PDA

View Full Version : Crusades (just in time for the Holy Days)

Don Corleone
04-09-2004, 12:14
I just discovered you can't declare more than one active crusade against a faction at a time. Kinda sucks cause I really like taking multiple avenue attacks (strategically speaking) but c'est la vie. Can you declare another crusade against a differerent faction (one active vs. the Elmos, one active vs. the Eggys, etc)?

ThijsP
04-09-2004, 12:21
In the manuel says you cant and I believe that too.
Sorry.

Maybe it can be modded?

Leodegar
04-09-2004, 13:19
Quote[/b] (Don Corleone @ April 09 2004,06:14)]Can you declare another crusade against a differerent faction (one active vs. the Elmos, one active vs. the Eggys, etc)?
no you canĀ“t. when trying to start another one the pope tells you just to resolve your first one.

sometimes this is really annoying. especially if you sit with a crusade with hundreds of peasants (which is very likely if you had to travel through many provinces) next to your well guarded objectiv province and have no chance to conquer it. the only thing then is launching each year an attack and trying to loose as much as possible until your crusade is destroyed.

motorhead
04-09-2004, 13:22
You can have multiple crusades in certain conditions. If you launch crusade-1 against the Turks, then a few turns later the pope requests a crusade against faction X, you can launch one against them. The only way to have two crusades against one faction is if your first crusade launches, the pope later calls for a crusade against the same faction, then you can launch a 2nd crusade against the same faction.

WorkNeglecter
04-09-2004, 14:02
Quote[/b] (Leodegar @ April 09 2004,07:19)]the only thing then is launching each year an attack and trying to loose as much as possible until your crusade is destroyed.
If you're in a rush, you can disband all the units in your crusade. You lose influence http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/flat.gif but at least you get to launch a new one. In medmod crusades take ten years to build, so it's not such a big problem.

VikingHorde
04-09-2004, 16:24
Quote[/b] (motorhead @ April 09 2004,14:22)]You can have multiple crusades in certain conditions. If you launch crusade-1 against the Turks, then a few turns later the pope requests a crusade against faction X, you can launch one against them. The only way to have two crusades against one faction is if your first crusade launches, the pope later calls for a crusade against the same faction, then you can launch a 2nd crusade against the same faction.
OK, did not know that. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

oblivious maximus
04-09-2004, 16:37
Quote[/b] (WorkNeglecter @ April 09 2004,06:02)]In medmod crusades take ten years to build, so it's not such a big problem.
Im not a big fan of this. It also cost thousands of florins.
I generally dont like crusades every year anyway because i dont want to support all those troops after its done.I like having one at all times but than my chapter house gets raided.

Where is the crusade cost adjusted in medmod? MM building stats?

octavian
04-10-2004, 00:41
i posted something similar to this b4, so i'll just do an abbreviated version of one campaign i did. i was spanish, staying fairly conservative on the penninsula, when all of a sudden the pope declares the italians x-commed. a few turns later, he asks for all christian nations to crusade against the italians. of course, me being the pious christian king i am http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif i immediatly attacked (all pure and holy motives as well, no material motives on my part) long story short, i ended up having 5 crusades.

katank
04-10-2004, 01:02
5 crusades? holy cow.

niceness, me gonna sit on a pile of crusade markers and wait for popesta to ask for em crusades now.

@maximus,

go check MM_unit stats file. crusades, jihads and agents are near the very bottom.

I actually like the way Wes handles it as in real life it was a major undertaking and also involve many more troops so they couldn't be swatted like flies (against the egyptian horde, etc).

oblivious maximus
04-10-2004, 04:01
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cheers.gif