PDA

View Full Version : Team for a Better Total war

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-24-2004, 15:05
We have been working on a mod for mtw vi that is designed to be more like a patch to the game. No unit stats have been changes, some unit speeds adjusted, and some unit costs increased or decreased. So far through test at 10k a lot more units are now worth taking, spearmen are much tougher and Arab factions now tend to be on equal terms with euro factions. I was hoping that other clans would give it a try and comment on it. So far in our tests it has been very fun and much more balanced and hope you like it to.

Thanks for your time.
VDM Sacrifice and the team for a better VI.
form; http://p209.ezboard.com/bclanofvalidusduxmundus

V202f www.geocities.com/mcpheei...epage.html

Ein
07-24-2004, 15:41
http://www.geocities.com/mcpheeian/homepage.html

As clost to a patch as I have seen.

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-24-2004, 16:34
Thanks for fixing that link Ein. https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/medievalcheers.gif

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-25-2004, 23:15
Here is a little of what where working on. All work has been done by the team of testers and all mod work was done by VDM Ein.

This mod is a simple mod to correct the balance of game play in MTW VI 201. Currently causes no conflicts with any origninal MTW games, so no need to make a second install of mtw to play mod.

This mod can be played at any florin level but be warned lower florin game will have lower moral troops for no stats have been changed. Also cheaper units will tend to be more effective in low florin games where in higher florin games they will not be so. Units should now match up better both on a valor level and florin level. Simialr price units should have close battles and higher florin or valor units should win.

I hope these small changes make the game more balanced and less focused on a few pumped up units.

7-23-4 So far all high games at 10k have been far more balanced and engaging than first thought. Fast cav now can play a huge role in combat doing things normal or heavy cav never could. Pav wars as we knew them so far are a thing of the past.

Sociopsychoactive
07-25-2004, 23:19
is this mod suitable for SP use aswell? Does it change anything other than uit things, like building things?

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-25-2004, 23:29
No not at this time its still a beta. But you can play MP in all the era. Low high and late. Also Custom battles.

Ein
07-25-2004, 23:45
I guess I worded it on my page alittle confusing for some. The install doen't affect single player or normal mp games, you can still play them and select the v202 mod.

As for single player I would guess it would work too, after all the units have the same stats and prices are not changed that much, so it should effect single player all that much. You could try it I guess I don't see why it wouldn't work, because I changed nothing in the build part of the program just units. If you like you can go to my page or the vdm page and ask me to make a single player install with a backup to go back to the orignal game if you don't like it.

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-25-2004, 23:49
Here is the download URL as some have said they didnt know what one to download. This one is for all eras

V2.2f (http://www.geocities.com/mcpheeian/Savefiles/v202f.zip)

There will be an update comeing soon. As the mongols are haveing a tuff time. Where looking hard at history stuff trying to find something they would have had But dont. Only thing so far that we have found is that.

cav archers

The long bow was used when they were fighting at long range and the composite bow was used in a charge and in fighting from the saddle at close quarters. The composite bow had a pull of 166 pounds and was deadly accurate at a range of 200 to 300 yards. The horse archers carried three quivers each containing different types of arrows for different ranges and uses. One type could penetrate armor,

In addition to mounted archers, the army had both light and heavy cavalry. The light cavalry carried bows and javelins, and the heavy cavalry carried lances with hooks on the ends, and sometimes maces. They both carried sabers for hand to hand fighting. Shields were generally used when on guard duty. Eventually their light artillery used various missile-throwing machines, mangonels, catapults.

If you have any Ideas for mongols post it here And we can see what we can make.