PDA

View Full Version : Raiding Penalties

YAKOBU
05-05-2004, 11:48
Hi everyone

2 questions on raiding:

As the English I would like to build up the valor of some of my units by raiding Scotland in VI.

If I raid and then withdraw before killing all the rebels are there any penalties or -ve V&V's?

Will the rebels replenish their losses?

I know another option is to take Scotland then destroy all buildings until a revolt occurs but they never seem to occur for me as my loyalty is always too high. May be due to my easy setting http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-oops.gif

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

WorkNeglecter
05-05-2004, 12:52
Quote[/b] (YAKOBU @ May 05 2004,12:48)]If I raid and then withdraw before killing all the rebels are there any penalties or -ve V&V's?

Will the rebels replenish their losses?
In my experience if you engage and then withdraw without routing, you don't get the coward vice.

I often raid with catapults in bridge battles to get their valour up, then withdraw without trying to cross the bridge.

The rebels generally won't replenish because they have no money.

Works in MTW 1.1.

katank
05-05-2004, 16:34
actually, the scottish rebels are not that broke.

they often pump out clansmen and can even build up pictish cav on their own.

I would say take it and keep it revolting to train your troops.

keep the province as clansmen are very useful.

bribing welsh longbows mean that you can knock out the clansmen easily esp. if they are already hardened by combat in france. (hmm sounds historical in the tactics against scottish rebels even though I actually succeed in wiping out the French entirely)

Oaty
05-06-2004, 04:14
I could be wrong but don't rebel share money? What really makes the rebels broke is the fact that they lose money when you confiscate there land

Mablung
05-06-2004, 05:36
Yes they do share money, I upped farming income and started playing. The rebels built up their provinces and armies. I saw Scotland with 80% farming and no-one else had held it.

Doug-Thompson
05-06-2004, 14:22
Revolts happen more on harder settings.

Accounting Troll
05-06-2004, 20:52
I think it is the support cost of 3,000 soldiers in a province that has just rebelled that bankrupts the rebels.

In the VI campaign, I've seen the rebels of Strathclyde build up their province and churn out more soldiers.

When I want to induce a few rebellions to give my troops some practice, I give the governorship of Scotland or Portugal to a general with some happiness reducing vices. Assassinator is best because any province he governs suffers a 40% drop in loyalty.

katank
05-06-2004, 23:02
well, I just move troops out and delete the border fort to reduce happiness.

then, they can rebel constantly.

rebels do share cash so making sahara 50k or more makes rebels quite strong.

I still see Scotland as one of the more actively building rebel provinces though.