PDA

View Full Version : Crash in MTW

07-28-2004, 15:22
Help needed here. I have successfully run two or three campaigns using the English and the Byzantines and am now playing the Germans (Holy Roman Empire). I have got to 1282 and am in a strong position: I control all of Northern Europe with the exception of a small Anglo-French buffer zone between me and the Almohads. I have the Byzantines and Hungarians in check and control the Atlantic, North Sea, Baltic and the Western Med. I have sent a strong Army on a scorched earth campain into Spain and North Africa with a view to harrassing the Almohads and grinding down their economy before launching an invasion proper. The plan is to loot Morrocco and Granada and then pull out the bulk of my Army, leaving a small garrison in the strong fortresses in these provinces. Every time I execute the plan the game crashes. Is there a bug in the German module? Any assistance re how to get round this would be welcome.

Spartiate
07-28-2004, 16:31
Welcome to the ORG NickJ.
Have you modded the game in any way.Unit modding and other changes if done incorrectly sometimes do not cause problems until those particular units are involved in a battle(player controlled battles).
Also,what version of the game are you playing.Is it MTW or MTW:VI.

ah_dut
07-28-2004, 17:27
welcome to the org nickj modding may be the problem, use gnome to restore the defaults

Ambassador Sacrifice
07-29-2004, 01:49
Hi and welcome

I had this same problem at one time. Just stuff in the PC over time gets screwy. If you have not done any moding with mods or have changed any maps with the editer. Then find you saved campain in you TW or VI folder and save it to a safe place. Unistall your VI or TW game and then reistall it. Then put in any patches that you where useing if any. Then move the saved file back to you saved games folder in VI or TW folder. Should be fixed. Hope I helped.