PDA

View Full Version : Attacking with multiple stacks.

Emperor of Nowhere
10-07-2004, 16:40
Hey guys, just a quick queston. In MTW I regularly attacked with multiple stacks of units and was wondering how to do it in RTW. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eeyoredragon
10-07-2004, 17:04
When you select an army, do you see the red area around an enemy army? Move your army/ies there and attack with your main force, and voíla the armies in the red area will appear as reinforcements. The only problem is that the AI generals isn't smarter than a stone and therefore make a glorius charge to death :charge: .

What I want to know is if there's a way to make the reinforcements not reinforcements, so to say? I would like them to be included in my main force so I can use them properly.

:charge: :charge: :charge:

foop
10-07-2004, 17:12
What I want to know is if there's a way to make the reinforcements not reinforcements, so to say? I would like them to be included in my main force so I can use them properly.

If the stack you move in support doesn't have a (faction member) general and only has a captain leading it, they come on as reinforcements. I haven't noticed a way of changing the order of reinforcements, but they will at least be under your control (and behind the enemy if that's where they started from). This will avoid the suicidal general issue.

Spuddicus
10-07-2004, 17:14
Just make sure you don't have any generals leading your reinforcement stacks (the AI like to kill them).
I either move 'em back or join them up with my main attacking stack (they'll lose the general title but still keep the same unit bonuses).

Noong
10-07-2004, 18:24
When you select an army, do you see the red area around an enemy army? Move your army/ies there and attack with your main force, and voíla the armies in the red area will appear as reinforcements. The only problem is that the AI generals isn't smarter than a stone and therefore make a glorius charge to death :charge: .

:charge: :charge: :charge:

Like the others have said, don't use a general in your second stack.
Also if you don't want your second stack to sit on the sideline waiting for a spot free in your army, make it so that your combined stacks are less than or equal to 20.
Like have the main force of 14 units, and then a force of 6 units (with no general) going in from behind on the campaign map.