PDA

View Full Version : The AI Wall bug & Siege Bug - needs patch

Turbo
09-27-2004, 21:35
WALL BUG
If you sally out of a stone wall settlement during siege, the AI will march up to your walls and sit there while getting cut to pieces by emplacement missiles. Eventually they rout.

SIEGE BUG
You can set foot outside during any siege then dash back in and it is an automatic draw meaning the siege is lifted. It is thus possible to prevent your settlement from surrendering indefinately.

Red Harvest
09-27-2004, 21:58
Good post. I had noticed some of the same, although it didn't click about the draw until I saw what you wrote.

The AI is aggressive when you try to leave your fortification since you are vulnerable when you sally out. I've had them rush in to batter a unit or two, then pull back to a respectful range.

Alas, the AI in general will let you use slingers to cut them to ribbons if they lack the force needed for a headlong charge.

Spino
09-28-2004, 02:49
WALL BUG
If you sally out of a stone wall settlement during siege, the AI will march up to your walls and sit there while getting cut to pieces by emplacement missiles. Eventually they rout.

SIEGE BUG
You can set foot outside during any siege then dash back in and it is an automatic draw meaning the siege is lifted. It is thus possible to prevent your settlement from surrendering indefinately.

Regarding the wall bug the same thing applies to Wooden Stockade style walls. By the time my army sallies out from a gate on the far side of the city the archers in those dinky little wooden towers have had a field day culling the low tech barbarian herd stubbornly standing within arrow range!

Kraxis
09-28-2004, 15:37
The siegebug shouldn't be too bad... We just have to be more stoic and not use it. Just like a lot of people refused to use the ports to attack in STW (because the AI never did unless it was a border). But of course it should be fixed.

The wallbug on the other hand is not something you can always ignore I guess.

Red Harvest
09-28-2004, 19:56
The siegebug shouldn't be too bad... We just have to be more stoic and not use it. Just like a lot of people refused to use the ports to attack in STW (because the AI never did unless it was a border). But of course it should be fixed.

The wallbug on the other hand is not something you can always ignore I guess.

Actually the AI would attack ports in STW, but it was usually only the Shimatzu (sp?)--the green guys.. They were fairly regular about attacking undefended ports by using small forces. Like you say, though I refrained from port attacks since the AI didn't use them very effectively, and never defended against them.