PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menus

Lord Rom
06-28-2004, 09:43
I prefer not to have all the drop down menus for the dual-link topics. I'd rather just have both choices on the page or the next page. Sometimes I start to scroll and just end up changing the drop menu choice...and that ends up sending me there when what I really wanted to do was scroll on down. IMHO they don't improve ease of access anyway.
Keep up the excellent work,
thx Rom.

Mouzafphaerre
06-28-2004, 14:50
-
IMHO, modifying the dropdown links so that they will open in a new window would solve your problem. Personally, I like the dropdown menus.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/ht_bow.gif
_

TosaInu
06-28-2004, 17:52
Hello Lord Rom,

I'm not sure what you mean. You mean the dropdown in the forumindex that bring you to the subforums? It's possible to click on the 'normal' name and it will bring you to the index of that entire category. You click on The Dungeon for example and you'll see all mod forums in it.

The dropdowns are just an extra method to navigate, the normalmethod works as well. Did you know that clicking on any category title is possible?

Lord Rom
06-29-2004, 13:09
Yes Tosa, the part I don't like is when I try to scroll down without clicking away from the drop down menu. It sends me back into one of the menuchoices instead of scrolling down the main page. The net also has added similar windows, to their quotes of all things. Scrolling can be frustrating when your mouse hits one of these windows by mistake.
It's just a preference on my part, no biggie. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

TosaInu
06-29-2004, 14:07
Hello Lord Rom,

I understand. There's a 'trick' for that. When you hit the scrolldown to visit a forum in say the Dungeon, but you change your mind because you see an interesting new topic in the Apothecary, you select Forums in this subcategory so it's highlighted. Then left click outside the scrollmenu and continue like normal.

The problem you describe often happens to me too.