! And back from the dead...

Sure, I'm sure I could get unit sizes nice and good, a bit ahistorical but fun. Not sure what else can be done though... (Perfecting perfection is pretty tough ~;) )

So uhm.. I've heard there's this RTW mod. Called XGM. Have you heard of it? ~;) Wow, I'm just glad equites are 100 strong again on huge unit size. Oh well, no point talking to myself... (can't seem to find the whistling icon)

VikingHorde
09-28-2007, 19:09
MTW XL 3.0 mod is now finished, get it here:

http://www.mizus.com/files/files/MTW/Stats/VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe

The 3.0 version features some new unit pics, some changes to unit stats, early period start at 1080, minor bugfixes, new names for some of the factions (general names) and more.

axel
09-28-2007, 22:28
is this the new one mate?? cane i install this over the 2.1 or must i install MTW and VI again??

VikingHorde
09-28-2007, 22:55
is this the new one mate?? cane i install this over the 2.1 or must i install MTW and VI again??

Jepp, it's a new updated version with my last changes and it can without any problems be installed ontop of the old one :2thumbsup:

axel
09-28-2007, 23:52
thx mate :2thumbsup:

axel
09-29-2007, 14:52
Hi mate

is the 3 full version only for medieval total war gold edition??
becose i got the normal version with the VI expansion pack

VikingHorde
09-29-2007, 18:32
The mod works with all versions of MTW :2thumbsup:

axel
09-30-2007, 00:08
ok thx mate :2thumbsup:

Tony Furze
09-30-2007, 02:19
Thanks for the updated XL mod , VikingHorde. I ve installed and Im restarting my Sicilian campaign. The 1080 beginning certainly gives a better runup to the early era.

Belisario
09-30-2007, 17:46
It's good to see you again Viking Horde, thanks for this unexpected present.
I hope you have recovered from your illness.

Regards

western
09-30-2007, 23:09
Yes, welcome back VH. :balloon2:

I remember when your Mod was first being worked on and there was kind of a question in some quarters whether we needed another multi-faction Mod for the core period. Well, time has told. XL is massively popular in its own right, and its map is at the heart of Pike and Musket and Bronze Age Mods, and tutorials that you left on things like mapping have been hugely helpful to modding noobs like me.

It may not be up there with discovering penicillin but it's still been a big contribution to the community. I guess you're kind of like the James Brown of the MTW world, in a good way of course ... not implying you've done time in jail :laugh4:

Martok
10-01-2007, 00:36
Outstanding, VH! Good to see you around again. :2thumbsup:

Kaidonni
10-01-2007, 10:28
Wow, VH, I thought you might have finished this mod, but a new update? Nice! Thanks. :)

EDIT: Just a minor note, but after installing, I have found the GA points to be...confusing. When starting in Early, it says points are counted from 1350 onwards, and there are only Homelands and Conquest goals - and Homelands has NOTHING at all, not even the pip bar...yet you can select it and it says the usual thing about defending your homelands and when the points are counted.

VikingHorde
10-01-2007, 18:34
It's nice to be back :2thumbsup:

Wow, VH, I thought you might have finished this mod, but a new update? Nice! Thanks. :)

EDIT: Just a minor note, but after installing, I have found the GA points to be...confusing. When starting in Early, it says points are counted from 1350 onwards, and there are only Homelands and Conquest goals - and Homelands has NOTHING at all, not even the pip bar...yet you can select it and it says the usual thing about defending your homelands and when the points are counted.

My fear has just been confirmed, the GA point system does not work if early period starts at an earlyer date than 1087! That Sucks. I'll have to change the date back to 1087 and releace another update after some more bug hunting :hmg: . Let me know if you guys (or girls if any ~;) ) find any more bugs ~:wave:

Foozle
10-02-2007, 00:33
Is anyone else getting a 403 error trying to access the file at the mizus link?

Is there a workaround, or perhaps another download location for v3.0?

Thanks much,

Foozle

christof139
10-02-2007, 02:26
Yes, I also get the 403 error at the Mizus link. Chris

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/files/MTW/Stats/VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.mizus.com Port 80

VikingHorde
10-02-2007, 12:12
Yes, I also get the 403 error at the Mizus link. Chris

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/files/MTW/Stats/VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.mizus.com Port 80

The mod can be downloaded here:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stats/VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe

Tony Furze
10-02-2007, 16:18
Hello VikingHorde. Sorry to hear you were ill.

The GA goals revert to usual at 1087, before that its just Homelands and Conquest. The start date of 1080 is fine-just wait a few years till the GA goels kick in.

Belisario
10-02-2007, 16:39
I have begun a Seljuk campaign and found a minor bug with the 1080 start date: princesses ready to marry with eleven years! Too youngs for my sultan's harem :laugh4:

christof139
10-02-2007, 19:58
Thanx VH!!! Downloading now, and only have an 8-minute wait, not bad at all. XL was the first MTW mod I ever played a few years back. It was fun and good and still is. Looking forward to XL3!!!

Thanx, Chris

Digital
10-03-2007, 20:04
WOW, XL Mod, here I come again!

Digital
10-03-2007, 21:43
I installed it over my XL Mod. Loading the game, I see a v2.01 at the top left hand corner of the start game screen. Is it supposed to be v3.0 if I had installed it correctly?

Kaidonni
10-03-2007, 22:02
V 2.01 refers to the actual version of MTW: VI you have installed, not the mod. You'll be able to tell instantly if any changes are present - select the Early Era XL campaign, and there'll be different starting positions to what you'd see with previous versions - namely, England, France, the Almoravids and Fatimids are smaller, and the Seljuks are a lot larger (niiiice...some of the starts that I felt were too big *cough*England*cough* are now just right for me...but I wish the Byzantines still had Naples - I loved it as Sicily to make it my first conquest).

axel
10-03-2007, 22:03
Thats correct the 2.1 is just from your MTW and VI Update patch no worry s
if the game starts at 1080 then it s cool

Digital
10-03-2007, 22:16
Yeah, the game starts at 1080. That means I have installed the game correctly. Only crusader type order can build the bank? All faction can build hospital?

VikingHorde
10-03-2007, 22:28
Hello VikingHorde. Sorry to hear you were ill.

The GA goals revert to usual at 1087, before that its just Homelands and Conquest. The start date of 1080 is fine-just wait a few years till the GA goels kick in.

I have just checked it and the GA goals are there like they should be. The points are also given to the factions, so it looks okay. One thing is odd, it says that points are counted from 1350 and onwards, but but points are counted from 1100 and onwards. I gez it's the hardcoded stuff again making problems for me again (just like faction desciptions in high and late). :wall:

Wladyslaw IV
10-07-2007, 14:59
The 3.0 version features some new unit pics, some changes to unit stats, early period start at 1080, minor bugfixes, new names for some of the factions (general names) and more.

What's the 'and more'? A new Welsh faction that I couldn't help in blocking out my head of a nie on perfect mod, thee mod for MTW VI, of my favorite game ever? Hmph, and I though VH was cool... ~:(

Just joking man ~:) Great to see you back and great to see a new version of XL!!! Most definetely :yes:

###EDIT###

Did you fix the "bug" where The HRE would constantly get themselves ex-communicated after 5 or so turns?

Total_Total_WAR
10-10-2007, 03:55
Is every province supposed to have a fort in it? Also the German provinces have more structures in them in the 1080 start date than they did in the old later start date, is this normal?

Martok
10-10-2007, 18:33
Is every province supposed to have a fort in it?
Yes -- in fact, a number of provinces start with keeps as well. One of the major differences between XL and vanilla MTW/VI is that XL starts with more infrastructure.

Also the German provinces have more structures in them in the 1080 start date than they did in the old later start date, is this normal?
Probably. I won't claim to know precisely what VikingHorde's intentions were, but he probably gave the HRE more infrastructure so that they have a better chance of surviving. (VH, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

VikingHorde
10-13-2007, 15:50
The reason for adding more buildings, forts and stuff is because MTW AI has problems develluping empty provinces. Also, having forts helps the AI defending it's provinces and the AI can faster start building HQ units.

Wladyslaw IV
10-13-2007, 23:46
The reason for adding more buildings, forts and stuff is because MTW AI has problems develluping empty provinces. Also, having forts helps the AI defending it's provinces and the AI can faster start building HQ units.

Great! Makes sence. But could you tone down the capitals from keeps to forts as well? (If there will be another build?) I find it a bit easy being able to recruit such splended units at the start of the game, and royal knights being so cheap at that.

I'd rather build up slowing and start off only being able to recruit "dirt" units.

But still, belisimo mod ~D

Wladyslaw IV
10-21-2007, 11:30
Does anyone get a CTD bug when they go into negative spending? Lithuania at least, maybe the pagan factions too?? :dizzy2:

Or at least it seems to happen right after the Doomsday book event. But I have glorious achievement mode disabled, just dominantion. It happens around 1089, 1090 AD. What the bloody HELL can be wrong?? MFing Nvidia........................... :furious3:

Digital
10-28-2007, 03:47
I have another problem with XL Mod 3.0. Although I am sufficiently teched up with all the buildings necessary to build Kwarazmiam Cavalry as the Eqyptians,namely Master Horse Breeder and Master Spearmaker, I am still unable to build it, whether the era is high or late? Is that a bug?

Wladyslaw IV
10-28-2007, 11:15
I took about 4 or 5 hours and did my own variation of the XL Early Period. Fine toothed comb and everything.

Less starting buildings/lower grade castles in some provinces, upped castles and buildings in almost all others. And minor AI switches and territory changes.

VH... Do you mind having a look, maybe incorporating that into a very unlikely but possible 3.5 final final version of XL? I love your mod, just wanted to give my two cents!

I'm having a smashingly fun campaign as the Lithuanians in the Early Period. And remember this is just the early period startpos file. I did the changes because I found it annoying and less than fun building almost any type of unit in the capital province and almost nothing else in any other given province.

But now it rawks. Plus it is for XL :2thumbsup:

VH - you can have a look at it here if you wish: (Pulled. Got something much better ~;) )

PS: Sorry about the reposting!

Vladimir
11-08-2007, 19:35
Freekin sweet! I'll have to find my old CD. :medievalcheers:

Hound of Ulster
11-10-2007, 05:47
I personnally think this is the best of all the mods for MTW 1 (besides PMTW, but it is its own little level of cool. Go Wouterguzen!), but I would like to see some more units and a modding of the Viking Era campaign with it.

Kaidonni
11-11-2007, 11:55
Just a little curious about Armenia in XL 3.0, in the Early Era...it seems easyish compared to what I'd heard about Armenia in previous versions, but maybe it's just me. So VH, did you have any plans about making Armenia easier for this version or is it really just me?

seireikhaan
11-14-2007, 02:15
Well, for one, it is now possible to grab Antioch from the Byzantines, and then end up with automatic peace nearly immediately, due to the fact that you have no borders with the Byzantines, and they don't start with a navy. In the previous version, you would have to take Antioch from the Egyptians, who can summon far more numbers of men than you in the beginning. Plus, you would be leaving Lesser Armenia open to attack from the Turks more often than not, so if Egypt and the Turks end up allied, you could be facing quite a difficult game indeed. This change, in my opinion, makes the Armenians a bit more playable for many people, as their previous start was borderline brutal.

VikingHorde
11-14-2007, 21:50
@Digital
The Kwarazmiam Cavalry can only be build in Armenia, Syria, Mesopotamia, Edessa, Antioch, Georgia, Palestine, Tripoli, and Arabia. It should work okay, but let me know if it doesn't.

@Wladyslaw IV
I will try out the save file, early era could properly use some tweeking :yes:

@Hound of Ulster
Glad you like the mod ~:)

@Kaidonni
I have not tryed playing them yet, but Antioch could make the campaign easyer for them, as kamikhaan say.

Wladyslaw IV
11-15-2007, 04:40
Thank you VH, I take that as an honor ~:)

Digital
11-16-2007, 19:39
Hi, Viking Horde, I have tested it out for Antoich. It didn't work although I have the necessary buildings there, namely Master Spearmaker and Master Horsebreeder. I cannot build Kwarazmiam Cavalry. Is it because I installed the new version of the XL mod over the old version of the XL mod?

gregori99
11-17-2007, 12:53
Hi, Viking Horde, I have tested it out for Antoich. It didn't work although I have the necessary buildings there, namely Master Spearmaker and Master Horsebreeder. I cannot build Kwarazmiam Cavalry. Is it because I installed the new version of the XL mod over the old version of the XL mod?

Hi Digital,

The buildings you need are Horse Breeder's Guild, Spearmaker's Guild and Armourer's Workshop. You don't mention if you have the latter. I also installed v3 over the previous version with no problems (other than the one already mentioned to do with GA points) so far. I've also built Khwarazmian cavalry, though as the Turkish not the Egyptians, but the same file entry governs both.

Kaidonni
11-17-2007, 14:42
Hmmmm...recently, when starting campaigns in Early with GA on XL 3.0, I've had some CTD issues. Namely, Castile-Leon and Aragon. Now, these could just be random CTDs and the computer is just playing up (I have solutions in place for the other CTD issues, so I'm fine there *touch wood*). But, starting with Domination, it didn't CTD for said factions (although it seems to have stopped with GA - at least the last time I tried it out on Castile-Leon).

Thing is, yesterday I played a Quick Battle...and although Venice's flag was used, my side was labelled as the Italians...could this be to do with it, or is it possibly the way GA goals are affected by the 1080 start date?

Digital
11-17-2007, 16:20
Hi Digital,

The buildings you need are Horse Breeder's Guild, Spearmaker's Guild and Armourer's Workshop. You don't mention if you have the latter. I also installed v3 over the previous version with no problems (other than the one already mentioned to do with GA points) so far. I've also built Khwarazmian cavalry, though as the Turkish not the Egyptians, but the same file entry governs both.

Oh. The requirement for Khwarazmian cavalry in the guide is as mentioned by me in the guide. I didn't know that the requirements for v3 is changed. I do not have armourer's workshop in Antioch.

gregori99
11-17-2007, 19:01
I don't know if it changed in v3. I confess I haven't seen a detailed unit guide for XL, if one exists. I just looked in the unit_prod files, which would have been over-written when v3 was installed.

Calypze
11-20-2007, 00:36
Nice with a new version! I remember playing MTW XL 2.1 a quite long while ago. Great that there are still people modding for good old MTW.

I wonder if the map is enlarged in some way in 3.0. It's quite annoying that some factions are unnatural corner factions (natural corner factions would be factions that were naturally closed off by the sea, like the Scandinavian factions and the Brittish factions).

Zathernon
11-23-2007, 09:13
Thank you VikingHorde for 3.0.
I am having a great time with the Fatimids,( Eggies). Early GA, Expert, no border forts or spies and at Normal taxes. The Mosque is built in 1183.
Holding the neutral super power Castilians at Morrocco with six baggala's in the Straits of Gibraltar. The other super power, the Seljuks, are my ally.

Haven't had to deal with any Crusades. The HRE is in Rome.
Waiting for the Papal return and the Golden Horde before I make any move.
Diplomacy RULES !
Danke again VH. I also like what you did with the English and the French in Early.

It is now 1249 and my empire is Crete and Rhodes. I have not been this overrun since the MTW 1.0 days. Great mod !
I had no idea that baggalas could perform so poorly against barques in a all out naval war.

dancho
11-30-2007, 02:34
This is the BEST mod for ANY Totalwar game IMHO.

I want to make a suggestion that somebody might want to try...

I edited the file and changed the time required to build each unit from one turn (year) to FOUR.

What does this do?

It allows the AI to manage it's money. It really improves the game. Try it if you want to see some really cool stuff happening in MTW. Seriously, don't give yourself a brain hernia trying to figure out why it takes four years to build a "whatever" just try it. It makes the AI into an Nexus 6.

:balloon2:

gregori99
11-30-2007, 12:27
It's a fairly big modification for someone to make on the grounds of 'try it and see'.

Can you explain in more detail the effect of slowing down unit production for everyone? Are there more small-scale battles with fewer units, or less aggressive play by the AI? What do you mean by 'allows the AI to manage its money'? More information would be useful.

dancho
11-30-2007, 17:19
Well, I'll be happy to explain.

This information is for people who are familiar/comfortable with editing the CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT file and just want to play around with it (like me).

When I first discovered this XL mod (thanks to VH for this masterpiece) I had been fooling around with modifying MTW--with the goal being to create something like XL, but of course XL is so much better than what I was doing that I just abandoned my effort.

But, the one thing my mod had that XL didn't was the "four turns to build a unit" rule (I think that has been done in other mods but I don't recall which). I also increase the cost of a unit to TWO times the original cost. This is important, since otherwise the AI would just be rolling in cash all the time (and so would you!). (edit: I originally remembered that the cost was FOUR times, but I checked the file and it works best at TWO times.)

So, it's a trick based on the idea of "scaling." You spend the same amount, but it takes longer and you get 1/4 of the strength. The result is not that the AI gets smarter, really, but that the human player can't exploit the AI's stupidity as easily. The AI can't "think fast" and adjust building units to the strategic situation. If your unit production is slowed down, it gives the AI time to react. It also forces the AI NOT to spend, spend, spend. This gives the AI a "war chest" that it can invest when the need arises. It's a forced savings plan for the AI!

Anyway, I think it produces a very good effect. Battles with heavy casualties really hurt. The loser can lose the war in an afternoon, which is more "realistic," and the AI just seems to manage it's game much better. It also avoids the horrible "mega-horde" that you can get on HARD using the original build rate.

Peasant Phill
12-06-2007, 08:18
Can the papacy crusade in the new XL version?

Some time ago I played the papacy which had some crusades as a GA goal but couldn't build a chapter house. I tried to mod it myself but apparently I really stink at it and couldn't set it right.

sharpshooter
12-11-2007, 20:02
I've downloaded the mod:

VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe

but not yet installed it.

Is if there a way to have both the Mod and the Original on the same machine? I do have a partition.

Is there a unit guide for XL? I read of one somewhere, but searching hasn't allowed me to find this.

Thanks

Peasant Phill
12-12-2007, 08:22
I've downloaded the mod:

VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe

but not yet installed it.

Is if there a way to have both the Mod and the Original on the same machine? I do have a partition.

Is there a unit guide for XL? I read of one somewhere, but searching hasn't allowed me to find this.

Thanks

You can play both the XL and MTW VI if you want. The original campaing settings can still be selected when starting a campaign.

There isn't a unit guide in the sense of one document like the Frostbeastegg unit guide but there are faction guides for XL in the MTW section. Also there are 2 excel files in the game files that tell you the unit stats.

OmarPacha
01-06-2008, 16:25
:beam:
I've completed battle unit icons with MTW palette; now units added with XL3 will suit faction colours.

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/XL_ultimate_units_pack.rar

Cheers

axel
01-06-2008, 16:32
wot exacly is it mate?

axel
01-06-2008, 22:51
and where do i instal it? i really like to see it a specialy after the first building changes you made they are really good, you should put up somme screens mate so more modders cane see them, you are good

gregori99
01-07-2008, 13:17
I'll let someone else explain exactly what all these changes are for. Presumably some of the battle icons for these units could not adopt faction colours properly? Not sure about that but also there are new icons for some units.

Anyway, I think to install them, just unzip the rar file somewhere, then move (overwrite where necessary), as follows:

The contents of the Battle folder to Medieval - Total War->Battle->UnitIcons

The contents of campmap->Info_Pics to Medieval - Total War->campmap->Info_Pics->Units

The contents of campmap->review_panel to Medieval - Total War->campmap->review_panel->Units

I've done this myself and started a game with one of the updated units without a problem.

Geezer57
01-07-2008, 17:07

Download the Gnome Editor v2.0 ( http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Tools.shtml ) and use it to open the appropriate xxx_UNIT_PRODxx.TXT file. With a little practice, you can sort out all the info you need from there.

You don't really need to put alternate installations on another partition, just a different folder. If you have a working MTW-VI installation, just copy all the files and subfolders from it to another folder with a distinctive name (i.e.: MTW-XL Mod v3.0). Create a shortcut for the Medieval.exe file, and rename it to reflect the mod name. Then delete all the savegames from that copy, apply the mod to it, and drive on! Launch the game with your new shortcut. I've got five or six different variations of MTW on my computer (plain MTW, MTW+VI, BKB mod, Med mod, XL mod v2.0, XL mod v3.0, etc.), all in subfolders under the D:\Games\Total War\ folder, all coexisting peacefully! :yes:

axel
01-07-2008, 22:12
So you meen go in to programs- MTW folder -Medieval Total War folder, there are 2 MTW folders the main one and one in the main one i guess the second one to pick?:2thumbsup:

MJF
01-08-2008, 04:32
is there any way you can make gallowglasses and kerns buildable by all catholic factions in Ireland in XL 3.0??

Otherwise, I find Ireland is a completely useless province. Ireland as a faction never does anything and there is no point in conquering it as it has no funky units.

Wladyslaw IV
01-08-2008, 10:53
VH: This mod is certainly wonderful, the beauty of it is the many different possibilities. But I think it would be best, to start out with smaller buildings in all three periods, so the player can build basically from scratch and work his way up to better improvements and units.

Ok, it seems I did that for you ~:) I just want to do some basic testing, but IMO it will be more fun. Starting off with the weaker units and then only then after building have been upgraded will you get a fuller unit roster.

Question: Does every province have at least one building, or do I need to add some to a previously vacant province?

Wladyslaw IV
01-08-2008, 14:01
is there any way you can make gallowglasses and kerns buildable by all catholic factions in Ireland in XL 3.0??

Otherwise, I find Ireland is a completely useless province. Ireland as a faction never does anything and there is no point in conquering it as it has no funky units.

Yeah, I mean they're cool having in there, but don't have any real avenues to expand. I personally would like to see a Welsh faction, if there is room for just one more country.

gregori99
01-08-2008, 15:07

Go into your Medieval - Total War folder and open the file MTW_XL_EARLY_UNIT_PROD11.TXT. You can use an ordinary text editor but you might find it easier to use one of the MTW editors, Gnome or Dragon. I use the Dragon editor.

Find the entry for Gallowglass, then column 29, which has FN_IRISH in it (which means only the Irish can build Gallowglasses), and change it to ALL_FACTION. Column 33 already has an entry of CATHOLIC, so restricting them to Catholic factions. (If you just want the English to be able to build them as well as the Irish, add a comma followed by FN_ENGLISH in column 29 so it reads FN_IRISH,FN_ENGLISH). However, there is currently no region limitation on Gallowglasses so making them ALL_FACTION will allow all Catholic factions to build them anywhere. If you want to restrict this you will need to add a region(s) specification in column 30, e.g. ID_IRELAND or ID_IRELAND,ID_SCOTLAND. You'll hurt the Irish doing this but as you say they never expand anyway.

Treat the Kerns in exactly the same way.

Now open the file MTW_XL_HIGH_UNIT_PROD11.TXT, if you want to change Gallowglasses for a high period game. Currently Gallowglasses have a faction specification of FN_SCOTS in column 29, so you need to change this entry. But the Scots can build Gallowglasses anywhere, so again if you want to restrict this you will need to add a region(s) specification in column 30. Doing this would weaken the Scots though. Kerns are already ALL_FACTION but can only be built in Ireland.

For a late game, change the MTW_XL_LATE_UNIT_PROD11.TXT file in the same way as for high.

Don't forget to back up the files so you can go back the original XL settings if you want.

Hope this makes sense. It's much easier to see what needs to go where using the Dragon editor.

Belisario
01-08-2008, 17:11
:beam:
I've completed battle unit icons with MTW palette; now units added with XL3 will suit faction colours.

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/XL_ultimate_units_pack.rar

Cheers

Nice work, OmarPacha

I have noticed that your new icons (both bifs and lbms) use the same palette. What tools do you employ to save bif and lbm formats? I assume that Mithel Image Converter or Purpgrab/Seqgrab.

Wladyslaw IV
01-08-2008, 22:57
Well I'm sure everyone's beloved Irish will work out just fine. (VH must be having a binge induced nap, drunken viking... :laugh4: )

Oh, can they be kept (if not allready) all viking units throughout all periods? And I think Saxony should have viking units at their disposal as well.

MJF
01-09-2008, 01:46
cheers for that gregori99.

OmarPacha
01-09-2008, 12:20
Nice work, OmarPacha

I have noticed that your new icons (both bifs and lbms) use the same palette. What tools do you employ to save bif and lbm formats? I assume that Mithel Image Converter or Purpgrab/Seqgrab.

Could not get any satsfying output with Purpgrab /Seqgrab as these tools do not help removing black dots, I usually employ Ultimate paint and Irfanview.

Greetings

Heidrek
01-10-2008, 21:16
Hey, I've looked around but can't find a summary of the new units or changes to old units anywhere - is one available? I'd love to see all the new unit descriptions so I can pick my next faction of choice!

dimitrios the samian
01-11-2008, 22:55
Could not get any satsfying output with Purpgrab /Seqgrab as these tools do not help removing black dots, I usually employ Ultimate paint and Irfanview.

Greetings

Well done again Omar ... Perhaps sometime in the future you could start guide in the Lab to show those interested how you produce them succesfully and easily .. cheers DTS

seireikhaan
01-12-2008, 15:48
Omar, for some reason, whenever I download your file, it ends up as an openoffice writer file for some reason, rather than an actual, applicable download. Is the download not working for some reason, or is it somehow my comp?

axel
01-12-2008, 16:28
Hi kamikhaan
do you use download accelerator ?? if so go rightclick on your download icon and click disable browser intergration then you cane donwload the mod.
I did have this problem also with a copple of downloads.
I hope you succeed :2thumbsup:

seireikhaan
01-12-2008, 20:58
:gah:
I can't figure this out! The "download icon"? I'm thouroughly confumbled.

axel
01-12-2008, 23:37
Hi kamikhaan
if you like i got send it bij mail to you, just PM me your Email:2thumbsup:

Greetings

OmarPacha
01-13-2008, 11:25
Omar, for some reason, whenever I download your file, it ends up as an openoffice writer file for some reason, rather than an actual, applicable download. Is the download not working for some reason, or is it somehow my comp?

It is a .rar archive nothing else. Check if the '.rar' extension is associated with openoffice or other programs on your pc.

seireikhaan
01-13-2008, 22:23
Yes, it seems the .rar is associated with OpenOffice. I don't suppose there's any other way I can get it downloaded?

axel
01-13-2008, 23:31
Hi kamikhaan,
Look in your mailbox and your PM mail :2thumbsup:
Greetings

seireikhaan
01-14-2008, 01:15
I did, but unfortunately, I'm still getting the same problem, my computer seems to be interpreting the .rar file as an openoffice file, and thus, I just get a bunch of pages of gobbledygook if I try to open it, as opposed to actually having an install thingamajig.

gregori99
01-14-2008, 13:18
Instead of double-clicking on the file, right-click and select "open with", then browse to winrar if you've got it. OmarPacha's suggestion sounds like the most likely cause.

7-zip can also open a .rar archive.

Alternatively, fire up one of those unzipping programs, then open the file from there.

~P.X.~
01-14-2008, 20:14
hello guys. i don't know well English, but help me please :)
i like very much MTW Viking Invasion. but i have a problem , an error close MTW and send me to windows desktop . . . this problem was on my Pentium 4 , 2,4ghz 128mb radeon , and this trouble is present on my new Core Quadro 2,4 with geforce 8600GT. I did'n know how i can resolve this :( . I already installed MTW from a different source , but didnt resolve the problem. A newest versions of MTW i don't like , i love MTW Viking Invasion :'(
please sorry if i write this message not there where it is needed , please answer me. Thanks.:help:

~P.X.~
01-14-2008, 20:16
I'm from Moldova , Republic of. It between Romania and Ucraina.

~P.X.~
01-14-2008, 20:54
i have already installed patch VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe , but result is same:
MEDIEVAL_TW.EXE caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module MEDIEVAL_TW.EXE at 001B:0073CE1D
EAX=00257008 EBX=00254AEC ECX=0000736E EDX=0000004A ESI=00257730
EDI=11790298 EBP=00000000 ESP=0013C0E0 EIP=0073CE1D FLG=00010202
CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000
(null)

axel
01-14-2008, 22:20
Hi kamikhaan

look in your mail box and your PM mate

seireikhaan
01-15-2008, 01:47
Alright, got it working, Axel. Thanks a lot! :2thumbsup:

~P.X.~
01-15-2008, 16:39
thanks.

axel
01-15-2008, 22:48
Hi kamikhaan,
I am glad you got it working mate it wos no problem at all mate :2thumbsup:

Hi ~P.X.~
I dont know wot is giving you this problem it could be your video drivers, if i recall there are more people playing with duo core PC but with no problem . did you get you patches for Mtw VI before installing XL??? and where did you install XL in to ??

~P.X.~
01-16-2008, 00:09
i have installed from 3 different sources , first is my old CD and other 2 i have downloaded from web , one from our torrents site and 2 from russian site. out there nobody have my problem. i don't think so XL is the problem , because problem was before i have installed XL. what do you meen with "where did you installed in to" ? i have installed in game directory , not this is the problem , i think so my video drivers conflict with game , but it's a total new PC , why error is present in my old and new PC too ? what settings may cause this error ? from yesterday I play medieval total war 2, is a good game , beautiful , but i love the first edition . . . sorry for disturb.

~P.X.~
01-16-2008, 00:12
and sorry for my english too :)

Wladyslaw IV
01-16-2008, 23:20
VH, not sure if you opened a can of worms with your 3.0 release, but here is how I always wished XL was as far as buildings were concerned :laugh4:

Not much in any province, you build almost literally from the ground up. So those crappy, early units are going to have to win your wars at the beginning. Don't expect any good units until later.... :juggle2:

People and VH: just the EARLY_XL file. Nothing big. Took me a few hours but if you want to try it out, just make a copy of the original EARLY_XL and then drag this one in and replace it.

If you don't like it, dump your original back in and overwrite this one http://files.filefront.com/startpos+changes+XLEarlyzip/;9448095;/fileinfo.html

Thanks to Viking Horde and all hail his hours of boredom, and XL.. :clown:

Great Est.
01-18-2008, 17:00
I keep crashing to desktop after battles. I reinstalled VI and re-downloaded XL 3.0 and reinstalled to no avail. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I changed the screen resolutions to 860x860 for both battle and campaing maps and changed the battle camera option back to locked position, fired up a late Burgundian campaign and had no problems after the first battle.
Before I had battle resolution at 860 and campaign at 1024. Suspect this could have been the issue. Next I will try to raise both res settings to 1024.

Wladyslaw IV
01-29-2008, 13:09
I keep crashing to desktop after battles. I reinstalled VI and re-downloaded XL 3.0 and reinstalled to no avail. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I changed the screen resolutions to 860x860 for both battle and campaing maps and changed the battle camera option back to locked position, fired up a late Burgundian campaign and had no problems after the first battle.
Before I had battle resolution at 860 and campaign at 1024. Suspect this could have been the issue. Next I will try to raise both res settings to 1024.

Battle camera option? I'll have to find that and try it. Than I can get rid of this old video driver from July :smash:

billman8
01-31-2008, 20:39
I just down loaded MTW XL and ran the install software. It created a new directory C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War- Gold Edition\. All my MTW files are in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\. In order to get this to work shouldn't I copy all of the XL files into my original Total War directory and over my existing files? Do I still run MTW XL using the same MTW shortcut?

Raz
02-01-2008, 07:56
I just down loaded MTW XL and ran the install software. It created a new directory C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War- Gold Edition\. All my MTW files are in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\. In order to get this to work shouldn't I copy all of the XL files into my original Total War directory and over my existing files? Do I still run MTW XL using the same MTW shortcut?
Yes, and yes.

If that doesn't work, re-install it but change where it installs to.

From Here:
https://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1696/steponecv1.th.jpg (https://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steponecv1.jpg)
To Here:
https://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8522/steptwoah7.th.jpg (https://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steptwoah7.jpg)
Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Wladyslaw IV
02-07-2008, 02:01
This is the last time i attempt modding :furious3: :furious3:

3 hours. Tried to add the Irish to high period. TOTAL FRUSTRATION the damn thing wouldn't even load. (Game itself)

Who wants to do a community work on XL? Since VH has abandonded us, we should all pitch in for the perfect XL.

Raz
02-07-2008, 08:13
Perfect XL? I'd say it can't get much more perfect...
Also you can't get something larger than extra large. ~:joker:

Wladyslaw IV
02-07-2008, 22:41
Perfect than perfect would be like really... good.

:coffeenews: haha, take that smiley ~;)

PS: Ali rules.

n/m me. I'm just verrry tired today..

TosaInu
02-10-2008, 19:01
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?linkid=535

Zathernon
02-17-2008, 21:33
Twilight Zone Princess

Three times in XL 3.0 I have sent a princess to court a king only to have that particular king die while accepting the new bride. The new king nor any of the other princes or knights will have aquired a wife in that year.

Once with a Norwegian king , a Venetian Doge and the other I can't remember .

The last time the new doge was 18 years old and all of the princesses were under 24. Also there were no assasinations of the princesses.
Where did they go ? Did my princesses have the pox ?
Inquirering minds want to know.

Dominatrixx
02-25-2008, 20:49
Sorry for bothering but can anyone tell me why are "rebels" regiments in XL mod are so small? I've started a campaign for Novgorod and was quite confused when saw that nearby "free" provinces armies consist of 1-2, maximum 3 quite weak units 9like pikeman). SO the question is - is it a XL mod featere (strange feature if so) or it's some kind of bug? I use patched medieval 1.1 with Viking Invasion 2.01 and XL 3.0. :oops:

gunslinger
05-23-2008, 12:28
I downloaded the new XL mod onto the desktop of my new laptop. When I double-click it, nothing happens. I right-clicked and checked properties. It said the program was blocked because it was a download, so I unblocked it and clicked Apply. It still won't open, and MTW VI still doesn't show the XL campaigns. The icon on my desktop looks like a little document with a red "A" in the bottom, right corner. Any suggestions?

EDIT: In the properties screen it says this program should be opened with "HIPS Email Attachment Helper." Don't know if that helps. I've downloaded this huge file twice with the same results.

Tyberius
06-01-2008, 15:55
Twilight Zone Princess

Three times in XL 3.0 I have sent a princess to court a king only to have that particular king die while accepting the new bride. The new king nor any of the other princes or knights will have aquired a wife in that year.

Once with a Norwegian king , a Venetian Doge and the other I can't remember .

The last time the new doge was 18 years old and all of the princesses were under 24. Also there were no assasinations of the princesses.
Where did they go ? Did my princesses have the pox ?
Inquirering minds want to know.I think your princesses are some real hotties, the old man's heart just couldn't stand her...:clown:

jayban
06-02-2008, 23:51
Kudos to VH for this mod, it's one of the best I've seen.

Does anyone know how to add resources to a campaign mod? What files are involved?

Raz
06-03-2008, 10:13
Replied to, link (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1936989#post1936989). :2thumbsup:
If there's any parts that you don't quite get just ask. Also, always, always, always, ALWAYS back up any file that you modify to a safe folder that you won't accidentally delete. Copy them before you mod them to a folder on your desktop or something.
Did I mention that you must do this always?

VAE VICTUS
06-12-2008, 04:56
are any of the links for MTW mods working? for XL or BKB Super Mod?

VAE VICTUS
06-12-2008, 05:08
anytime i try to download from the site, the same screen pops up...am i missing something, or do these links no longer exist??

Kaidonni
06-12-2008, 10:02
The link to Atomic Gamer works. It then shows a bunch of links on that screen, one of which should be the XL 3.0 download. You click on that, wait a few minutes in a 'queue,' and then you can download the mod.

Ala al din
06-19-2008, 15:05
i when to go add in the golden horde in XL Early made sure every thing was right and i gave them khazar and a description in early XL list but when i start MTW early XL will not appear, what did i do wrong:help:, sry if this is the wrong place to post this and what is the golden khanate province and how is it important ?

Trotski12
06-19-2008, 22:35
Well, something strange : it crash, when starting a french campaign, or when acquiring some new buildings in scotland. Haven't tested it strictly, but there an error somewhere!

edit : so now i'm sure, some graphics make ctd. Don't know why

axel
07-08-2008, 18:57
Hi VH
is it possible to install Full 3.0 on MTW or must i install 2.0 and 2.1 patch first ?? any one:2thumbsup:

Martok
07-08-2008, 20:53
You should be able to just go straight to the 3.0 version.

axel
07-08-2008, 21:38
Thx mate,

I have to get this running on my old computer , the new one got 8600 gt magic ge force 512mb in it and wont run MTW:furious3: dammit i got a new PC 5600 amd dual core and it just wont run MTW

Tyberius
07-11-2008, 11:14
Perfect XL? I'd say it can't get much more perfect...
Also you can't get something larger than extra large. ~:joker:

Try Tyberius (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1965082) :verycool:

professorspatula
07-11-2008, 16:54
I don't know if it's down to your mod Tyberius, or the latest version of XL (I installed XL3 over 2, then your mod before trying XL3 by itself) but the Teutonics are missing a portrait for their inquisitors; the game just gives a minor annoying error about there being no portrait. Also they start with 2 Teutonic Knight units in Late, but they're of the normal Teutonic Knight variety in the campaign file, rather than the XLTeutonic Knight that you recruit afterwards so they can never be upgraded. Two very minor details though. Anyway, the mods have certainly made MTW more interesting.

Tyberius
07-11-2008, 18:23
I don't know if it's down to your mod Tyberius, or the latest version of XL (I installed XL3 over 2, then your mod before trying XL3 by itself) but the Teutonics are missing a portrait for their inquisitors; the game just gives a minor annoying error about there being no portrait. Also they start with 2 Teutonic Knight units in Late, but they're of the normal Teutonic Knight variety in the campaign file, rather than the XLTeutonic Knight that you recruit afterwards so they can never be upgraded. Two very minor details though. Anyway, the mods have certainly made MTW more interesting.The missing inquisitors portraits are my fault, but the teutonic knights are from the original mod, I'm making a small patch to correct that problems and others like the wrong animation for the norse archers axes (that are held backwards) the also wrong sword animation for all Mailhcav texture units, the lack of shooting animation for the almughavars and armoured almughavars among others.

Mithras
08-11-2008, 12:11
I'm finding 3.0 on my eras disk very crashy-help?

Kaidonni
08-11-2008, 12:16
I'd suggest making a visit to this thread, just in case you're suffering the usual CTD issues MTW suffers these days owing to more up-to-date hardware/software (graphics cards/drivers) and an old game: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79500

PS: If you try any fixes from that page, I personally recommend the campaign map button fix. That one seriously works wonders.

Dodge_272
09-08-2008, 17:04
This is a great mod, but it's quite unplayable for me at the moment as about one in ten turns I have freezes when 'thinking'. It's so annoying how do I fix it?

kiwitt
10-12-2008, 06:21
Just coming back to MTW:VI:XL after a long stint on Civ 4 and I discovered version 3.0 of XL.

I last used XL 2.1 - What is the difference between XL 2.1 and 3.0

William the Silent
10-14-2008, 23:30
I would not only try the XL3, but the Tyberias version (including XL3), mentioned on the bottom of the Guild page. It will tell you about the changes:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=107921

King Cumbraes
12-16-2008, 19:25
can anyone held me! i have installed the XL mod, however when i click 'new campaign' on the main menu. it only shows:
Viking Invasion
early period XL
early period
high period

i love the early period XL but im dying to play high XL and late XL please can anyone help me? have i loaded it wrong?

much love

king Cumbraes

Brandy Blue
12-17-2008, 03:22
I had the same problem. See if you can scroll down to see the missing options.

BlackKnight1234
07-24-2009, 13:27
When will come new version??????????
I CANT WAIT :d:d

Martok
07-24-2009, 15:20
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe 3.0 is VikingHorde's final update. Short of any patching needed for bug fixes -- and as far as I'm aware, there aren't any necessary right now -- this the final version.

CenturyGamer
09-22-2009, 16:36
Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe 3.0 is VikingHorde's final update. Short of any patching needed for bug fixes -- and as far as I'm aware, there aren't any necessary right now -- this the final version.

Is it? That sucks. The balancing is pretty bad with factions, portugal always gets gangraped by spain or the almoravids, and the same sort of thing is happening to other minor factions like new armenia and bavaria too, its only rarely that they survive and make little kingdoms, but playing them is even harder.. the cumans havent got enough variety of cavalry to compensate for their shitty infantry.. cant build peasants anymore etc etc. Just some annoying things.. minor factions dont get much of a fair start most of the time..

vilueverainge
11-26-2009, 22:45
Ah, "Rome: Total War"... I know... I wanted to try it after the Medieval one...

Vantek
12-07-2009, 15:45
Can someone tell me why I can't make Gallowglasses? The mod info files seem to indicate that only a Swordsmith is required for them, and the Swordsmith Guild (which I haven't built yet) does not list them as units made available. XL, Hard, started in high.

https://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m21/Vantek/MTW/nogallowglass.jpg

gregori99
12-11-2009, 00:33
You definitely can. Were you able to build them before but now can't? That might indicate you lose the ability at a certain date.

If you've never been able to build them, I don't know. I can build them in my game. But I'm not up to 1264.

blackjack83
12-11-2009, 10:56
hi guys, xl is a excellent mod, but I found some names could not translate in my computer. Like this

!!!Machiavelli!!! could not translate.

Could someone help me?

Vantek
12-11-2009, 11:06
I am not aware of any era restrictions on the Gallowglasses, let alone them being restricted to only Early.

EDIT: haha blackjack, I just yesterday also noticed such a name. I don't think it has any significant effect on the gameplay though.

blackjack83
12-11-2009, 11:34
Yes Vantek,that's not a significant effect, but that is not perfect for MTW, and There are other names such as !!! Hung Ch'a-Ch'i u !!! !!! KNroly !!! also can not translate, I want to remove these useless name and play again

Brennus
11-30-2010, 16:14
Hi there!

In the Europa Barbororum II people were discussing the limit of faction slots, during this discussion somebody mentioned the Medieval: Total War XL mod and how it had a vast array of factions so I thought I would check it out.

I always preferred Viking Invasion over the original campaign in no small part due to the absence of several regional powers such as Scotland, Portugal and Norway from the original campaign (plus Picts rule!), however you seem to have blown that problem clean out of the water. Excellent job!

I was therefore wondering if this mod is still available for download and what the requirements are for its installation?

Raz
12-02-2010, 15:24
If I can recall correctly, the requirements are simply MTW (original) + VI (expansion) + v2.01 Patch. They're all included in the Gold Edition if you have that (I think, heh).

The download links are available on the first post of the first page of this thread - Here. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?31201-Medieval-Total-War-XL&p=473735&viewfull=1#post473735)

Links appear to be operational, you'll either end up here:
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/64649/vh_mtw_xl3_full-exe
OR here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JC3S4Q6L

Either one seems fine.
Pretty much all the information you need is on that first post.

Good luck, have fun and may XL serve to extend the enjoyment that the original Medieval: Total War provided! :bow:

Brennus
12-02-2010, 19:07
Thank you!

Brennus
12-03-2010, 18:34
Is it normal for the Irish campaign to crash?

edyzmedieval
02-08-2011, 19:26
Just want to leave a short message expressing my appreciation for this incredible mod.

I had forgotten how good this was. Thank you VikingHorde. I hope you'll get to read this. :bow:

iLeeT_PeeP
03-30-2012, 14:45
Hello all. I just encountered something ive never seen before. Im new to the XL mod and I have XL Mod 3.0 + Tiberius 2.0 Final plus the 2.1 and 2.2 patches. I took over a province from rebels and it had nothing built on it. I built some Watch Towers and then I built a Muster Field. However the recruit button doesnt illuminate in that province and I cannot recruit a Peasant Levy from that province. Is there a reason why? Do I also need a castle on it? It says "Muster Field" Alone enable the training of Peasant Levy. However I cannot recruit anything in the province... Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Is it a bug?

drone
03-30-2012, 17:51
Welcome to the Org, iLeeT_PeeP! ~:wave:

I don't have access to game files at the moment, have you checked the Peasant Levy line in the unit prod for other restrictions?

Axalon
03-30-2012, 20:47
Do I also need a castle on it?

This... Answer: yes....

- A

iLeeT_PeeP
04-03-2012, 18:06
Yep yer right a castle was needed in order to recruit. One more question...

How do you cross armies from Spain into Morroco?

I know in Vanilla they can cross right over but in XL they cannot?

daigaku
04-03-2012, 20:13
Hi to all,

by this thread I´ve been lured into playing this mod.

VikingHorde, thanks for making the best game ever something....sorry, can´t find words for the respect I feel for this tremendous masterpiece of work.

Had tried some minor changes myself (danes as pagans, terrorizing all cristianity as they did historically correct in the 9th and10th century, for example), but XL3 - again, thanks for that!

Stumbled over a problem: Starting Lithuanians/early/GA I invade Prussia in the first turn, and the game crashes if I press the"attack" - button. Any suggestion?

Greetings from the Blackforest,

daigaku

daigaku
04-06-2012, 15:43
Hi,

got the problem with Lithuania/CTD solved. In Vanilla, the LithCav can dismount to Archers, and already there I enabled the bow mounted (used to play mostly as the Danes, getting some usable Cav this way taking Livonia as GA). Hadn´t recognized, that with the MOD there was no ammo...

Was that really meant, to strip those guys down to some mere LightCav?

greetings, daigaku

karenx90
07-05-2012, 02:25
great mod

edyzmedieval
03-27-2013, 01:35
Time to download and play this amazing mod once more!

The Outsider
04-02-2013, 11:02
Time to download and play this amazing mod once more!

Yep. Thats exactly what im gonna do now. I wish that viking horde was still here to see the continious sucess of his mod.

The Outsider
04-02-2013, 12:15
Ok guys, I have installed the mod with the tyberius 3 version on my windows 8 pc. However, the campaigns dont start. Just when the loading seems to end, the game crashes to desktop. I have searched the web for a solution but nothing comes up and many people seem to have this issue with windows 8. None of the compatibilty mods work and I also tried the button fix solution. Nothing. This is deeply annoying since I was really prepeared to play as cumans and crush everything visible. Anyhow, if anyone has a solution for this please let me know.

CountMRVHS
10-07-2013, 00:03
Is there any way to get this mod from another site other than 3ddownloads? When I try to download it, I get an error message saying it's essentially a virus and won't let me download.

I'd really love to give this mod a try - any suggestions please?

drone
10-07-2013, 00:50
Try the Atomic Gamer link I added to post #1, that's the Org's host and should still be valid.

CountMRVHS
10-07-2013, 03:19
Thanks - I had been trying with Internet Explorer; when I switched to Google Chrome I didn't get that error message and was able to download fine.

Quick follow up - I have no experience with using mods for MTW, so if XL isn't to my taste, how difficult would it be to uninstall and get back the vanilla game?

drone
10-07-2013, 04:02
The best way to use mods with MTW is to first install a fresh copy and patch it to 2.01. Then all you need to do is copy that whole directory (name it something related to the mod) and install the mod over top of that copy. Create a desktop shortcut for the copy if the mod doesn't do it for you. To uninstall just delete the copy, you don't need the Windows install/unistall capability for anything.

CountMRVHS
10-07-2013, 13:05
Ah, cool. I've currently got a clean (unmodded) VI 2.01 - so all I do is copy that and then install the mod over it. Nice, thanks again! :)

dickey1331
02-10-2014, 07:55
This Mod is just amazing. Really brings out more fun in MTW. Thank you VH!

Mycotroph
06-26-2015, 00:35
downloaded from the Atomic Gamer link but when i load up MTW Viking invasion nothing has changed tried drag an dropping the folder from downloads to the MTW folder on my hard drive but still nothing just looking for help super excited to try this out with the new Factions

drone
06-26-2015, 07:08
downloaded from the Atomic Gamer link but when i load up MTW Viking invasion nothing has changed tried drag an dropping the folder from downloads to the MTW folder on my hard drive but still nothing just looking for help super excited to try this out with the new Factions

The best way to run MTW mods is to keep a fresh install of the game and copy the whole directory for each mod you want to run. The game doesn't use much disk space by today's standards, so it's not going to eat your hard drive. Copy the install to a new directory called "MTW XL" or similar, and then run the downloaded XL installer onto that directory. Can't remember if the XL installer creates a desktop shortcut, but you can do that yourself if not.

dimitrios the samian
11-22-2018, 06:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX19rtw7nUQ

edyzmedieval
11-28-2018, 21:51
I'm quite surprised and excited to see that XL Mod / BKB Mod are played after so many years... :yes:

Biges
06-08-2020, 07:28
I'm not quite pleased with the vanilla MTW setup, going to try the mod! :)

Saw this on youtuve looks good .

I installed the game to the VI and I went to and installed the mod but nothing shows up.It is just the regular game .I got it from another site and it is working now nice mod would be nice for a Vikings era XL to raid France .

dickey1331
04-05-2023, 10:42
I was able to get this mod to work on the steam deck. Thank you again for creating this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro