PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Can we mod the length of the turns?

Scorpion
10-07-2004, 10:50
The basic game gives us two turns per year.

Naturally, too little happens during that time - the movement distances are not realistic.

Since increasing speeds would not be good for playability, would it be possible to mod how the turns work? Could we, for example, make years comprise of four turns? Or six?

With six turns, for example, we could have two turns of "winter" and four turns of "summer" since I´m sure we couldn´t make additional seasons (not to mention that the mediterranean climate isn´t really the standard four seasons package....)

Anyone think this would be possible?

It´d mean that sailing across the mediterranean wouldn´t take years....

Duke John
10-07-2004, 10:55
I am 99.9% sure that this is all hardcoded.

JeromeGrasdyke
10-07-2004, 12:08
DJ, you're not wrong. Hardcoded it is.

Scorpion
10-07-2004, 13:36
Thanks for the answer, Jerome.

It´s not a big deal for me - with the mods I´m currently running, I´m enjoying the game a great deal. Such a masterpiece.

Bolle
10-07-2004, 15:39
...Since increasing speeds would not be good for playability...

Has anyone figured out how to increase those speeds on the campaign map?
I have been looking at this for a while, but just cant find it.

Scorpion
10-08-2004, 01:36
One temporary way would be to add MovementPoints for traits....

sunsmountain
01-25-2005, 20:11
Is it possible to mod the time of a battle on the campaign map? Or is that also hardcoded (and always during the day)?

It would just be so cool to play some Fantasy Lord of the Rings mod battles at night in certain areas on the map (of Middle Earth), notably Mordor.

SwordsMaster
01-25-2005, 20:27
Turns: check out Myrdaal s find about scripting somewhere in the Guides and Tutorials subforum IIRC.

Sundjata Keita
01-25-2005, 20:30
This is a very old thread. I think Mydraal and some other people have written a script making more turns per year now.

As for night time battles I think that has come up before and I don't think it is possible because the campaign map always uses the same time of day for battles. I wish CA would help us with this kind of thing.

EDIT: lol guess you got there before me

dclare4
01-28-2005, 06:36
CA should really just give us variable victory conditions and variable turns per year at the very least. It really is limiting cuz the turn length depends on the type of scenario/campaign you're doing. Let's say I wanted to mod a single campaign like the Salamis/Thermopylae or Agincourt campaigns in detail - that would entail a greatly different turn scale than lets say a mod of the Crusades or the Roman Civil Wars of Caesar or the Alexandrine conquests.

Clare

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-28-2005, 10:46
The turns can be modded so you have as an example: 8 turns for summer and 4 for winter than the year turns.

LZoF

Myrddraal
01-28-2005, 11:50
NO you can't. If your talking about using the script I worked out, you can only have a max of one winter. Characters age on the change from winter to summer. If you have four winters, characters will age by four years every year.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
01-28-2005, 13:08
Maybe it cannot be done with your script just saying that it can be done.
You need the right tool for it.

LZoF

Myrddraal
01-28-2005, 13:22
What do you mean? I haven't been able to check the forums as much as I would like to... what tool?