PDA

View Full Version : Questions, Questions....

BalkanTourist
04-07-2004, 22:29
I hate to be brief but I have 3 questions I need help with.
1. What is the importance of the deep sea sectors (like Atlantic Ocean)? There is no trade or invasion possible so why have ships there?
2. I just modded the game to have the Papacy playable. What happens with excommunications? Do I (THE PAPACY) get excommunicated for agression against fellow christians?
3. My modding skills are enough just to change a faction from Minor to Major, but I am working on that. ONce I make factions playable by switching major/minor, what other typical changes do I need to do. Also I want to put some text in the campaign menu where there is some info for each faction at start of the game. How do I do that?
Thanks in advance

VikingHorde
04-07-2004, 22:38
1: The deep sea sector are larger, making you trops go longer away. I you want to have ships from spain to constantinopel, you will need less ships but get less trade.
2: Don't know, have not tryed it.
3: I think you only need endgame pics and glory shields (if you play GA). The faction descipsions are in the loc/eng/changes.txt (english version). Let me know if you need more info.

Monk
04-07-2004, 22:48
If you play as the pope, the ability to excom is gone. Sorry but its just not possible (i could be wrong but i dont think you can)

katank
04-07-2004, 22:54
in response to deep sea question, it's quite important.

a deep sea borders several other zones so keeping a ship in every deep sea zone means that trade routes are less likely cut due to a storm or blockade in 1 sea zone.

furthermore, deep sea ships can move through these zones to reach places faster for naval combat.

also, deep water fleets while the AI doesn't ahve one means that you can raid his shipping while he can't even touch you

VikingHorde
04-07-2004, 23:06
Quote[/b] (katank @ April 07 2004,23:54)]in response to deep sea question, it's quite important.

a deep sea borders several other zones so keeping a ship in every deep sea zone means that trade routes are less likely cut due to a storm or blockade in 1 sea zone.

furthermore, deep sea ships can move through these zones to reach places faster for naval combat.

also, deep water fleets while the AI doesn't ahve one means that you can raid his shipping while he can't even touch you
Jepp, forgot about that http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-blush.gif