PDA

View Full Version : Improved ?? farmlands...

Mithrandir
07-14-2002, 23:29
I think I saw this before my Resurection a year ago...

there was a post that the improved farmlands (+20%) were better than the superior (+40%) farmlands (or it was the legendary (+100%) farmlands?)

can someone tell me if this is true and if so why ?

Thanks.

------------------
untouchable, unbreakable,elven spirit,Elven soul

MizuKokami
07-15-2002, 02:25
if it were true, it would be because the cost of upgrade cost more then the increase of goods. ports and mines are guaranteed koku, as well as trading posts. so alot of players prefer that for their source of income. however the decrease in the cost of upgrades in warior edition makes it a little more vaulable to upgrade your farmlands.

pdoan8
07-15-2002, 06:40
I only invest in farmland upgrade in the provinces with initial rich farmland. If the province initially produce nearly 200 koku or more in farming harvest, then it is cost effective to improve its farmland.

If I have many coastal provinces, then I will invest in building port first. Port also helps to move troops quickly and can be used for invading other provinces which also have port.

Gothmog
07-15-2002, 07:15
In WE/MI, with half the building cost and twice the building speed, basically ANY economy improvement is worthwhile, any military improvement is rewarding.

Mines and ports are very reliable investment, with gold mine being the most cost-effective ever. Two kinds of training posts are good too, and churches if you already have cathedral.

I usually prefer to wait and play tech ostrich, so I'll just concentrate on a limited few provinces for military training facilities (those provinces that have iron sand or special bonuses, or at least coastal if neither of the above), and improve farmland on everything else.

When they say 40% is worse than 20%, they must be refering to the returning rate of the investment. But let me tell ya, if you are strong at defense, just spend every koku you can spare on the economy. It's gonna pay off in the long run.

------------------
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
http://www.grahamday.dial.pipex.com/rose-knight1.gif

Rokkaku
07-17-2002, 20:45
It does, thats my tactic with mori.

Mithrandir
07-19-2002, 03:08
Thanks for replying.

I usually only get the 20% upgrade, sometimes a mine but mostly in the beginning I only build structures to produce troops, and later on I dont really need more income since by then I'll own enough lands to supply and train new, armies.

------------------
Just aded another post :D
Mithrandir Poster of usefull information and entertaining posts (http://www.montypython.net/cgi-bin/dl2/full.cgi?spamsong.wav)