PDA

View Full Version : Multiple installs and patching HTW 3.1

flip
07-08-2004, 04:24
This is from the TW.com forum, posted by Marduk

>>First off... (calculates...) 5 hours, 40ish minutes (say 6 hours unless you get real bad download rates) probably would be good to use a download manager, in case you get disconnected

second... you could either use a fresh install of MTW/VI and patch it to 2.01, or (if your main medieval folder isnt changed in any way, and if you have a substantial section of free hard drive space -2.5gigs) copy the entire Medieval-Total War directory to the same Total War folder (or somewhere else) and then rename the copy to Hellenic Total War

after downloading the HTW 3.1.exe file, you simply open up the self-extracting exe and browse to the copied folder which is called Hellenic Total War or whatever you chose to name it, and install... it will even place an icon on your desktop :)

the installer for the mod will place a program group on your start menu called Hellenic Total War, which includes an uninstall option, which will remove the mod, but not Medieval, thereby reverting it to the un-modified version

if you do not have enough room, or dont want to make a copy of the entire MTW folder, you can simply install the mod to the default Medieval folder, however, standard medieval total war, won't work properly while the mod is installed. With two separate folders, you can play Medieval from one and HTW from the other.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
07-10-2004, 08:19
I have a MTW:VI v2.01 version always on my disk that i use as a back-up.
So every time i want to try a new mod or have serious problems i just copy/paste this back-up MTW file to a new folder.
So no disk installs anymore maybe a tip for those with enough disk space...

CZoF http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif