PDA

View Full Version : Medieval installation errors

Revelation
05-06-2004, 08:17
Had MTW installed and recently installed the VI expansion. Then tried installing the Hellenic total war mod, but alas it did not work. I then completely uninstalled both MTW and VI and tried for a fresh install. Now it will only install up to 39% and shutdown due to a installation error. Something like a wav file transfer error. Always at 39% and always some sort of wav. I tried a fresh windows xp installation and played with a few settings but being a complete pc retard have little hope of resolving the problem without some sort of help. Anyone have any ideas please? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all.

InsaneApache
05-06-2004, 08:44
Hi and welcome to the org.
It sounds as tho ur cd may have a flaw....have you tried system restore? That might help.

InsaneApache

Gregoshi
05-07-2004, 06:00
Since you are in a Hellenic situation with your install, I'm moving this to the Apothecary. You can reply to the topic there.

If you have the opportunity, try installing it on another computer. That should tell you if it is a bad CD issue or not. Then if it is not a bad CD, try deleting the MTW folder and trying again. Sometimes, stuff gets left behind during an uninstall.

Lastly, post your system specs (hardware & software) to help the techno-wizards troubleshoot the problem.