PDA

View Full Version : Worthless governors

Amon_Zeth
10-04-2004, 02:48
After I put a governor in my cities, he starts rapidly accruing BAD vices, such as poor farmer, useless assessor, likes a flutter, etc., which makes him end up costing the city rather than producing it. How can I

1.) Keep them from picking up such devastating vices for governors, and
2.) Make them gain accumen, influence, and virtues that help their administration?

zentuit
10-04-2004, 04:03
RTW is different from MTW in that parking a governor doesn't automatically mean this guy is going to pile on bad vices. It seems like you are having a run of bad luck. A few battles seem to shape up the slackers. Also the academic buildings, once you get to them, will start adding followers to the retinue that usually bolster influence or management.

Arakasi
10-04-2004, 04:12
I found that the Romans tended to pick up more good and bad vices then the barbarian cultures. Makes sense actually. I think keeping corruption down in the cities is a way to keep down the bad vices.

rayoftoul
10-04-2004, 08:56
Like zentuit said, you seem to be having a bit of bad luck and academys help out ALOT. If all else fails, send him out to some difficult battles. If he loses, he's no loss. If he wins, he should lose some bad vices, or at least gain some good ones.

GonzoDave
10-04-2004, 17:17
Bad farmer, bad miner etc come when the governor's building is upgraded without farming or mining improvements having been built. Useless assessor comes from a disloyal governor AND high tax levels. Gambling can come from sitting around, but it's only a 1% chance per turn, non cumulative. Otherwise it's an unavoidable consequence of having a temple of trade or fun or a well developed city

Amon_Zeth
10-04-2004, 22:51
I parked these governor's worthless fannies in a city, and next turn, without any governor's building being upgraded, they get bad miner, farmer, etc. I keep getting useless assessor on medium tax rates, not on high or very high. As for gambling, I'm not sure, but they certainly do seem apt to ruining my trade income in those cities so that might be it.

Amon_Zeth
10-07-2004, 01:26
I've played again, and useless assessor only comes for those governors who have tax rates that are medium or low; high or very high taxes almost never have them.

bmolsson
10-07-2004, 05:13
How about family members ?

Amon_Zeth
10-09-2004, 02:59
What do you mean by that, bmolsson?