PDA

View Full Version : LOL at casual adulterer vice

andrewt
09-27-2004, 20:37
I was looking around at the V&Vs of other factions and I noticed a Brutii with the casual adulterer trait.

It gave him +2 morale to troops on the battlefield. Err...

Kraxis
09-27-2004, 20:54
I was looking around at the V&Vs of other factions and I noticed a Brutii with the casual adulterer trait.

It gave him +2 morale to troops on the battlefield. Err...

Is that surprising? The men are proud of him.
Remember that Ceasar's troops were very proud of his exploits, and surprisingly they sort of ignored that he was also fond of little boys. They even had a little hymn about it that went something like "Oh all fathers lock up your wives, daughters and boys, for here comes (something I can't remember)".

tombom
09-27-2004, 21:08
That does seem a bit strange, almost as if they were promoting it...

Adrian II
09-28-2004, 00:02
That does seem a bit strange, almost as if they were promoting it...They were: adultery only counted as such when it involved another man's wife. There is an abundance of ancient tales that make the connection between sexual and military prowess. And male homosexuality wasn't institutionalized in ancient Rome the way in used to be in ancient Greece, but it was certainly considered acceptable. :book:

Patricius
09-28-2004, 00:49
Marius executed homosexuals - his nephew was slaughtered by a soldier he tried to seduce and Marius decorated the soldier - it was not acceptable in the military context.

Kraxis
09-28-2004, 01:17
Marius executed homosexuals - his nephew was slaughtered by a soldier he tried to seduce and Marius decorated the soldier - it was not acceptable in the military context.

Apparently unless you had already proven your 'valour' with the women and on the battlefield.

Dimeola
09-28-2004, 01:20
One of my Gaul Governors had two advisors....one was a `drunk uncle` and the other was a `drinking buddy`.....I knew things were in trouble...
D

Kraxis
09-28-2004, 01:23
Haha :laugh4:

Don't tell what his vices were... They can't have been surprising.

Patricius
09-28-2004, 01:30
MTW had some fine v&vs. It spawned a good few threads. How are the v&vs in this game. There is not much comment on them apart from this thread - are they not worthy of comment?

Colovion
09-28-2004, 02:59
MTW had some fine v&vs. It spawned a good few threads. How are the v&vs in this game. There is not much comment on them apart from this thread - are they not worthy of comment?

I think that we're just concentrating on the less subtle aspects at the moment. From my previous campaign it seemed as if your Family Members get loads more V&V's and a lot of the time they're good like "Legendary Commander" or "Sharp" of which you don't really take much of a note. I like the "Bloody" one as whenever the General makes his pre-battle speech one of the things that he says is "I want to see blood! I want to bathe in their blood! I want to bathe in their blood for a week!" :laugh4: