PDA

View Full Version : Raise the camera

Puzz3D
09-06-2004, 18:49
I suggest a much higher camera angle be allowed in the multiplayer game. Something like what you can do with -ian in MTW single player will remove the need for camera panning and allow the player to use the time saved to control his units.

Now don't tell me that better unit control is a bad thing.

afrit
09-07-2004, 01:36
I don't play MP, but I agree that a higher camera angle is needed.

In RTS camera mode in the RTW demo you can get that view, but unfortunately you lose the ability to move "on the ground". I don't see why with the TW camera mode you cannot go that high (without totally unrestricting the camera).

Afrit

RTKLamorak
09-07-2004, 03:12
The only thing i can think of is that the performance strain is to great, i really dont see any other reason why CA wouldnt let us

Tomisama
09-07-2004, 03:32
There are four camera presets, F9 thru F12.

At least on the Tutorial map F9 gets you a high view of the river, higher that the standard TotalWar Camera. You can press this, and then modify your height and angle to something similar to MTW. The only difference being less actual vertical screen that MTW.

~:cheers:

afrit
09-07-2004, 05:14
F9 on the tutorial map does raise you high. But the moment you move (if you are on TW style camera), you drop down to ground level.

Jambo
09-07-2004, 09:49
Aboslutely Yuuki, the -ian command was a great help. Obviously for MP you'd need this restricted round your own army, but the angles you can get with this command were paramount to fluid army coordination, paricularly when controlling units effectively in forests.

Puzz3D
09-07-2004, 19:42
If you could get high enough to keep your whole army in the field of view, you could save considerable time at the height of the battle. I know I cannot click and move the mouse at the height of the battle any faster than I already do in MTW. Somehow, I have to save time or the quality of my play is going to decline.

Lord Ovaat
09-10-2004, 19:39
Camera angles, camera angles. Baa! If someone can just give us the equivelant of -ian command for RTW, it'll all be a moot point. And I will be happy. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-018.gif

Lonewarrior
09-10-2004, 19:45
Agreed a high camera sngle in mp will be great. ~:cheers: