PDA

View Full Version : UKers This is Pety Minded

boot
09-30-2004, 10:40
Hi Guys
Yes We In THE UK are still waiting,but what really gets up my pipe is that today iv got time off tomorrow ill be working,so i went down to the City today i tried to get RTW.....AHHHHHHHH it was there Sitting on the Shelf looking at me BUT OH NO We cant sell it you Sir not until tomorrow......then i herd this shop assitant say yeah dont worry mate its a cool game iv been playing it for 2 days now.....if it wasn't the fact that i had a HAM Roll in my hand i would have Knocked him out .............................PETTY PETTY MINDED PEOPLE I wake up some days and think where the H*** is this Country going to..Realy.......... ~:handball:

Bob the Insane
09-30-2004, 10:46
Sorry mate....

You should have thrown the ham sandwich... ~D

Was it a GAME store???

Louis VI the Fat
09-30-2004, 10:46
What did you pussy out for?

Next time, drag him outside, kick the **** out of him and help yourself to a copy...

~;)

boot
09-30-2004, 10:50
Bob the Insane.
Yes Bob it was Game...and how did you know it was game?...lol ~:)

ShellShock
09-30-2004, 10:51
In the States they seem to sell the game as soon as it comes into stock, whereas here in the UK everyone has to wait for the "official" release date.

Isn't this uncompetitive? To me it seems a bit of a dodgy practice, akin to price fixing.

Where I live we used to have an EB and a Game shop, now they are both Game. So no incentive to compete there...

Doesn't anyone know what the consumer law on this states?

Adrian II
09-30-2004, 10:53
Yes Bob it was Game...and how did you know it was Game?...lol ~:)Because he works there? And has been playing the game for about two days now? ~:handball: ~:)

Sociopsychoactive
09-30-2004, 11:01
Game has started it's attempts to rule the game shops in the UK, already the mighty EB hath fallen, and gamestation is weak by comparison.

I had a similar experience today, there it is, on the shelf, awaiting my purchase, there's the sales person, babbling about how great it was when he played it last night, theres my fist moving toward his head....

Makes me wish I werent to honest to shoplift...

Bob the Insane
09-30-2004, 11:04
No, I don't work there.... ~;)

But there is one round the corner from where I work and I by 90% of my games from them... :dizzy2:

Don't know why, I can happily mail order books, DVD and PC Components to get them that bit cheaper (though haggling down on Tottenham Court Road with a handful of cash is often more fun for computer bits.. :furious3: :duel: ~D )...

But with PC games, got to have then NOW!!!!! :help:

The Tuffen
09-30-2004, 11:24
I don't mind game especially for mail order. When Zelda the wind waker came out i recieved it nearly a week in advance and with r:tw i got an e-mail from game saying that they've posted it already (this was early wednesday morning i got the e-mail so with a bit of luck it will be at home for me now.

Catiline
09-30-2004, 12:34
Ordered mine from play.com. Was only 25 quid and was apparently shipped yesterday, so come home time tonight...

Feanor
09-30-2004, 12:38
I agree. I think Play is definitely best for mail order. Free shipping and usually save a few squids over virtually anyone else.

The Tuffen
09-30-2004, 13:16
I usually use play.com but for games i prefer game (plus as a bonus i got a free copy of armed and dangerous which i then sold on afterwards ~D

Bob the Insane
09-30-2004, 13:21
Just tired my local GAME, no luck there though... Lots of boxes on display but no sales until tomorrow...

Al Shama'ar
09-30-2004, 13:40
In Portugal, they'd be forced to sell it if it was on display, unless stated otherwise explicitly.
You could even call a policeman if they still refused to sell the game.

Anyway, what's keeping Amazon from sending me my copy!?!? :furious3:

Al

maestro
09-30-2004, 13:43
Ordered mine from play.com. Was only 25 quid and was apparently shipped yesterday, so come home time tonight...

Bastige. My play order was shipped today! What gives? I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow. This missus is on nights so she can collect it from mr postman when he knocks and it'll be waiting for a full weekends play when I get home tomorrow ~D

Bob the Insane
09-30-2004, 14:01
In Portugal, they'd be forced to sell it if it was on display, unless stated otherwise explicitly.

Well, there are big stickers on the boxes sale it is on sale from Friday so I guess that would count....

TCon88
09-30-2004, 15:43
I got an e-mail saying mie was despatched yesterday and it still isnt here ~:confused: t'is not fair, now i wont get to play it till tommorrow after school and then i'll have loads of homework, life is so cruel....

Bob the Insane
09-30-2004, 16:09
My mission for tomorrow...

Note I have booked the day off work... ~D

Get up, jump on exercise bike for 30 mins (to dark to run now..)

Washed and dressed and drive to Bluewater for 0900hrs..

Straight to Game and purchase RTW...

Buy the wife breakfast in Carluccio's and then head home via the Honda garage to get a quote... (Scratched the left wing of my S2000... ~:eek: :furious3: )

Then home and to the study and its RTW time...

Well that is pretty much it for the weekend... :charge: :duel: ~D

Note the breakfast for the wife is a bribe to get her to deliver me pizza as and when required... ~;)

Jango Fett
09-30-2004, 16:25
get a job at game

The Tuffen
09-30-2004, 17:08
I got an e-mail saying mie was despatched yesterday and it still isnt here ~:confused: t'is not fair, now i wont get to play it till tommorrow after school and then i'll have loads of homework, life is so cruel....

Same here. Mine says it was dispatched yesterday but it isn't here yet. It will be an incentive for you to get your homework done as quick as possible so that you will have all weekend playing Rome.

Bob the Insane My mission for tomorrow...

Note I have booked the day off work...

Get up, jump on exercise bike for 30 mins (to dark to run now..)

Washed and dressed and drive to Bluewater for 0900hrs..

Straight to Game and purchase RTW...

Buy the wife breakfast in Carluccio's and then head home via the Honda garage to get a quote... (Scratched the left wing of my S2000... )

Then home and to the study and its RTW time...

Well that is pretty much it for the weekend...

Note the breakfast for the wife is a bribe to get her to deliver me pizza as and when required...

Wish i could have the day off. Thankfully work is 5 mins down the road and i finish at 3.30 - hopefully earlier. Cos i'm poor i wont be going down the pub so i'll have all night to play rome.

Hosakawa Tito
09-30-2004, 18:24
get a job at game

Now there's a thinking man.
Sharp - +1 management
Tactician - +1 command
Subterfuge - %10 popularity with the people

The Marcher Lord
09-30-2004, 18:37
I much prefer Gameplay UK if I want a game on, or before, the day of release. I received RTW this morning from them. Play.com typically take 4 days from shipping to get it to your door as they operate from Jersey, not worth the delay even if I did want to save 99p

Bob the Insane
10-01-2004, 06:58
Just been told by the wife that in addition to going out to buy RTW and get breakfast...

We have to buy a vase!?!?!? ~:eek:

You know what women are like, this could take bloody ages.... :help:

Sociopsychoactive
10-01-2004, 08:09
one more hour, just one more hour......

The_Emperor
10-01-2004, 08:23
Well I'll be getting my copy at Lunch time today... Sadly I will be heading out of town tomorrow, so that means I will have reduced time to do RTW this weekend.

Still I'll make sure I'm back as early as possible. ~;)

khelvan
10-01-2004, 08:38
Stores in the US will also hold copies of games until the release date has been reached. However, this happens less than it used to these days.

The purpose is to reach as many customers as possible at the same time, rather than having hordes of dissatisfied customers while the select few in the areas quickest to reach by mail (post) are happy.

Jambo
10-01-2004, 10:16
I got my copy from Gameplay yesterday. With Gameplay you quite often get it the day before official release :D

Cazbol
10-01-2004, 13:35
Just been told by the wife that in addition to going out to buy RTW and get breakfast...

We have to buy a vase!?!?!? ~:eek:

You know what women are like, this could take bloody ages.... :help:

Hey keep us posted on the vase. Sounds exciting. :smash: