PDA

View Full Version : brigands: RTW

Slaists
09-29-2004, 18:12
just wondering: those brigands that randomly pop up on the map in your territory - do these come from your city populace or from "somewhere else"?

Red Harvest
09-29-2004, 18:34
Wondering the same. I think that sometimes they are your own. It might be a trigger level in that "discontent" indicator (or whatever it is when you look at the details scroll, it is the one with the crossed swords.) At other times I'm sure they are getting kicked out of neighboring provinces--I saw a lot of them wandering in from neighboring Roman territories as Scipii.

Oaty
09-29-2004, 18:40
They come from the country side and have very little if any effect on your city populationwise. Now income wise they can have a detrimental effect. When you see those black scorches on the ground it means they did devastation. And if you look at your city report you'll see a negative income for devastation wich can really add up. If you kill them ass soon as they appear the damge is very little or none, if it takes you 2 turns or more to get to them the devastation starts adding up. So you have to also garrison and keep watch all over your land otherwise the rebels become worse and worse. and after they done a certain amout of devastation they will keep coming back for a while so its best to stop the problem before it starts.

camulos
09-29-2004, 18:45
They make good target practice for your young generals. :knight: :rifle:

Ulstan
09-29-2004, 19:54
The way they really kill income is by sitting on your land trade routes.