PDA

View Full Version : Help a "mod"

Ar7
08-09-2004, 10:03
Yup i am a "mod" ~D basically this means i do not know anything about modding. What i wanted to ask is, what do i need to change in the files to delete the land crossing between Wessex and Flanders?

cutepuppy
08-09-2004, 12:26
open the campmap\startpos folder. You'll notice several txt files.
Open the file you want to change. (early high and/or late, I guess)
Scroll down to the setneighbours section (about 1/5 starting from the top)
search the line for wessex and remove ID_FLANDERS, so it goes from:
SetNeighbours:: ID_WESSEX ID_MERCIA ID_WALES ID_FLANDERS ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_IRISH_SEA
to:
SetNeighbours:: ID_WESSEX ID_MERCIA ID_WALES ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_IRISH_SEA
do the same for flanders, so from:
SetNeighbours:: ID_FLANDERS ID_WESSEX ID_NORMANDY ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_LORRAINE ID_FREISLAND ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
to:
SetNeighbours:: ID_FLANDERS ID_NORMANDY ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_LORRAINE ID_FREISLAND ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL

scroll further down to the setborderinfo section (immediately beneath the setneighbours section) and remove the border between wessex and flanders (and vice versa). The easiest way to do that is to place // before the lines you want to remove (everything after a // is treated as a comment, not as code).

I hope it helps and make sure you made some backup files you want to mod.

Ar7
08-10-2004, 13:32
Thank you for the help Cutepuppy, i will go try it right away. Another thing though, how can i edit Varangian Guards and Druzhina cav to be avaliable through all the eras?

cutepuppy
08-10-2004, 15:37
1) Open the crusader_unitprod11 file in the main folder of MTW (it is a .txt file, so you can use wordpad or so for it).
2) Search for the units you want to mod.
3) Search for the time period you can build them. Each unit has 2 lines of code, the time period is in the first line, at about 1/3 or 1/2 of the length of a line.
4) change "EARLY, HIGH" to ALL_PERIODS (no "" needed when you don't seperate words with a comma). Be carefull not to loose any of the tabs when deleting a part of the text

You could also use gnome editor. Many people use it when modding the unitprod file, but I don't know how it exactly works (I guess I'm one of the few who don't use it)

Ar7
08-10-2004, 15:43
Thank you once again ~:thumb: