PDA

View Full Version : Who has unlocked the factions?

discovery1
09-25-2004, 18:37
Just want to know who as succeeded in unlocking the playable factions. I just did, btw, after beating the short brutii campaign.

Steppe Merc
09-25-2004, 18:59
I modded it so I can play as them all. Quite easy to do so, really.

Scipio
09-26-2004, 01:37
I did it the honest way last night ~:smoking:

kataphraktoi
09-26-2004, 01:49
Tell me how Dave...please.

This has nothing to do with honesty, its total war!

DisruptorX
09-26-2004, 01:52
I went into the text file and changed it, I hated playing as the romans, they are so darn boring. I mainly did this when I went to all the effort of defeating the macedonians and then finding out they are an "unplayable" faction.

Dimeola
09-26-2004, 05:35
What do you need to do to unlock the other factions? The Brutii? The Imperial campaign or the tutorial? How do you mod the file so to play othjer factions. How about a how-to?
D

Spino
09-26-2004, 07:45
I did it right away on principle. I hate having my choice limited in such a fashion. I tracked down and modded the relevant file right after playing through the prologue until it unlocks the main campaigns. Haven't played a campaign as a non-Roman faction yet but as soon as I finish this short Julii campaign I'm off to the middle east to carve myself an empire... ~;) :bow: ~:joker:

Bayushi Togai
09-26-2004, 08:05
I tracked down and modded the relevant file right after playing through the prologue until it unlocks the main campaigns. ~;) :bow: ~:joker:

Yes, but what file, and what is the relevant mod to make? ~D :help: ~:confused: :bow:

Steppe Merc
09-26-2004, 14:24
1) Find the file "descr_strat" in ...\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign.txt

2)Open it up.

3)cut the faction you want to play as from the section its under (either unlockable or nonplayable, and copy it into the playable section, that should do it.
After you done, make sure there are no factions in the unlockable portion, and all except rebels and the senate in the unplayable portion.
Tell me if it doesn't work!
~:wave:

Bayushi Togai
09-26-2004, 16:01
3)cut the faction you want to play as from the section its under (either unlockable or nonplayable, and copy it into the playable section, that should do it.
After you done, make sure there are no factions in the unlockable portion, and all except rebels and the senate in the unplayable portion.

Doesn't work atm. When I choose Imperial Campaign, the game tells me to make a choice.

I don't quite understand the directions. I paste the faction I want into playable. And I want no factions in unlockable. So what should go in unplayable? You say to put everything in unplayable except the Senate and Rebels (who I assume are the "slaves" entry because I do not see "rebel"), but then where do Senate and Rebel go??

thanks! ~:)

Spartiate
09-26-2004, 16:34
@Togai I think Steppe meant for you to copy ALL factions into the playable section while leaving nothing in the unlockable section and leaving only the Senate and the Rebels in the unplayable section. :charge:

MiniKiller
09-26-2004, 17:48
what if u want to play rebel or senate can they go in playable aswell?

*I'm gonna try this let u know if it works. I'm gonna take ALL the nonplayable and put em in as playable. The unlockables? Im gonna try n do that the old fashioned way.

Bayushi Togai
09-26-2004, 17:49
Indeed! Everything in playable except Senate and Slaves. Thanks! ~:cheers: Now for the unification of Briton. ~:grouphug:

MiniKiller
09-26-2004, 18:00
Sucess here is what I noticed, maybe are file editers can work suttin out

Factions added that are "Unplayable" dont show their starting locations on the map, bummer maybe someone can fix that. Also none have their starting leader's pic.

Factions with description
Macedonians
People of Pontus

No description
Thrace
Rebels
Armenia
Senate (def should have one here)
Dacia Numbidia Scythia Spain.