PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly CD ROM.or.DVD?

boot
09-16-2004, 11:18
Hi All

I Ask this coz i had a game called FARCRY and Toca Race Driver and they were on PC DVD all so HOW BIG is RTW? :charge:

Boots ~:)

Ldvs
09-16-2004, 12:42
It should be around 2.5 Go big on your hard drive. Don't know whether it will be several cd-rom or a dvd.

maestro
09-16-2004, 13:09
I hope it's not DVD. I have a Shuttle with an external CDR/W and so if it's on DVD I've got to have the case open with an IDE cable hanging out of it connected to a DVD drive

That sucks ~:cool:

The Tuffen
09-16-2004, 16:11
i also hope that it comes on CD rom. I don't have a dvd drive on my main machine for playing games and was quite annoyed the driver 3 was on dvd.

boot
09-16-2004, 16:50
When i recently bought DOOM.3. it Came on a Massive THREE CDs...but in that case i hope its in CD so you guys dont have problems.... ~:grouphug:

Boots

Shoraro
09-16-2004, 19:06
If you look at the box art (on www.totalwar.com) it has the PC CD-ROM label on it.

Lonewarrior
09-16-2004, 19:14
I have no problem with neither of them, but like was said before about 2.5 gb.

SouthwaterPanda
09-16-2004, 20:05
Rome comes on three CDs if I remember rightly. It certainly isn't DVD-only.

(I think they took the decision to make Far Cry DVD-only on the basis that few or no machines modern enough to support its hefty min spec would be lacking a DVD.)

Colovion
09-16-2004, 20:23
Strange. I thought that DVD Roms were being phased out of the industry - guess I was wrong.

jompe
09-17-2004, 20:05
its gonna be on cd... my source is a swedish site www.softwareexpress.se....

The Tuffen
09-18-2004, 00:20
I've seen a few people complain about 3 cd's. Am i the only person who doesn't mind how many cd's a game comes on as long as it will run on my computer.

SouthwaterPanda Rome comes on three CDs if I remember rightly. It certainly isn't DVD-only.

(I think they took the decision to make Far Cry DVD-only on the basis that few or no machines modern enough to support its hefty min spec would be lacking a DVD.)

Thats really annoying and stupid. I was going to borrow it off a mate as my PC has the minimum specs to play far cry. Quite glad i didn't as id of got annoyed as to why it wouldn't work (it woudn't occured to me that it was a dvd only game)