PDA

View Full Version : Desynchronize Animations & Antialiasing

Plantagenet
10-03-2004, 00:31
Just started playing RTW, already seems incredible! Anyone know:

-What does Desynchronize Animations do? Same as VSync?

-What driver CP levels do in-game Antialiasing levels equal? For instance, if I set 4x AA in my driver CP, what in-game level does that equal (Medium, High, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Sjakihata
10-03-2004, 00:42
desync = desynchronizes the animations, so all the tails of a cavalry unit does not go sideways in the exact same time, really improves eyecandy, but zoomed out it is useless, demands more cpu power.

AA = use your CP settings and override the game settings, so you can specify x2, x4, x6 or x8. The setting in your CP will override the ingame setting

Ktonos
10-06-2004, 01:31
Um...sorry but what exctly does the AntiAllizing option?

RTKLamorak
10-06-2004, 01:37
Anti-Aliasing gets rid of the "jaggies" surround all objects.

Without Anti-aliasing, a straight line isnt actually a straight line (look closely).. it has many small jagged corners. Anti-aliasing removes this, the higher the X (4x, 8x e.t.c) the less jaggies there are on a line (simply said ;o )

Morindin
10-06-2004, 01:42
Warning:

The options seem somewhat buggy. Set them on/off once and they remain that way until you restart the game.
I turned on Glints and they remained on despite checking/unchecking the box numerous times, the same with desyc animations.

Anti-Aliasing really improves the eye candy factor (especially with spearmen) but will give you a serious performance hit if you have a slower nvidia card.

Also for me, with AA turned on, all my screenshots come out black. I have to turn off AA (and make the game ugly) to take screenshots :)

vodkafire
10-06-2004, 07:01
So what are the AA settings in relation to actual AA?
low = 2
medium = 4
high = 6 ?

The reason I'm asking is for some reason i don't get an option for medium or high, only low. I'm satisfied with my game speed now and don't want to lag it any further. What setting should i set it to?

I have a 9800 pro 128mb card and P43.0E (~5900 3dmarks w/ 2003) and playing on huge unit size. Any suggestions from similar hardware owners? I was thinking of making it 2x in my CP with temporal AA. But if low = 4x, then i'll set it to 4x w/ temporal AA.