PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Is the PC Gamer demo different? I doubt it

MiniKiller
09-19-2004, 21:33
.... :hide:

Stormer
09-19-2004, 21:35
no, they wouldnt release 2 differant demos. unless pcgamer have put the roman mod in it who knows. :no:

lars573
09-19-2004, 23:38
PC gamer had the release version of RTW that's why the review just came out now.

SouthwaterPanda
09-20-2004, 00:17
As far as I know the Rome team only produced one demo, so it'll be the same one that you had a few weeks ago. Some people still prefer print magazines and get their demos that way. (Apropos of nothing, read the entry called "The New Games Journalism" at this link (http://gillen.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_gillen_archive.html) for an interesting opinion about the role of print magazines).

I haven't checked the file on the coverdisk myself so I'm only 99.99% certain, as opposed to definite. But that's still pretty certain.

KukriKhan
09-20-2004, 00:27
"...toilet-based browsability..."

Can do nothing but agree. ~D

(Of course the 'better written' bit helps...)

jimmy
09-20-2004, 12:08
i dont know but i got the demo of the mag and from what i have read in other threads its the same one.after playing it the controls speed of units camera angles zooming in and out. still has the same problems as the download demo. i also played the tutorial and by the time i got there the battle was over i feel a bit : ~:confused: why change what aint broke as for the unit speed i think thats what they have been taking or steriods its just eye candy at the moment :no: