PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer? Not likely

Colovion
09-25-2004, 20:13
I thought I would try a MP game or two today. Well right now that isn't happening. The reason is that any time that I went to join or create a game it would crash back to Gamespy. Oh and the room for RTW in Gamespy is limited to 30 people. This exact same CTD thing wasn't only my problem but the problem of at least a dozen people on there in the 10 minutes I stayed in vain to create a game, join a game or try to figure out the problem with the other people there. I know it isn't a problem with everyone because there were people playing - or perhaps it's because there are only 6 servers :dizzy2:

I'm going to play SP as it seems that it's the only thing this game is good for. :no:

d6veteran
09-25-2004, 20:22
It's definitely a bug that it crashes to desktop instead of gving a bad logon error or whatever.

I think what is happening is that there is too many people connecting or not enough room on the lobby server. In either case this is pretty unexpected and dissapointing.

If CA is listening they need to correct this immediately. Like it or not, you've sold a game that has a multiplayer component. Please support it.

It feels like a beta release.

The rest of the game is great, but like I say this is a major fault in the release.

Note: once you finally do log on your troubles aren't over. While the lobby connection seems pretty stable, whoever hosts a game will experience a memory leak that will increase the lag on subsequent games unless the host restarts. Which means having to hassle with connecting again :(

Colovion
09-25-2004, 20:36
Yeah - it seems like MP was just something thrown in at the last second.

Personally I'd rather have waited another week if it would have meant this was fixed. As it is though I can play SP until thiis is fixed.

d6veteran
09-25-2004, 20:40
Personally I'd rather have waited another week if it would have meant this was fixed. As it is though I can play SP until thiis is fixed.

I agree that I'd have waiting longer.

The bummer is that multiplayer is a great way for all my clan buddies to get together and enjoy the game *together* while chatting on TeamSpeak about our single player campaigns.

Shahed
09-25-2004, 22:48
which clan do you belong to d6 ?