PDA

View Full Version : #### annoying V&V's

Marquis of Roland
07-28-2004, 20:01
Just my luck when I don't have too much to do at work so I can visit the forum it had to be down....Thanks for putting up this temp. forum though tosa.

So how many people get those annoying vices? I am playing Spanish right now owning pretty much everything from Spain to the Black Sea. I am getting a lot of exlcusive trader, outlaw, unhinged loon, inbred and a bunch of other vices that is just killing my income in every way. How do I stop these vices? I'm thinking I need to keep my gov. in his province more but not really sure.

Oh yea, my royalty is getting chinless wonder and perversion (what the #### is wrong with spanish royalty they're all perverted great warriors lol). I'm thinking this is happening because no other country wants to send me a princess because I'm at war with them, but they're spreading into my generals too. It's getting so bad I'm getting odd-number of toes now.

I now control a large land but can't build anything. Need help before those #### 9* byz generals figure out just how inbred my faction is

Dîn-Heru
07-28-2004, 20:12
This is a feature that occours when you are the biggest guy around. Just conquer the rest as soon as you can.

Mablung
07-28-2004, 20:34
As Din said it happens when you are the biggest faction (number of provinces). Known as the bloat feature, it gets quite bad at 50% of the provinces. It is just another challenge for the player when they start to dominate (like the huge rebellions/re-emergences when there are only a few provinces outside your control.

Marquis of Roland
07-28-2004, 23:22
Those huge rebellion/re-emrgence doesn't bother me; since I control the sea lanes, I can drop any general within a province of any rebelling land. Rebellion/re-emergence is actually good for me; it gives my lower valor men an opportunity to level up.

I have decided to send all my perverted/inbred generals to Khazar to wait for the horde, and hopefully Prince Batu will take care of my little inbreeding situation (and hopefully they'll take out a couple mongols too). http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Ludens
07-30-2004, 14:03
Quote[/b] (Marquis of Roland @ July 29 2004,04:01)]Oh yea, my royalty is getting chinless wonder and perversion (what the #### is wrong with spanish royalty they're all perverted great warriors lol). I'm thinking this is happening because no other country wants to send me a princess because I'm at war with them, but they're spreading into my generals too. It's getting so bad I'm getting odd-number of toes now.
Actually, marrying foreign princesses does not help against inbred vices. It only gets you hiers faster. Inbred are 'random', though they do occur more when you have a lot of provinces (40% and 60% of provinces are the trigger point if I remember correctly) and also seem to have a nasty habit of turning up in very important generals/govenors.

Papewaio
07-30-2004, 16:07
So no vices and virtues don't have a higher chance based on the King... I thought I saw Great Warrior far more often in my Princes once I had a King with it in a Danish campaign, and odd number of toes far more often with the English... or is that coding for historical accuracy ?http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ludens
07-30-2004, 21:11
Quote[/b] (Papewaio @ July 30 2004,16:07)]So no vices and virtues don't have a higher chance based on the King...
I don't know if that's true. I know that the stats of a prince are dependend on his father's stats and influence (not 100% sure about influence), but I don't know if V&V's are inherited.

However, royal lines do seem to have returning quirks (great warrior is one, strange is another). In my current spanish campaign, half my princes had great warrior, half had strange / crack-brained and every generation there was at least one adulterer / pervert.

Condottiere
07-31-2004, 00:47
Wouldn't the greengenerals cheat alleviate some of the problems with nasty vices?

The_Emperor
07-31-2004, 11:36
Quote[/b] (Condottiere @ July 31 2004,07:47)]Wouldn't the greengenerals cheat alleviate some of the problems with nasty vices?
yes but its not a cheat really... it just means that once your generals die of old age their V&V's will probably be reset and they may lose some stat points such as command or acumen.

Just live with the bloat effect, or have very few governors (only in key provinces such as Constantinople, trebizond..etc)

That keeps the loons away.

Marquis of Roland
07-31-2004, 22:28
Okay so now I started a new campaign with Turkish, I took a few provinces from the byz and egy but nothing near even 40% of map, and that chinless wonder crap is coming back again in a big way. I think maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of my princes are chinless wonder, a couple even inbred. Is this something exclusive to turks or what? I am playing in early, if that info helps any.

The_Emperor
07-31-2004, 23:07
Quote[/b] (Marquis of Roland @ Aug. 01 2004,05:28)]Okay so now I started a new campaign with Turkish, I took a few provinces from the byz and egy but nothing near even 40% of map, and that chinless wonder crap is coming back again in a big way. I think maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of my princes are chinless wonder, a couple even inbred. Is this something exclusive to turks or what? I am playing in early, if that info helps any.
Yeah I noticed during my campaign that a lot of my Turk Sultans were very bad and weak.

They certainly had weaker influence and V&Vs compared to most other factions I had played.

Maybe they get their good rulers late in the game (when they were a lot more effective in fighting the Byz)

Marquis of Roland
07-31-2004, 23:28
I also noticed that muslim faction generals on average receive more acumen than catholic generals. Is this just random or is it set up in the game because the islamic nations were more advanced culturally as well as technologically?

As for the byz, I went through #### having huge slugfests with their 9* Jedi generals with full flag armies. 1000+ casualties everytime, but eventually wore them down. Captured Constantinople in a surprise raid from the sea to take out their katank production; holding it against all the byz armies from east and west was a bloodbath but I came out on top in the end with a few hundred men left standing. If I get better generals later on it'd be nice but it'd be a huge where the heck were u guys when I needed uhttp://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif