PDA

View Full Version : Unit size

Dyonisius
08-27-2004, 20:45
Hi,

I like this mod, great work, Also the musicpac is great.
But I'd like to know if there is a way to decrease the unitsizes cause, it causes my computer to slowdown, I tryed the small unitsize in the options menu but it has no effect.
Maybe I can mod it manually, cuase I would like to continue playing,
Is there a way to do it? I heard about Gnome editor or something.

Thanx,

btw I have a 1Ghz Celeron, Geforce2 64MB, 486 RAM.

Ldvs
08-27-2004, 21:01
You cannot change is unit size in menus. You could halve manually all the units' size one by one, but i don't think it'd enhance the gameplay ~:dizzy:

Have you set the sound quality to its minimum ? it could help a lot.
RTW will be hopefully soon released, maybe it's time to spare money and buy some upgrades if you can afford ~;)

Ldvs
08-27-2004, 21:08
By the way, yes you can Gnome editor, you could also do it without but it's less clear. The file is Hellenic_unit_prod2.txt for the 3 original eras, and Hellenic_unit_prod3.txt for the Persian Wars.

P.S: sorry for the two posts i can't edit...

Dyonisius
08-27-2004, 21:13
RTW will be hopefully soon released, maybe it's time to spare money and buy some upgrades if you can afford

Thannx for the reply, a new comp is something on my wishlist, but I have to wait a month or two, in the meanwhile, I have to manage with this one.

I think theres no other way than to edit files manually ~:mecry:
So wich files to edit ? Any ideas?

Ldvs
08-27-2004, 21:28
The file is Hellenic_unit_prod2.txt for the 3 original eras, and Hellenic_unit_prod3.txt for the Persian Wars.

They are in the main folder you can't miss them.
I suggest you firstly set them to 100 and then see how it goes before decreasing again.