PDA

View Full Version : new trade insight

squippy
04-06-2004, 11:44
Now that I am able to use the Economy parchment to view the provinces with which my own provinces are trading, some of the mist and fog has cleared. So this is a post especially aimed at the poster who was asking a little while ago why they wer eunable to trade between two provinces despite them being connected.

The answer is: because they were under blockade by a third party.

I'm the Russians, the hungarians and Italians are fighting over constantinople, I have ships in the black sea and the little channel which name I forget. Without one of their ships in that channel, I can trade with constantinople. If the privince i owned by the hungarians, and an italian ship is there however, the coast is under blockade and will not trade with me.

Red Yak
04-06-2004, 12:26
So even if you aren't at war with the Italians, you still won't be able to trade with Hungarian held Constantinople because the Italian ships are blockading the Hungarian territory. In essence, they are not stopping your ships, but stopping any trade goods going in or out of Constantinople.

Is that right? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-confused.gif

Sternness
04-06-2004, 12:41
So this is cutting all of your trade outside of the black sea off? You're stuck waiting until they come to an agreement, constantinople changes hands or you declare war and clear the troublesome ships out of the way? You're not already at war with either country?

I'm also playing as the Russians right now, and the Italians have been pounding the living daylights out of Turky-controlled Constantinople by sea for ages now, and it hasn't affected my trade routes. I mean, despite the war going on there, Kiev is still exporting goods to Greece.

katank
04-06-2004, 15:34
I think he meant province specific trade.

due to you not being at war with either, your route are not affected although specific blockaded province cannot trade with you.

Poison Arrow
04-06-2004, 16:11
Thanks Squippy, good catch. I am playing a early Byz camp. right now and am trying to build them into a dominate sea force, so that's good to know.

Malcolm Big Head
04-06-2004, 18:31
Yet another reason to sink every boat owned by a faction you can get a quick auto ceasefire out of. It may cost you a bit of tax off of imports but I am a violent hateful person and I like to sink ships. Besides they are making more money off of their goods that are sold than I am off of the import taxes. Even better...sink the ships and pillage the territory they were made so it will be a few years before the rebels or new owners get around to making another boat to litter my sea. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-furious3.gif