PDA

View Full Version : Help with trade

funkb
09-28-2004, 15:32
I'm in my Juili campaigne in 200 BC and i'm just not making the money i should be. I own 85% of Europe and every settlement has port, market, shipwright, etc etc. all the neccassary things for trade. I also have trade rights with almost everyone. Some factions i see my trade ships going to their ports but like egypt for some reason i dont see the trade route in blue like i should or any ships. Am i doing something wrong or missing something? Thanks for any help.

Doug-Thompson
09-28-2004, 16:06
As soon as anybody finds an answer, we'd all like to know. I seem to be getting plenty of trade, but don't exactly know what I'm doing.

Orvis Tertia
09-28-2004, 16:14
You may already know this, but just in case: The starting port can only handle one trade route, and you gain an additional one with each upgrade, up to three, I think. So you can have agreements with everyone, but it still doesn't change the number of potential trade routes your city can have.

funkb
09-28-2004, 16:22
Ahh maybe thats it. I do have alot of dockyards built which gives u 3 trade routes. Is there any way to change which route you wanna use? I wanna trade with Egypt instead of say britannia.

Orvis Tertia
09-28-2004, 16:33
It's my understanding that the AI automatically selects the most profitable trade routes for you.

funkb
09-28-2004, 17:11
OK LAST QUESTION.

If i look at the Bruti they have alot of sea traffic on their ports. Mine have one ship and i have the neccassry buildings for multiple routes. Any idea what may be causing this?

Do i have to send war ships out to protect the routes. There are no enemy ships there though.

Orvis Tertia
09-28-2004, 18:03
That's a good question and I don't know the answer. I hope that more information becomes available soon that details how the trade system works. One possibility might be that your provinces don't have resources that are in demand elsewhere. That's just a guess.

funkb
09-28-2004, 19:34
Cool Thanks for the help bud.

I'll post back if i find anything out.