PDA

View Full Version : Port not destroyed when invading by sea

afrit
07-24-2004, 12:10
I always thought that when you invade by landing a marine force, the port always gets destroyed in the target province. But I just captured Constatinople with its port intact from the Byzantines

I guess it is because Cons was a citadel when captured which protected its internal structures. The other possibility is that I landed the army via the Aegean sea which does not have Cons port (which is on Marmara, which was blocked by enemy ship at the time).

anyone know the rules about port destruction?

afrit

RollingWave
07-25-2004, 05:31
Well yes the more well built a province is the less likely a individual structure get's destroyed....

So far though... i'm sure if u invade a province run by a different religion the religion structure it has will always be sacked... and border forts are usually quiet likely to be destroyed..... other thinsg though seems kind of random.

Sociopsychoactive
07-26-2004, 00:19
I'm not sure, you;d have to ask someone who knows the game code well to find out for certasin, but I think buildings have a 'chance to get destroyed in an attack' rating.

It seems the watch tower/border fort, the castle, the religious buildings, the port and a few others are the most likely to get destroyed. For castle and towers they often go down one level, castle to keep, border forts to towers, or even castle + ring wall down to castle