PDA

View Full Version : PROJECTILESTATS

07-29-2004, 07:32
In that file it says that the projectiles must be in the correct order but what is the correct order and where is it set?

What I'm really looking for is the link between ARQB, GREN, NINJ etc. in UNIT_PROD and the range, accuracy etc. settings (presumably those in PROJECTILESTATS). I currently have grenade throwers with the range of muskets or more - fun but not very realistic

TIA

PS How do I get to post in the other forums?

07-29-2004, 11:46
Im not sure about the projectilestats thing but about the forums thing, you cant post in other forums yet as you are a junior patron just like me, so you have restrictions on where you can post,you can be promoted after a while though i think, ask a mod if your not sure.

Maeda Toshiie
07-30-2004, 05:20
Quote[/b] (TTTTrainUK @ July 29 2004,16:32)]In that file it says that the projectiles must be in the correct order but what is the correct order and where is it set?

What I'm really looking for is the link between ARQB, GREN, NINJ etc. in UNIT_PROD and the range, accuracy etc. settings (presumably those in PROJECTILESTATS). I currently have grenade throwers with the range of muskets or more - fun but not very realistic
Use the Gnome Editor by Lord Gnome at the download section.

07-30-2004, 19:27
Not sure what you are suggesting. I have the Gnome Editor and can view the projectilestats file no problem. What I need to know is what causes the game to look at that file and where the order is set (the correct order is mentioned in the comments at the top of that file). I want to play around with different types of projectiles (at the moment grenades) and I can't see where to reduce the range of the grenades as they are not in projectilestats (and yet they work well - too well).

Quokka
07-31-2004, 09:52
If you have Gnome already then you aren't reading the column labels very carefully as Column4 is clearly labeled as Range and this is where you set the range for any of the projectile weapons and Grenade should come up as record #9. The original value for grenades is 1300.

The corect order shouldn't matter if you don't change the order they are in on the list, all you need to do is edit the values that you want to change.

Kali
07-31-2004, 09:56
Does this correct order thing,
mean you can't add new misslile weapons to the projectile stats. I was going to create composite bows for many eastern units and mounted composite bows that can be reloaded at the gallop for Mongols and such like.
http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Quokka
07-31-2004, 17:25
Yes it does mean that actually.
The missile weapons are hardcoded as for number and no more can be added. The composite bow is not impossible to implement as Wes did it in his Medmod 3.14.

One option is to use the Ninja Star and edit it to have the stats you want as no unit currently uses that weapon. The other option is the Heavy Spear. Currently only the Bonnachts use the heavy spear which is only really different from the Javelin in the lethality, 4 instead of 2, which is only of real use against Generals.
Either of those two weapons could easily be edited to become the Composite bow.

08-01-2004, 16:47
Quote[/b] (Quokka @ July 31 2004,10:52)]If you have Gnome already then you aren't reading the column labels very carefully as Column4 is clearly labeled as Range and this is where you set the range for any of the projectile weapons and Grenade should come up as record #9. The original value for grenades is 1300.
Thanks - I was looking at a messed around version of the file obviously as it had no grenade mentioned but checking my clean MTWVI install there it was. Shame you can't add any but as said elsewhere at least there are a couple to play with safely.

Kali
08-02-2004, 09:05
Quote[/b] (Quokka @ July 31 2004,18:25)]Yes it does mean that actually.
The missile weapons are hardcoded as for number and no more can be added. The composite bow is not impossible to implement as Wes did it in his Medmod 3.14.
http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Thanks for the info and advice,
So for, sure I kan do a little editing, in projectilestats. http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif