PDA

View Full Version : Tech tree doc?

PseRamesses
08-21-2004, 10:14
Maybee there is a tech tree doc somewhere for HTW but if there isn´t there defenitely should be, wouldn´t you all agree?

Ldvs
08-21-2004, 13:19
There's no tech tree available. We quickly get used to playing without tech tree. The only that isn't mentioned is that you must build governors' estates and stoa to be allowed to build a keep. I admit it can take a certain time before you find this out ~D

vodkafire
08-21-2004, 13:46
There's no tech tree available. We quickly get used to playing without tech tree. The only that isn't mentioned is that you must build governors' estates and stoa to be allowed to build a keep. I admit it can take a certain time before you find this out ~D

And the court of law. I can't figure out how to build the court of law for the life of me, its 200 now(uh, 600BC?) and i have like 4 cities with citadels and imperial palaces but still can't build court of law. I am playing Macedonians and i thought oligarchies can't built it, until i conquered the Thessalians and found out they built one. I've only been using one emissary all this time(5 stars, yay).

Ldvs
08-21-2004, 14:39
To be honest i don't know what's the prerequisite for this building either. Maybe one of the governors' estates, because the barbarian factions can't build them and are not allowed to train any emissaries.

Every time i played , i got the court of law quite quickly so it must not be too hard to find it ~:p

PseRamesses
08-21-2004, 17:33

Thanks for the info Ldvs but as you see from the other posters I do think you should discuss it within the HTW crew. Someone must have this info as an Excel sheet or something to be able to construct the tech tree at least. Just my HO.

Ldvs
08-21-2004, 18:17
Komninos said about the tech tree : "Yes documentation is missing but with my spelling and all the work that something like this needs ... I don't think we can get one done."

But yes if someone's willing, he can feel free to make one ~:p

Using the Gnome editor i've found the prerequisite for your court of law :

{ {CASTLE5, ROYAL_PALACE2}, {CASTLE5, ROYAL_COURT2} }

So all you need is a governors's estate for the Oligarchic and Dynastic factions, a Stoa for the Democratic ones and a Keep for all the factions.

vodkafire
08-22-2004, 01:11
Komninos said about the tech tree : "Yes documentation is missing but with my spelling and all the work that something like this needs ... I don't think we can get one done."

But yes if someone's willing, he can feel free to make one ~:p

Using the Gnome editor i've found the prerequisite for your court of law :

{ {CASTLE5, ROYAL_PALACE2}, {CASTLE5, ROYAL_COURT2} }

So all you need is a governors's estate for the Oligarchic and Dynastic factions, a Stoa for the Democratic ones and a Keep for all the factions.

Hmm, that is odd, i have imperial palace and citadel and i still can't build one. Maybe once you get past keep and governor's estate you can't build one anymore.

PseRamesses
09-01-2004, 14:49
What upgrades do I need to build more advanced hoplite than the Enomotia? hoplite? Or are they a feat in high era? I do urge you guys to comply a tech tree for this awsome mod. Ok, ok I know one will learn as one go along but some of us really don´t have the time for trial-and-error playing, sorry!

Ldvs
09-01-2004, 15:45
You can't get better hoplites than the enomotia until you reach the proclassical era. Don't wait for them though, they aren't really what we call an upgrade (i.e their fighting abilities aren't improved), they even have a less good defence due to lighter armors.