PDA

View Full Version : Chariots...

LittleRaven
09-28-2004, 17:22
So I couldn't resist starting a game as Britain and bringing the blue skinned love to my foes. Also, I jacked this one up to Very Hard/Hard, just to make it more interesting.

Some observations: Britain desperately needs population. There just aren't very many of us. ~;) Gauls suck. Chariots are lots and lots and lots of fun.

Obviously, you have to be a little careful with chariots. They need lots of room. Hills actually don't hurt them too much, but forests are very, very bad. Cities are even worse. You basically can't use them at all in a city. I wish they had a 'dismount' option like Medievil knights for when they are caught in urban fighting.

But when giving room to play, chariots are terrible weapons of destruction. The light chariots are basically the ultimate cavalry archer, able to quickly run around infantry while keeping up a constant stream of arrows. Very, very deadly on open ground. Heavy chariots are kind of funny. They are really, really good at breaking up formations of men and causing them to route, but they aren't actually that good at killing people. Mostly they just knock them down. Last night, after the enemy routed, I choose to continue the battle, and had my general charge a group of fleeing enemy druids. At first they were killing ok, but once there were only 3 druids left, they started just knocking them down. Over and over I charged with the chariots, (who were eager and winded) and they would send those druids flying through the air, only to pick themselves up, dust off their pants and start running again. It was comical. Finally I tired of the game and had my light chariots shoot them all to death. Funny, though.

Anyway, chariots are fun. ~:)

DisruptorX
09-28-2004, 17:25
The druids should have used their "form of the bear" ability. It gives them like 960 hp and devestating attack. They would toss the chariots like toys.

lars573
09-28-2004, 17:37
Or they should have cast a viens spell to hold in to those chariots and then the druids could reap them. As they have hand sythes for weapons.