PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawing from assault bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TN[ KrAzY!
10-07-2004, 15:43
ok i was just laying siege to a greek city, i had over 1000 men and heavy onagers etc. but after smashing a few holes in their walls i decided i didnt have enough infantry to actually assault cos the enemy garrison outnumbered me. so i decided to withdraw get some heavy infantry from another province and attack agin. sadly it was not to be, when i withdrew from the siege my army left the field unpursued and in good order but when i got back to the main campaign map the entire army was DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

Oaty
10-07-2004, 19:25
What you do'nt know is there were orcs from warcraft that snuck into your game used there stasis wards beyond the redlines. So your army sat there and was stunned and they just marched out and mopped up.

I know your pain and in all reality if no engagemnt had occured the siege should still be in place. or at least the withdrawing army should be alive. Disbanded armies can be a bit bugged.

I've also lost a siege and the troops that were still there survived and the ones that routed/withdrew for reenforcements to come in died/diapeared/disbanded.

They do need to fix it where if certain portion of your army is still surviving no matter what the circumstances are(unless they were trapped against the sea) they should all survive. But then again the Persians managed to withdraw to their fleet at marathon so autodisband is bit buggy to me.

csebal
10-09-2004, 01:04
Yes, its definitely annoying, especially considering, that by waiting for the 30 minutes battle timer go down, you get a draw and the siege goes on... if you decide to pull your forces back, you lose them all - even family members (except mercenaries, as those seem to remain in such cases)

Its simply a bug, i cant find any other explanation. Just wonder how they havent managed to fix it in the first patch... ehh.. well, maybe in the second one, we'll get a fix for it.

Until then, its just a matter of patience to avoid accidental losses.

oblivious maximus
10-09-2004, 01:10
This not good and should be fixed. I dont understand exactly why this is but if you withdraw in fine order your army should be intact.

Safest thing to do is to wait @ 3x speed till over and all will be good. I disabled my clock once, withdrew and lost a great attack force.

Botis
10-09-2004, 12:21
It's a bleedin' frickin' seriously bad bug that just did me over & for which I'm feeling ever so slightly annoyed. I hope this is fixed real soon.

Colovion
10-09-2004, 19:22
Yeah, I had this happen to a big army as well. It sucks.