PDA

View Full Version : widl west total war

scooter_the_shooter
08-07-2004, 03:07
wild west total war will start in the civil war and end (dont know yet not sure). it would have great historical battles ( list not completed yet) right now all i need are history people so i can have major events i know the weopons and things like that but i want to have events and things like that ANY AND ALL HISTORICAL INFO IS WANTED for factions i could have

north
south
mexico
bandits
crow
sioux
black foot
navijo
cheroke
rebels
etc

there is variety of units peole could have winchesters, revolvers
gatling guns, single and double barrled shot guns, bow and arrows calvary with revolvers and swords. and much more

and instead of just saying revolver i plan to have the real name i will post more info like that later

scooter_the_shooter
08-07-2004, 15:31
come now some one wants to help surely

saundersag
08-07-2004, 15:52
i have found a website with lots of links to websites about the confederate armies of the civil war i hope you find it useful http://www.civilwarhome.com/civilwararmies.htm

i will try and see if i can find anything else on the internet that will intrest you.

Silver Rusher
08-07-2004, 15:58
I would be gladly willing to help if you could help me with my mod, Citadel TotalWar.

www.s4.invisionfree.com/citadel_total_war

scooter_the_shooter
08-07-2004, 15:58
thanks that is a GREAT website ~:cheers:

Silver Rusher
08-07-2004, 15:59
Oh yeah, and don't forget the british canadians and french canadians (if you are gonna include Canada as well) ~:smoking:

scooter_the_shooter
08-07-2004, 16:06
i probably will. they were like fronteir peple furtraders with coon skin hats right.( kinda of like ohio was when it was frontier)

also in this mod all factions will be playable even bandits ( they are gonna be fun to make)

scooter_the_shooter
08-07-2004, 16:15
canadian units could be like this http://www.gnat.net/~pad/mountainman%20paul.jpg

Silver Rusher
08-07-2004, 16:28
canadian units could be like this

yeah, farmers with guns, gotcha

mercian billman
08-12-2004, 01:05
A good scenario for when the war could start might be towards the end of the war. With the South losing they've made a deal with Mexico in return for help in the west, Mexico will recieve all land west of the Missisippi (including Texas) in return for their support. It's alternate history but, would be intresting nonetheless.

I gotta leave but, I'll post more later.

Kaiser of Arabia
08-13-2004, 05:52
Change the name to America Divided: Total War and I'm in. I'm not much the way of modding but I can do heros and give you stats and such. I am also a fountain of ideas.
I'm in ceaser

Kaiser of Arabia
08-13-2004, 06:26
Here's an Idea:
Take a map of the Us right before the civil war (with West Virginia still part of virginia). Divide each southern state into 3-5 provences, and on the map outline each state, and each larger northern state into 2-4 provences. Out west, the territories can be large, with california, oragon, and washington each it's own provence. Canada can have larger provences too, along with mexico. Keep the focus of the map on the US with parts of mexico and canada.

Here are some unit ideas:
US Infantry (armed with rifle, large units, 100 men, but weaker than average)
US Zouves (Better than regular infanry, 60 men units)
Iron Brigade (available only in ??? whatever state it was from, good strong union troops, 100 men)
US Guard Infantry (Stronger than regular, 100 men)
US Sharpshooter (more accurate infantry, 40 men)
US Cavalry (General All Purpose Cavalry, armed with Carbine)
West Virginia Infantry (available only in West VA, on par with CS Infantry)
-----
CS Infantry (Good All purpose Infantry, buildable throught the CSA, 60 men units)
CS Zouves (Buildable only in Louisiana, from From the Tiger brigade from louisiana, better CS infantry, 60 men)
Potomac Infantry (Really good troops, 60 men, only buildable in virginia)
Alabama/Mississippi Infantry (Good Troops, buildable only in their states, 60 men)
Texas Infantry (built texas, from Woffords Brigade, Antietam, good men, 60 man units)
CSA Militia (100 men units, on par with Union Infantry)
CSA Cavalry (Better cav than the US has)
---
*Indian units can be created by anyone who controlls the territory*
Souix Warriors (Good Souix infantry, armed with rifles, 50 men)
Souix Elite Warriors (Better Souix infantry, 50 men)
Souix Warbands (small quick units of Souix, melee only, 20 men, cheap, good vs cavalry)
Cherokee Warriors (Same as souix but better shooting)
Cherokee Warbands(Same as Souix but slower)
Cherokee Cavalry (better than US cav but not as good as CS cav)
Navajo Shooters (good shots)
---
*Arty can be built by the North, SOuth, Mexicans*
12 lb. Parrot (long range, bad at short range)
6 lb napoleon (great at short range, bad at long)
Ordinace Guns (heavy arty for seiges)
Howitzers (high arc shots)
---
Special Units
Stonewall Brigade (let's have it very expensive to build in 1 provence but have the CSA start with like 3 100 men units of them, the best infantry in the game.)
Mexican Infantry (buildable in Mexico, cheap, big, and weak, 100 men)
Irish Regiments (Great Troops, buildable in parts of VA, GA, and NY.)
Black Volenteers (ok troops, big, but expensive, good for charging fort wagner he he watch the movie glory)
Ok, there will be more but there is a foundation for what units I think we need someone to make. Did I mention that I am a history buff? No, well...
Here are some Ideas for generals
CSA: Lee
Jackson
Stuart
Bueregard
AP Hill
Wofford
JR Jones
starkes
Bee
Early
Hood
Johnston
USA;
Grant
Meade
Burnside
Sherman
McClelan (or however you spell it)
Col. Robert Shaw
And some historical battles
Sharpsburg (antietam)
Gettysburg
Manassas 1 & 2
Chickamunga
Harpers Ferry (the battle, not the raid)
Chatanooga
Chancellorsville
Fredericksburg
Cold Harbour
Vicksburg
Little Big Horn

And also, some guns are the Enfeild Rifle, the Springfeild Rifle, The Colt Revolver, the LeMatt Revolver, the Winchester , theMississippi rifle, the Starr Army Revover, the Sharps Carbine the Jenks Carbine etc etc.
Hope this helps

Kaiser of Arabia
08-13-2004, 21:27
maybe it can be divided somthing like this
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/Caporegime/USA.jpg
but with provences in canada and mexico

JimBob
08-17-2004, 17:41
I'd be willing to help. I can't mod but have always been a Civil War fanatic.

I can make a decent unit list, but I have some typing to do so it should be done by tommorow.

JimBob
08-17-2004, 17:47
Actually it will take longer

TheSilverKnight
08-17-2004, 17:47
Iron Brigade (available only in ??? whatever state it was from, good strong union troops, 100 men)

If my knowledge of history serves me correctly, wasn't the Iron Brigade from Wisconsin? ~:confused:

JimBob
08-17-2004, 18:02
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, and Illinois(I believe, this could just be me rooting for my home state).

And I had a thought. Start it at the begining of the Mexican-American war(1840's), bringing Mexico into the game better. Also you need Canada, not as Canada but as part of the British Empire which was well powerful at the time. And end the game in 1893 with the start of the Spanish-American war(mabey even add the Carribean islands like Cuba).

Kaiser of Arabia
08-18-2004, 01:29
Yeah but thats a 40 year campaign.
How about this, change the year to 1 and the year thing to say "Months since January 1840" or somthing like that. Then use the Version 2.1 command line to change the generals dying ages to like 600 (600 months thats 60 years service)
-Capo

SaintVitus
08-18-2004, 05:47
Well I would like to become a member of this project, I would really like to do some maps and balance testing and pitch in information and ideas, if you would oblige. I am very knowledgable regarding the civil war, as i am sure some of you in the prject are. e-mail me p208@epix.net

mercian billman
08-19-2004, 22:32
[QUOTE=JimBob]Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, and Illinois(I believe, this could just be me rooting for my home state).
QUOTE]

The Iron Brigade is from Wisconsin and, the 82nd Airborne uses their mascot "old abe."

I would say that Mexican infantry shouldn't be classified as weak, I remember reading a Texas Ranger after the Mexican war claiming he would never call a Mexican a coward again. Mexican troops weren't bad but, they suffered mostly from poor senior leadership, a way to reflect this would be to give them lower skills but, a higher valor level.

mercian billman
08-19-2004, 22:35
Here's a listing of all the generals that were given brevet promotions,

http://www.alia.org.au/~kwebb/Brevets/

The only problem I see with Capos list of Union genrals is the exclusion of Phillip Sherridan.

SaintVitus
08-20-2004, 01:35
Boy, too many left unmentioned there.

US

John Pope
John Sedgewicke
John Hancock
George Thomas
John Fremont
Nathaniel Banks
Nathaniel Lyon
George Custer
Geuverner Warren
Joseph Hooker
Don Buell
Benjamin Butler

CS

Porter Alexander
Richard Anderson
John Gordon
George Pickett
James Pettigrew
William Pender
Evander Law
Laffayette McLaws
Nathan Forrest
John Winder
Fitzhugh Lee
John Pemberton
Braxton Bragg
Sterling Price
Albert Johnson

and thats only Army, corps, and division commanders, and I left many out, you really need tons to make the game really immersive, the more the better.

LordBlood
08-20-2004, 09:11
Hi all, I may be of service in providing info on Mexico, being Mexican my self ~D i have good insite history of mexico. If you like, i would love to send you information on the Mexican army, govt, ect :book2: :grin2: Wish i could do more, but busy with Nap. ~:smoking: But I'll see what else I can come up with ~;)

Regards LBG :charge:

Kaiser of Arabia
08-20-2004, 22:34
Aye I knew I left out most of the Generals, but hey, this mod is only in the early planning stages so...

JimBob
08-21-2004, 21:01
The Iron Brigade is from Wisconsin
found it. The Iron Brigade (1st Brgd, 1 Div, 1 Army of the Republic) had 3 Regiments from Wisconsin, and 1 each from Michigan, and Indiana

Minnesota had the 1st Minnesota

scooter_the_shooter
08-28-2004, 13:58
ok i hope you alll know this is gonna be a rome mod medieval cant possibly dhow the uniforms right ~:joker: so can alll of you who want to help pm me and tell me what you can do we will need will take history buffs too ( i am not trying to sound like some high and mighty leader i just want to know who all can do what ~D )

Silver Rusher
08-30-2004, 18:12
ok i hope you alll know this is gonna be a rome mod medieval cant possibly dhow the uniforms right ~:joker: so can alll of you who want to help pm me and tell me what you can do we will need will take history buffs too ( i am not trying to sound like some high and mighty leader i just want to know who all can do what ~D )

I'm sorry, but seeing as you broke the terms of agreement (you were supposed to help CTW) i can no longer work for you.

Kaiser of Arabia
08-30-2004, 21:28
you postponed CTW untill RTW comes out, didnt ye?

Sir Winston Churchill
09-03-2004, 16:42
this mod is merging with Industrial Age Mod. so itll have WW1 in the game also. btw how many people do you have on your team?

Kaiser of Arabia
09-05-2004, 20:15
What, WWTW will have WWI in it too?
Sorry, not interested anymore, I wanted a ACWTW.

JimBob
09-06-2004, 03:58
^Same, WWI is too far forward.

Silver Rusher
09-06-2004, 07:17
Glad I pulled out earlier. It could have done before, but now it won't work at all.

Sir Winston Churchill
09-06-2004, 23:37
C do you have MSN or AIM? we really need to talk mroe about merging so we can get started

Sir Winston Churchill
09-07-2004, 00:32
ceasar do you have AIM or MSN? we should really talk about the mod so we can get started

Zastrow
09-07-2004, 00:46
I don't see how anybody could take this seriously.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-08-2004, 22:57
After the Zulu war it would NEVER work!

I'm going to do an ACW Total War myself, from the Mexican American War to the 1880s, or maybe up untill 1900. I'll have to figure it out so that I can change turns to represent a week.

Silver Rusher
09-09-2004, 07:03
capo, ya sig needs an [img] tag on the front. Just thought I should point out, people have been secretly laughing at you for a while now.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-09-2004, 22:17
oh, yeah, i keep forgeting to fix it. It didn't copy and paste over correctly.

Sir Winston Churchill
09-09-2004, 22:44
ceaser seems to be hiding in shame....i need to talk to you, this isnt impossible

Triggerhappy Nun
09-09-2004, 23:01
"It won't work!" "This is stupid"

Remember we're only oging to do WWI if it can be done sucessfully and without any major things getting cut out. If Rome Total War is as moddable as it claims to be, guns will be possible. Not only possible, but so will maybe machineguns (of course, airplanes will probably be impossible, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to begin will). And, besides, adding Europe isn't that bad of an idea. It might even make it even more fun. Surely you can't be so scared of Europe to chase you away from a very fun mod.

Of course, all this depends on the moddability. If Civil War is only possible, I will be cotent.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-10-2004, 20:45
I'm still doing me own Civil War era mod, will any of you followers HELP ME PLEASE VOLENTEER WITH MY TEAM I WILL TAKE ANYONE AND EVERYONE even if i have 10 people doing the job.

Sir Winston Churchill
09-11-2004, 00:42
this IS a civil war mod, get over it. you just want power.

btw, new jersey is the worst state ever, and north jersey is the worst part. i live in south jersey btw

crazyviking03
09-14-2004, 15:10
Ouch, this thing fell apart fast. Capo, I can help you with historical research!!

Kaiser of Arabia
09-14-2004, 23:41
good, thanks viking
churchill, go away, work on your WW1 mod

crazyviking03
09-15-2004, 11:32
I can help with research, and I have a cd of a Confederate brass band (reinactors ofcourse) that is full of music from the era, would be good for a sound pack. I also own Soldiers in America, by Don Troiani. It is infantrymen and their uniforms from French and Indian war through the Civil War, good for scanning images from (dont have a scanner though ~:(

Kaiser of Arabia
09-19-2004, 17:02
Thanks Viking. I'm going to start a thread in RTW Modding about this.
-Capo