PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Achilles
10-02-2004, 10:17
No error message, Rome Total War installs fine and the game loads up fine to the main menu, I click single player then start the Prologue, The intro and short campaign description by Victoria work fine. Then when the prologue battle loads it's gets to the end of the load does nothing for a few seconds then crashes to desktop.
I've tried re-Installing twice and have attempted repeatedly to make it work but with no success. Could I please have some help to make it work.

I've managed to skip the prolouge but it still happens.

Indylavi
10-02-2004, 10:31
I haven't had a CTD in R:TW but I'm sure there is an error log created some place. Try looking for an error log in your Activision/Rome Total War directory. If it isn't there then try the data/#logs folder in your Rome Total war directory. Also, what windows are you using and Video card? If you do have an error log post what's in it. I can't promise anything but I'll take a look at it ~:cool:

Achilles
10-02-2004, 15:29
Can't find an error log. I use XP Home Edition and I have a VIA/ S3G KM400 Graphics card and I think that card is causing the problems so might be getting a new NVIDIA geforce 6600 GT or 5700ultra or a 5950 Ultra
graphics card help.

Indylavi
10-02-2004, 22:46
Yeah, it's the Graphics card. Sadly only way to fix it is to get a new one. Good news is you can pick up a card that will run it pretty cheap unless your really looking for a big upgrade.