PDA

View Full Version : The Late Great Rodney Dangerfield

Hosakawa Tito
10-07-2004, 14:48
One of the best comedians of all time. His mannerisms during his stand up routine were pure genius. The way he pulled his tie. The way he squirmed his neck with that tight collar. The way he talked to and looked at the audience with those bug eyes and self deprecating manner. He got laughs at himself instead of at the expense of others.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13343-2004Oct6.html

Some of my favorite Rodneyisms:

"I was ugly, very ugly. When I was born the doctor slapped my mother."

"Last week my house was on fire. My wife told the kids,'Be quiet,you'll wake up daddy."

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot,but I always found them."

"A girl phoned me the other night and said,'Come on over,there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home."

"I found out there was only one way to look thin. Hang out with fat people."

'I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table."

"I went to my doctor the other day, and he told me I was crazy. I said,'Oh yeah, well I want another opinion.' He says, 'Okay, you're ugly too'."

"My fan club broke up. The guy died."

I'm going to miss you Rodney. ~:cheers:

Kraellin
10-07-2004, 14:56
yup. rodney was one of a kind :)

K.

Beirut
10-07-2004, 15:48
He da man!

Ronin
10-07-2004, 16:33
a true legend...

R.I.P.

Nelson
10-08-2004, 20:05
He was one of my all time favorites. :sad:

Devastatin Dave
10-09-2004, 05:24
What a legacy... Many of today's quips used daily by the average person was quiped by him years and years ago. He will be missed like Jackie Gleason, Sammy Davis Jr, and George Burns.

Tachikaze
10-09-2004, 08:30
Yes, it was refreshing to hear a comedian make jokes at his own expense, rather than the insult style humor so popular today.

LittleGrizzly
10-09-2004, 08:37
never heard of him but those one liners cracked me up, my sympathys.

Thoros of Myr
10-09-2004, 08:59
I like: (and I'll probly quote this wrong)

"When I was born the doctor told my parents', 'I did all I could but he pulled through anyway."

Thank you Rodney...