PDA

View Full Version : Get off my land!

Orvis Tertia
10-04-2004, 19:28
The diplomacy system is missing an option to request--or demand--that a neutral or allied faction get the heck out of your territory. The AI will demand this from you, but you have no way to demand it of the AI.

Last night, the Numidian faction leader was dropped off by ship next to Carthago Nove, which I had captured about six turns previously. He was all alone, and I had trade agreements with the Numidians but no alliance. I let him sit there right next to my city for three turns. His fleet sailed away on the turn after he arrived. Eventually, after I couldn't get anything out of the situation with my diplomat, I sallied forth my garrison of several town watch and velites and killed the king and his bodyguard. Now I'm at war with Numidia. Yawn. I'm so scared.

Aside from this being really bizarre behavior by the AI, I was perplexed by the fact that unless I wanted to start a war, I had no way to kindly ask this annoying king to get out of my yard.

Doug-Thompson
10-04-2004, 19:42
I know what you mean. I get "Transgression" messages from factions all the time, but can't talk back. I'm sure this is on the "bug" thread.

Technically, it's not really necessary The AI "knows" that walking around on your territory can and will probably provoke an attack. Still, it would be nice to allow the AI a chance to change his ways.

Perhaps moving an army near to him without attacking would send the message?

camulos
10-04-2004, 19:50
Those dang Numidians. In my Scipii campaign they march all over my provinces but won't let me go in their territory for a turn or two to hunt down the last of the Carthaginians (their enemy) who are hiding out there.

Tamur
10-04-2004, 21:42
Agreed Orvis, this is a missing option in diplomacy that would be great to get filled in. We can't really call it a 'bug', more of a missing feature that could help avoid starting a potentially unnecessary war with the transgressing faction.